gorgonzola
looks cool camp, can't wait to get up there and check out the trails
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
You're gonna LOVE it.

Our crew is hooked ---- they need to open up on Sunday's, which from all the feedback their getting (very positive)  I'd be shocked if they don't.

There will be some stitches involved
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Big D
Good for you Camper!  

You should try and make it up for one of Wilmington's town shuttle days on PMD.  1200 vertical over a three mile decent.  Five bucks gets you shuttled up from 1-4.  It's a blast.  Not a true dH run but full suspension is highly recommended.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
My girl and I will be up there (staying at Loon Lake) over Labor Day weekend. I'm sure we'll have our bikes, but doubtful we'll make the PMD. Maybe we can hook up in Placid at some point for some  ---- I'll be in touch with you clowns as we get closer.

I have my bike all picked out. It all hinges on whether or not Greek opens biking on Sunday's......they damn well better . i know there are a bunch of peeps who want to go, myself included, but work on Saturday's

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This is gonna be SICK

Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
This post was updated on .
campgottagopee wrote
This is gonna be SICK
Was talking to a guy who seems knowledgable about downhill Mountain biking and he said to do 8 foot drops or more (he said much more, like 8 feet is nothing) you need a high end full suspension heavy duty DH Mountain Bike... I said like a $1,200 bike and he said no more like $6,500.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I received multiple text messages regarding the new black diamond biking trail. Reader digest version:
"It was fuckin sick!"

These are guys who race and know what they are doing on expert trails. I also talked with some intermediates regarding that trail......they were in way over their heads  
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
yea by the looks of those doubles on the preview vid i'll be stickin to the blues... not enough bike or bawlz, tabletops ftw!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
for realz

they are currently building 2 new trails. A new green trail/xc/enduro trail and a new blue trail. They used the words "mega flow", whatever that means, sounds cool tho
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
full on summer here in the valley

That said days are getting shorter
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Love that pic.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
It's a good spot, right on the headwall of the Big O, perfect shady spot on a hot day for sippin
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Great photo, Camp!

Any signs of snowmaking construction on the Odyssey yet?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I honestly don't know if they've done anything with the snowmaking on Odyssey. We were up there checking out the new bike trail which is insane!!! Next time I'm up there I'll check on any snowmaking happenings and report back.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I haven't been up in a couple of months, as I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Still haven't checked on the snowmaking but I can tell you the new deck is looking good. It's gonna be sweet, real sweet
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
That's great! I hope the deck proves to be financially beneficial for the resort.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I think it will. I can see the deck keeping people there year round on those nice weather days. I stopped Friday night after work for a couple pops but didn't stay too long because it was simply too nice out to be inside. Prolly would've stayed for a couple more if that deck was there.

Wish they'd open Sunday's for biking.....not sure why they aren't, but then again, smarter people than I are in charge for a reason
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Is there enough mountain biking traffic on Saturday to justify opening on Sunday? I wonder how successful it's been thus far.
1 ... 22232425262728