classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
548 messages Options
1 ... 2425262728
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

Big D
Wondering what the deck rules or protocol will be like. Will the brown baggers be allowed with all their chips, peanut butter sandwiches, soda, beer? Perhaps the baggers will have a designated section. I certainly don't mind buying a few beers to help support GP.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Big D, I also wonder if the deck will be heated, as this certainly isn't Deer Valley. How many people will use the deck when it's dreary and zero degrees.

On an aside, it doesn't appear as though the entire Odyssey snowmaking project will be completed this year due to some technical issues. Bummer!
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
I heard that the floor of the deck will have heating lines under it, to prevent ice build up out there. We will see. Wouldn't expect anyone out their in COLD COLD weather. Will be great in the fall, summer, spring and unfortunate winter warm spells.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
That's great to hear that the deck will be heated. I'm glad they thought of that proactively.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Getting close ---- Hollenbecks opened Saturday
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
8 new hydrants on odyssey have been installed. Along with some new fixed snowmaking guns.  Deck is almost complete just electrical and gas lines need to be ran.  Pray for rain as the snowmaking creek has been bone dry for about a month.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
It looks like some heavy rain is on the way. I could graze livestock in my yard on the dry grass.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
 time for a trip! any idea how long mtb is planning to stay open?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
campgottagopee wrote
 time for a trip! any idea how long mtb is planning to stay open?
Right on!! I can tell you the donuts are still the best ever at Hollenbecks, that hasn't changed

I'll be riding Sunday (if weather holds) so I'll do some asking around to see what their plan is with the mtb. My guess would be they'll run it thru Oct. I didn't ride last week (work day at camp) but met the guys up there when I got home. Trax was busy and there were alot of cars in the parking lot. I hope their doing good with it, it would appear that for the first year they are.

Wait until you see this effin DECK!
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
A new foot bridge is being built next to the deck. Same spot as the old one, just bigger and better :) Odyssey snowmaking upgrades are complete. Still need rain, snowmaking creek is barely flowing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
This post was updated on .
where's the snow wrote
A new foot bridge is being built next to the deck. Same spot as the old one, just bigger and better :) Odyssey snowmaking upgrades are complete. Still need rain, snowmaking creek is barely flowing.
Joy to the world with respect to the new foot bridge. The existing two chew up ski boots in no time.

Snow, do you know if the issues they ran into with respect to the Odyssey snowmaking installation were resolved? When I last spoke to the powers to be, they indicated an issue with a technical aspect of what they had planned. I don't recall the specifics, but believe it had something to do with limitations in capacity or pumps? I was told that a portion of the trail would need to wait until next year to be completed. Maybe they bit the bullet and resolved it.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by gorgonzola

Gor, saturday the 24th is also the last day of DH for the year. I'm working that day but will be at Trax after I get out. I know the bands that are playing, both are real good
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
saw that, looks like a good time, bad weekend for us though. gonna try to make it up this weekend for some beer and wine sippin, it looks like mtb is open Saturday and sunday
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I'll keep an eye out for you at Trax this weekend.......gonna be snowing here this weekend
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
man nothing would get the stoke market rising more than some mtb in a snow shower followed by a beer or two on the deck   
Reply | Threaded
|

where's the snow
In reply to this post by Rj1972
As far as I know the plan was just to do the bottom half of odessy, top half will be done next year. Theres 8 new hydrants on odyssey :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
where's the snow wrote
As far as I know the plan was just to do the bottom half of odessy, top half will be done next year. Theres 8 new hydrants on odyssey :)
OK, Thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
The plan was to check out the GP mtb trails... they closed 'em down with the coating overnight, nothing like waking up to a fresh kote though!

Deck looks great (as long as they can keep the are below looking decent and not an eyesore). looking forward to have a brew or 2 on it.

Headed back to PA and closed out the day on the mtb chasing a surreal golden sunset in snow squalls
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote

This was a MASSIVE hit. I missed the majority of it due to work, but I was told it was  mobbed!

The deck was packed with both fireplaces cranking, Trax was packed and so was the room next door. Way to go GP
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I'm glad they had a good turnout. Hopefully, the ski club swap shop benefitted from the festivities.

I ventured to Killington, skied on Saturday, and slept in on Sunday. Rime held up well, but Reason was looking a little sketchy by the time I called it quits. Mother Nature certainly didn't help conditions on Sunday, but it looks like colder weather is heading back to the region later this week, so we'll cross our fingers.

If Killington doesn't reopen this weekend, maybe I'll head up to GP to see what's happening. Haven't made it to Hollenbecks yet this year, so those warm donuts may make the drive worthwhile.
1 ... 2425262728