1058 messages Options
1 ... 11121314151617 ... 53
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

JasonWx
campgottagopee wrote
Amazing to me how you like to bitch about the liftlines at GP. It's a holiday two weeks, it should be expected.
I follow major ski areas on IG. The liftlines shown on there make that line look like a fart in a wind storm. There were even pictures of empty chairs going up. OMG!!!! Can you believe it!!!!????
Killington lost power and stranded skiers for an hour. My God!!! Imagine the outrage.

For the record. There's no way I would wait in that line or anything like it. I'd move to another lift or just be done skiing.

Wishing you and radskier (big d) a better attitude this new year. All this whining is tiresome.
HAha
I'm so crowd adverse I have walked into a supper market, and seen 5 people on a check out line and walked out..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
JasonWx wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Amazing to me how you like to bitch about the liftlines at GP. It's a holiday two weeks, it should be expected.
I follow major ski areas on IG. The liftlines shown on there make that line look like a fart in a wind storm. There were even pictures of empty chairs going up. OMG!!!! Can you believe it!!!!????
Killington lost power and stranded skiers for an hour. My God!!! Imagine the outrage.

For the record. There's no way I would wait in that line or anything like it. I'd move to another lift or just be done skiing.

Wishing you and radskier (big d) a better attitude this new year. All this whining is tiresome.
HAha
I'm so crowd adverse I have walked into a supper market, and seen 5 people on a check out line and walked out..
I like people who post on ski blogs that don't even ski, now that makes sense.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JasonWx
Same here. Even crowded bars I'll walk out of. When we go to concerts we buck up and get seats with space. Ain't nobody got time to deal with that BS.
Reply | Threaded
|

MogulMaster
Banned User
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
It's not really a big line.  More disorganized than anything.  That's the difference.  All the big resorts with big lines have an organized line, with a singles line and when it's packed, they make sure to pack the chairs to maximize capacity.  At Greek it's just a big mess.

There is no singles line and no one organizing the line to maximize capacity during busy times.  Often people get up to the gate and aren't ready, are still waiting for someone to join their group or are unaware they need to be right up against the gate for it to open.  Due to this, empty chairs go by.  Other ski areas that have gates, open for each chair so someone not right up to it can still pass through, avoiding empty chairs.  Some stand there letting 2 or 3 chairs go by unaware why.  When its busy at every other resort, chairs are for the most part going up filled to capacity.

It's not whining but, constructive criticism.   Hoping someone will see this problem and make a simple fix.  Train an employee to stand there and pack the chairs and get them up to the gate during busy times.  If the double is running, I would ride that 100% of the time.  It's much faster when it doesn't stop repeatedly or you are not waiting for empty chairs to go by.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Cornhead
WTF are you talking about? Didn't know that was a requirement, you're making no sense. Must be waiting in all these long lines and starring at empty chairs going up the hill have gone to your head.

Not sure why you're so concerned about my skiing. That's just weird. Don't worry about me bud. I'm fine. When we get the conditions I want to ski in I'll be out there. Don't worry, you won't see me
We A18'rs are stealth
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MogulMaster
Agree with everything you said mogulmaster. You've given constructive criticism. These other guys are whinny little babies.

Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
campgottagopee wrote
Agree with everything you said mogulmaster. You've given constructive criticism. These other guys are whinny little babies.
BS Camp.

It's not that people are being whiny about something at Greek that's new. The lift line issue at the Quad has been there for a long time. This isn't the first time commends like Mogulmasters have been provided.

The solutions seem pretty easy to implement, and in fact ARE implemented at many other ski areas. The Quad, love it or hate it, is a big feature of Greek's infrastructure. Running it correctly should be a priority but it's not.

Yes they've done a lot right this year, and got a little bit of luck. I think people have given them credit for that.

Managing a lift line seems like Ski Area 101 stuff. It's pretty incomprehensible why GP refuses to do it right.

Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
MogulMaster wrote
It's not whining but, constructive criticism.   Hoping someone will see this problem and make a simple fix.  Train an employee to stand there and pack the chairs and get them up to the gate during busy times.
They won't fix it MM. I've given the same comments in the past that you did, as have others. GP management clearly KNOWS how to fix the problem.

BUT - here's the secret - it costs money to put an employee at the lift line to herd the cats. And they won't do it for that reason. That won't happen until there's new ownership.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
campgottagopee wrote
Killington lost power and stranded skiers for an hour.
We saw and heard some of the aftermath of the power outage. A tree fell and knocked out a power line which impacted the lifts. Most lifts were back up and running, but they had problems with the Skyeship. It took them over an hour to get it operational.

Fortunately, for once we slept in, and missed most of it. By the time we started skiing, things were just about back to normal.

In terms of the photo posted by radskier, chair 1 should have been started. There’s no reason to have a lift line of any sorts when you have a perfectly good lift that could eliminate the line. It’s Christmas week, with out of towners, so they really should put their best foot forward in order to entice them to return.
Reply | Threaded
|

MogulMaster
Banned User
In reply to this post by billyymc
They already have 2 or 3 people at the base of the lift doing nothing.  One standing outside doing nothing, not even telling people to move up to the gate.  I guess you get what you pay for.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Rj1972
Rj1972 wrote
<

In terms of the photo posted by radskier, chair 1 should have been started. There’s no reason to have a lift line of any sorts when you have a perfectly good lift that could eliminate the line. It’s Christmas week, with out of towners, so they really should put their best foot forward in order to entice them to return.
Exactly. I don't know this to be fact but I think they're having problems finding people who want to work. Seems as though nowadays not working is very comfortable for some.

Just as much as the patrons should expect to wait in line, GP should be prepared to handle them. My gut tells me they want to be but I think they're  spread way to thin.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MogulMaster wrote
   If the double is running, I would ride that 100% of the time.  It's much faster when it doesn't stop repeatedly or you are not waiting for empty chairs to go by.
Same here. I avoid that quad at all costs, just like I did with the old 1A.

Truth be told chair 1 area is my least favorite to ski. Chair 4 is my jam. With Elactra, Zues, Herc, Trojan Woods and Trojan that's what I like to ski. Hopefully we get the POW to open them up.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Oh yeah, another wonderful thing yesterday, the groomer clipped the berm on the side of the unloading ramp and dragged rocks across the whole ramp. Why wouldn't someone rake them off. Didn't even do it when asked. Sorry to be so negative. Greek Peak is for people who like skiing over jagged rocks while getting off the chair. If you don't like skiing over jagged rocks when you get off the chair, perhaps you should ski anywhere else.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LMFAO!!!!! What a drama queen. Jagged rocks??? LOL
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
Kumbaya my Lord, kumbaya...homer, non skiing homer.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You're right about one thing. I'm a complete Homer and proud of it. Hopefully all the jagged rocks didn't ruin your day.

I'm still laughing at jagged rocks......bwhahahaaaaaaaa!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
campgottagopee wrote
Rj1972 wrote
<

Exactly. I don't know this to be fact but I think they're having problems finding people who want to work. Seems as though nowadays not working is very comfortable for some.

Just as much as the patrons should expect to wait in line, GP should be prepared to handle them. My gut tells me they want to be but I think they're  spread way to thin.
Camp - the complaint isn't really about waiting in line so much as that 1) the line shouldn't exist in the first place if the lift was well run, and 2) if you do have to wait in line it's nice to not have to fight with the other patrons for your turn because nobody is managing the line and people don't seem to understand the concept of who's turn it is next when there is more than two lines funneling into one loading ramp.

Both of these are pretty shitty, and easily modified by paying someone to manage the line. The need is pretty limited to certain times and certain days, so just pull someone from somewhere else if you can't pay enough to hire someone to do it.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
billyymc wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Rj1972 wrote
<

Camp - the complaint isn't really about waiting in line so much as that 1) the line shouldn't exist in the first place if the lift was well run, and 2) if you do have to wait in line it's nice to not have to fight with the other patrons for your turn because nobody is managing the line and people don't seem to understand the concept of who's turn it is next when there is more than two lines funneling into one loading ramp.

Both of these are pretty shitty, and easily modified by paying someone to manage the line. The need is pretty limited to certain times and certain days, so just pull someone from somewhere else if you can't pay enough to hire someone to do it.
I'm in complete agreement, said so in the comments you quoted. Like you I don't know why they can't handle it due to the limited number of days it's warranted.

The others were just complaining, plain and simple. They offered no solution, nothing constructive whatsoever. Just little bitches bitching

When I worked there as a lifite we always had 3 at the bottom. We would rotate from being inside running the chair, loading the chair, and running the line. Not sure exactly when or why they went away from that.
Reply | Threaded
|

radskier
Really Corn??  There’s never really any rocks worth mentioning at gp. You need to embrace them, they are part of what makes gp so special. Think of it as another opportunity to meet and mingle with friends in the repair shop.
1 ... 11121314151617 ... 53