Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

campgottagopee
gorgonzola wrote
yea buuuuuuddy!!!

sucks I can't ride this year
That sucks, bro! How's the rehab going?? New hipster treating you ok?
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Great to see mountain biking, and hope it's a success. I wish they would have made an announcement, as I already purchased my Killington summer pass. However, if this proves to be a success at GP, I'll definitely make the switch next summer.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
gorgonzola wrote
yea buuuuuuddy!!!

sucks I can't ride this year
That sucks, bro! How's the rehab going?? New hipster treating you ok?
going well thanks, more hippy than hipster tho  doing a lot of walking, some swimming and just starting to get back on the bike doing some gravel grinding. probably ditch the cane completely in the next few weeks. 6 month checkup in November - hopefully clear to ski
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Good deal --- sounds like ur on pace to hit the hill again this winter
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Hey Camp,
Was looking at Greeks webcam the other day, and it looks like 2 backhoes dug a huge trench, along the far edge of the creek, Gridley Creek, probably for the footer for the big deck project. Thinking the building of the deck may have started.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yea, 10-4 Big D....word round campfire is October-ish she should be done
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
It's great to hear about all of the construction activity on the mountain. I'm hoping some snowmaking improvements are on the agenda for this summer, as well. Little by little, they'll get there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Looks like a soft opening on Sat. 7/4/15 for Mountain Biking:

Greek Peak Mountain Resort will have their opening day for mountain biking this Saturday July 4th! The ‪#‎bikepark‬ will be open from 12-5. Lift tickets are only $16 for the day! Come see what Roots Trail Development has done so far at Greek! ‪#‎localliftaccess‬ ‪#‎dh‬ ‪#‎dhmtb‬
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
One of our crew was able to make it over the weekend.

"Good start"

"It was cool"
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Found a vid on youtube, of opening day Mountain Biking:

<nabble_embed>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaclJ4Z8T7Q</nabble_embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaclJ4Z8T7Q
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Thanks for puttin that up -- was wondering where the trail went and now I know.

This could get interesting come winter time
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
should of put the cam on the first guy!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Cortland County I-D-A Approves Sales Tax Break and Extension For Greek Peak Projects

full story....http://www.wxhc.com/?p=5998

Great news for Greek Peak
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
That certainly is outstanding news!

I knew about the Odyssey improvements, but hadn't heard that the owners wanted to invest in expanded F&B facilities at HLL. I just assumed they were going to focus on the ski side of the business based on the remarks they made when purchasing the business. It's great news that the Acorn is so busy that they require additional space. There is rarely anyone in the Acorn when I'm there, but it could also just be my timing.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Sure is, RJ

Some highlights that stoop out to me:

Sales tax remitted is up 38%
F&B revenue up 20% (Trax is killa)
HLL occupancy is up 3.2%
Skier visits up 15%

ROCK ON  
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
This post was updated on .
I am pleased to see that the figures are all up.

I had to chuckle when I read the Cortland Standard article today that mentioned the snowmaking and lighting improvements were being made to the Olympian. I had hoped that was a misprint, and the article Camp posted corrected the misinformation.

The last sentence of the article that Camp posted contains a hyperlink to the actual documents filed by GP. Among other things, it lists the exact planned expenditures for next year, such as $430k for the Odyssey snowmaking upgrades, $250k for the Trax deck, etc.  Very informative.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
WOW-WOW-WOW-WOWZERS!!

What an amazing weekend at Greek Peak.

Friday night the Peakfest kick-off party was cool

Saturday - DH Mountain biking from noon (first chair of coursr ) until 3, drinking beer at the A18 Clubhouse until 5 , then full-on cancert mode from then until dark. It was a full day of fun, scaring the shit out of myself, laughter, smiles, beer and friends

More on this DH. I have never been DH mountain biking before in my life. Three things:

1. I am completely 100% hooked, and it's gonna cost me some money
2. I am LACKING some SERIOUS skill sets before I become comfortable riding the blue squares. I have a MASSIVE new found level of respect for dudes who can handle that shit. I had a REAL hard time committing to the line and just letting it go.
3. I never thought in a million years I'd ever ride a bike down Ronnies Run but I did. There were two spots I had to get off my bike and walk it down. It was so muddy I could hardly walk down it not to mention riding a bike. I won't go on that trail again until I have a full suspension bike, full face helmet and pads. It's not a matter of IF you're gonna crash, just a question of when.

We hooked up with these guys http://rootstraildevelopment.com/ , these are the guys building these trails. Cool dudes

They are in the process of building an expert trail. I know where it is, I've seen the 8 foot jump at the entrance, and I know I'll never ride it.

Anyway, here's a vid from one the many riders who were blowing my doors off.....I can keep up with him on the green circle tho

Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
I tried a little off road downhill MTBiking near where I live and wiped out. I barely clipped the outer end of my handlebar on a skinny tree and that caused me to loose my balance and go flying head first over my handlebars... OUCH. Thank God, no injuries like a broken collarbone or concussion. Also my el-cheapo Moongoose or Huffy Moutainbikes would fall apart in no time off road at Greek. However I can bike over to Chenango Valley State Park and ride on the fire roads, and trails that are there.

I think a full face helmet sounds like a good idea for the GP stuff. I'm thinking if Greek keeps the lift tic at $20. plenty of people will come from all over and they will sell enough tics to support both Sat. and Sunday operations.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
1 ... 2122232425262728