253 messages Options
1 ... 910111213
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: N Vermont vs Tug Hill contest

ml242
tBatt wrote
I dunno, I stayed inside and slept all day.

Hope the sun comes out and melts the snow off of your car, scraping a windshield is the worst.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Sun is out in full force, so all the good snow will have a nice sun crust by the time I'm healthy enough to ski it. I hide my car in covered parking when it snows, so I don't have to worry about digging it out too much.

This is all in the Catskills, BTW. Figured I'd make this competition a three way.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
where does it snow the most in the east coast, you know like more than Colorado?  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
No where in the world does it snow more than ColoRADo.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Meanwhile, despite being stuck in major high pressure over the last week, nvt continues to get a little bit of magic snow each night. Jay's past 7 days is 22". 10-15" at Stowe. 10" at Smuggs. Must be making the surface pretty soft, at least before the hordes get there tomorrow.

Wish I was up anywhere, my free day is Sunday and things look pretty up in the air weather-wise.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
ml242 wrote
Jay's past 7 days is 22". 10-15" at Stowe. 10" at Smuggs.
I'm down here for the duration, pics welcome.

I want to see shots from Mansfield.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by tBatt
T ... I stopped reading this thread, but if you're going to be funny I'll have to follow.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
"Lake-effect snow should not be as significant as it was earlier in the winter despite the frigid air moving over the lakes. This is due to lower water temperatures when compared to earlier in the season."

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/arctic-air-to-settle-over-nort/40807962

This is the point we talked about where NVT takes over as the leader in snowfall for the rest of the season.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242

Snow Ridge is a 10 minutes away from Redfield, so on the far right between redfield and boonville.

Jay Peak is at 294" and looked like this today:

carry on.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
T ... I stopped reading this thread, but if you're going to be funny I'll have to follow.
What funny ?

Wait, PA's gone ?

Sucka probably wore out his keyboard....... HA!

That's funny.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
ML, your post better not bring him back.

That wouldn't be funny.
Reply | Threaded
|

greif
Copenhagen NY is reported to have "more than 21 feet" (252" +) so far this season.
http://www.weather.gov/buf/wintersummary1415   says 249.9" for Copenhagen.
 Not up to Jay Peaks last report (294).

But does Vt. get a big March storm like NY always does?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Ummm......everybody knows that NVT resorts over report their snow totals, and can't be trusted.  It doesn't matted if that's what Jay Peak looked like yesterday because it's not where anybody can ski it, because we all know VT doesn't have POW on wide open trails.  Look at how close he is to hitting those trees!  There should be an orange fence there.......
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Here's a trail set aside for the safe assassination of powder.  Only thing is that the mountain it's at gets just 50 inches of snow per year or less.  

I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Syracuse.com seems to agree with PowderAssassin:

http://www.syracuse.com/weather/index.ssf/2015/10/this_cool_maps_shows_snows_bulls-eye_in_upstate_new_york.html

"In the Northeast, the only place that gets more snow than Tug Hill is the summit of Mt. Washington, N.H., with 281 inches of snow. Mt. Washington is 6,289 feet above sea level; the Tug Hill plateau tops out at 2,100 feet."
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I'm still not sure I believe that Powassasin was real and not a troll. His posts were so over the top ridiculous and I don't think I have ever met anyone with similar opinions....ever.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Actually I'm not sure that Pow gave MTW the credit for getting more snow than the Tug.

I was being a bit facetious as I think the syracuse.com article is just looking at the map and not fully accounting for small microclimates like the top of Mansfield or the spine in general. That was Pow's approach too I think.

As far as Pow's trolldom, put it this way... if he was a troll, he was unlike our other trolls... he never created an alias.  He is also not banned or limited at this time.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Most be getting slow in the "hit" department, digging up PowAss and Glade. You want Coach, Matt and I to start a knock down drag out to help the hits?
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Haha you're on to me. With state school off the table for my daughter we're going to need something more than your "I'm better than you" routine to drive revenue.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Harvey wrote
Haha you're on to me. With state school off the table for my daughter we're going to need something more than your "I'm better than you" routine to drive revenue.
Hahaha - if it weren't for my pleasant personality and all knowing demeanor all you would be stuck with is a left/right fox news vs MSNBC debate. You know you love it.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
1 ... 910111213