classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
323 messages Options
1 ... 1011121314151617
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

Dougski
Yes,they just pulled the plug on reopening after this weekend. E-mail to employees says they won't reopen after Sunday due to weather and forecast conditions.  

I am not surprised.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
For those of you skiing GP this weekend, have a good one. I just spoke to the big guy, and Sunday is the last day for the season.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
We will be at Trax Sunday to close out the season.
This has been a great year for riding.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by Dougski
Dougski wrote
Yes,they just pulled the plug on reopening after this weekend. E-mail to employees says they won't reopen after Sunday due to weather and forecast conditions.  

I am not surprised.
Me neither cause they had barely any base even on the snowmaking trails. That was evident two weeks ago. With no base a few warm days and a slight rain shuts the right down. All that snowmaking power and they can't make it to April.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Interestingly, I had a couple of employees who skied Camelback today, and they reported that 100% of the area was open.

GP intends to have two lifts open tomorrow, Saturday. Such a shame.

BTW, Not that I’m advocating for people to ski Camelback, but they offer free lift tickets if you show a season pass from any ski area this time of the year.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Rats.  Thanks for the intell. I always like to ski the first day and the last weekend.  It makes me happy.  Looking at the webcam today, things look like absolute slop.  Ugh.

(BTW, my favorite last day was when it was 20 degrees in the morning, and warmed up to 60. I skied 8 lovely runs on Illiad, came home, put on shorts and a tshirt, hung up my hammock and took a snooze.  )
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
 Something else that I learned is that about 100 trees will be taken down between the Iliad and Alcmene. They are either dead or diseased. I’m not sure if this is part of a forest management program (I doubt it), or if they did the analysis on their own.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I heard they're using the lumber from those trees to build you an office so you can better sit around and armchair QB them.
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
In reply to this post by Rj1972
Emerald ash borer?  I have about 7 or 8 ash trees on my property that will have to come down this year because of them.
Ski the snow on the ground, not the date on the calendar. - Glenn Plake
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I'm sure that's the case^^^
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
I heard they're using the lumber from those trees to build you an office so you can better sit around and armchair QB them.
Behave, Camp. 😉

On a different note, Greek Peak is definitely joining the freedom pass. In addition to the areas listed on the freedom website, holiday Valley, west mountain, and one additional ski area will be included. I was told what the third area was, but simply can’t recall.

Literature is currently being printed, and will be distributed shortly. In addition, an email blast will be forthcoming.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by Joneski73
Joneski73 wrote
Emerald ash borer?  I have about 7 or 8 ash trees on my property that will have to come down this year because of them.
 I’m never happy to see any trees come down, but it’s best to manage them while they are standing before they land on a lift tower.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Camp, I was sitting around having lunch with some friends, and read your post to them about my new office.

They laughed their tails off. That was pretty darn funny.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Rj1972 wrote
Camp, I was sitting around having lunch with some friends, and read your post to them about my new office.

They laughed their tails off. That was pretty darn funny.

Your a good man RJ. We have our differences but in the end we both want GP to thrive forever
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Rj1972
Rj1972 wrote
On a different note, Greek Peak is definitely joining the freedom pass. In addition to the areas listed on the freedom website, holiday Valley, west mountain, and one additional ski area will be included. I was told what the third area was, but simply can’t recall.

Literature is currently being printed, and will be distributed shortly. In addition, an email blast will be forthcoming.
This is big news right here. Adds a lot of value
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
Great news with the freedom pass!  So when I purchase my GP season pass, I automatically have the freedom pass?  It’s not an add on that has to be purchased separately?
Ski the snow on the ground, not the date on the calendar. - Glenn Plake
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Joneski73 wrote
Great news with the freedom pass!  So when I purchase my GP season pass, I automatically have the freedom pass?  It’s not an add on that has to be purchased separately?
That’s how it worked this year
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Rj1972 wrote
Camp, I was sitting around having lunch with some friends, and read your post to them about my new office. They laughed their tails off. That was pretty darn funny.
Your a good man RJ. We have our differences but in the end we both want GP to thrive forever
Absolutely! My sentiments are the same.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Kudos to Greek for grooming this morning. In fact they groomed even after the hill opened. My first run was behind the groomer on Fields. Everything stayed soft the first couple hours until the temps dropped into the thirties. Things firmmed up considerably then. The rain held off, and it actually snowed a little late morning.

I purchased next year's pass, and it was confirmed that Greek is joining the Freedom Pass, so three days each, Plattekill, Bolton Valley, and Magic. Also, one weekday Holiday Valley, a couple days at West, and discounts at Mad River Glen, sweet.

Just don't expect to use the Freedom Pass for a Powder Daize at Platty. I was denied an unrestricted day there as it was deemed  a "special" day by Laszlo. He was right, it was special, but I should've been comped. I'm sure he wouldn't be happy if one of his season pass holders were  denied at a member mountain.
1 ... 1011121314151617