campgottagopee
Plenty of snow on snowmaking trails.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

radskier
In reply to this post by scrundy
Web cams and the lifts have a lot in common...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Why aren't you out using your Song/Lab pass today. It's nice and sunny out.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
campgottagopee wrote
Why aren't you out using your Song/Lab pass today. It's nice and sunny out.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
This post was updated on .
Back to conditions where you could actually ski today...

Still plenty of snow! Everything off the quad skied great. Chair 4 was good as well..
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Do Zeus and Hercules count as snow making trails?
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
radskier wrote
Do Zeus and Hercules count as snow making trails?
Yes, they both have snow making. Actually Zeus has the snow making, and they just drag the hoses through the woods to make snow on Hercules.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
What were your favorite trails at Greek that you snowboarded today?
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
In reply to this post by Rj1972
On a different note, does anyone know what the coverage is currently like on Upper Mars? I hit some rocks over the weekend (twice) about two-thirds of the way down, and was wondering if it’s still skiable, or if walking is now required?
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
In reply to this post by radskier
That’s weird, camplikestogetpeed on says there is plenty of snow on the snow making trails.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I don't blame you for being pissed, Badskier. If I had pass to a hill that was closed I would be too.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
I don’t get to ski Wednesday’s, I work 5 days a week. I pay a lot less for a pass.  I get a lot more vertical for more my $ elsewhere. I don’t deal with broken lifts, evacuations, and thin and bare spots everywhere.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
Back to conditions where you could actually ski today...

Still plenty of snow! Everything off the quad skied great. Chair 4 was good as well..
Looks pretty good to me
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
Looks like you took a picture of a monitor.  Great computer skills boomer.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
radskier wrote
Is that radskier or a cat thrown out of a window? Hang in there little buddy, looks like a rough ride.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
raisingarizona wrote
radskier wrote
Is that radskier or a cat thrown out of a window? Hang in there little buddy, looks like a rough ride.
Yeeeeeha!!!

That's proof of your earlier statement, Cody would never be in the backseat flailing around like she just got kicked out of the back of a pickup.

#ClownSchoolAintSkiSchool
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
We arrived around 2:00 today and skied for about three hours. We had a nice sunny afternoon. They did not groom last night, so the snow was filthy, but not sloppy. Coverage on the main mountain was descent, albeit some patches of water on the flats, and very little snow on the bottom of Karyatis where you transition between the East Meadows and West Meadows. Zeus, Hercules, and Marathon are done. Trojan skied well, and there seemed to be plenty of snow on Poseidon. Walking or a shuttle bus will be required as the result of a lack of snow on Upper Mars. We were told that Iliad has been closed for the past few days due to the Kandahar race tomorrow, but we think the race may have been cancelled. The lower Alcmene was closed, as they were repairing a downed light wire.

Hopefully they will groom tonight, and tomorrow will be better. Based on tomorrow’s conditions, we will either stay or head to Vermont. Regardless, it looks like this will be out last weekend at Greek Peak. We are also holding off on season pass purchases for now.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Greek, for the lack of a better word, was good. Nice frozen granular groomers. Softer at opening, firming up a bit as the morning wore on. It was kinda raw, temps around 30, blustery with gray skies. I ventured over to chair 4 and made a couple runs down Trojan. It skied great, almost no skier traffic before, or while, I skied it. Kudos again to Greek for opening chair 5 while requiring a shuttle bus to get there. Mars was good. A little firmer than Trojan, but fast, carveable, FG groomed. They groomed it just prior to opening the lift, around 10:30. The only bad thing about the morning was the flat light. The forecast for clearing skies was off. Should be better tomorrow if the forecast for sunny skies is correct. There may not be enough traffic for spring bumps to form, but with the intense March sun, it's possible.

Get it while you can. Heard there are ski and stay guests booked for next week. So they'll probably be open midweek. Next weekend is questionable, with, or without COVID-19.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
The plan is to be open Monday, close Tuesday due to the rain, and then make a decision on Tuesday what the balance of the week will look like.

We plan on staying through Monday, and then calling it quits at GP for the balance of the season.

We did not ski Mars today, but everything else skied fine. Maybe one of these years they’ll figure out how to make snow on Upper Mars in order to keep it open.
1 ... 47484950515253