classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
84 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I Take It All Back

Snowballs
Banned User
Hey Liftopedia, what's the advantages of top driven vs bottom driven if you please ?

Naturally, a bottom driven lift should be easier to get diesel to, but there must be other considerations.
Reply | Threaded
|

Efilnikufesin
Would probably get a lot less sway and rocking of the lift with deceleration/acceleration on the way up with a top driven lift.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Snowballs wrote
Hey Liftopedia, what's the advantages of top driven vs bottom driven if you please ?

Naturally, a bottom driven lift should be easier to get diesel to, but there must be other considerations.
Posted in new thread.

http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Top-vs-Bottom-Drive-Lifts-td4055206.html
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
After starting this a couple days ago http://forum.nyskiblog.com/I-m-Not-Happy-version-2-0-td4070084.html, I read on Hunter's snow report that they are finally making snow on Annapurna.  That totally made my day.  I'll be headed up on Sunday and it may well be open by then.  I haven't skied that trail in 5 years and I'll get to this weekend.  Even if it's ungroomed, I'm still going to take multiple laps and try to improve my skills on ungroomed terrain.  Hopefully they keep it in good condition all year and I can ski it many times.  My dad also told me that we're taking an extra ski weekend to any ec mountain I choose, so I can get away from NJ skiing even more.  Even the skiing in NJ should be improving soon.  I was at Mountain Creek tonight and they were making tons of snow and look to be ready to open more terrain very soon.  I'll be there bright and early tomorrow morning to take advantage of any natural snow that we get.
I've lived in New York my entire life.