Greek Peak Conditions

1058 messages Options
1 ... 100101102103104105106
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

Greeks drive in movie theater opened yesterday. My understanding is it's a huge hit. Nice work GP 👍
radskier radskier
Reply |

In reply to this post by pro2860
Any announcement on mountain improvements?
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

The only improvements to speak of include the 50 snow guns they purchased from Killington. The installation of Windham‘s used chair to replace chair three will not be occurring this summer.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

How badly do they need that chair?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Dougski Dougski
Reply |

They need to replace Chair 3 badly.
scrundy scrundy
Reply |

Why do they need to replace badly?
I can see for lessons to a degree but don’t think it’s a bad thing it runs  slow for that reason. Isn’t it one of their most reliable lifts?
Why mess it up. Now if they ran chair 2 to the base it would relive traffic on 1a. But that drops you in kind of a bad place. I just think they could find better use for it, maybe open new terrain someplace.
Dougski Dougski
Reply |

As an instructor I know chair 3 intimately. It's got several problems. It's chairs are small so adult beginners find it harder to load.  Its a bit slow.. It breaks down too often, although it's been easily fixed. It's very noisy. It's brakes scream. Lines form on crowded evenings and weekends. But it's biggest problem is that its only got two speeds: dead stopped and full speed. We can't slow it down to make it easier to load beginners, small kids and disabled skiers without completely stopping the lift. This means it's constantly stopping which annoys and reduces time on the slope during lessons. I have had one hour evening school lessons where we've only done 2 runs because we spent so much time hanging on the lift. Its so bad that I have had beginner skiers tell me they are scared of the thing and want to stay on the carpet lifts.

So it's gotta go. Sooner rather than later. If you ask anyone who teaches they'd tell you the same.
Reply |

In reply to this post by Rj1972
Rj1972 wrote
The only improvements to speak of include the 50 snow guns they purchased from Killington.
Awesome. I'll take it. The more POW the better 👍
Rj1972 Rj1972
Reply |

campgottagopee wrote
Rj1972 wrote
The only improvements to speak of include the 50 snow guns they purchased from Killington.
Awesome. I'll take it. The more POW the better 👍
Absolutely! The more guns, the merrier.

I’m a little disappointed that the Windham chair is not going in, as it would definitely help beginners with social distancing, depending upon what requirements are placed upon ski areas next season. All of the permits are in place and the engineering study is done.
Reply |

Rj1972 wrote
I’m a little disappointed that the Windham chair is not going in, as it would definitely help beginners with social distancing, depending upon what requirements are placed upon ski areas next season. All of the permits are in place and the engineering study is done.
I understand the hesitation. We don't even know if we'll be able to ski or not, right?
1 ... 100101102103104105106