148 messages Options
1234 ... 8
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Snowboarders.

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
Hey all you snowboarders..If it's hard pack or a bit icy stay the fuck off the mountain..

I was hit from BEHIND by a boarder on a totally empty slope at Hunter on Saturday..It blew me out of my skis and unbuckled my boots..My ribs are killing me this morning..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Snowboarders.

Sick Bird Rider
Glad you are OK but don't you think you should change your post title to include skiers, telemarkers and snowbladers?

Anyone can take out anybody if they are out of control. I was hit from behind on an empty slope out in a similar fashion by a skier a few years ago, and a snowblader started the chain of events that led to the destruction of my ACL.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Did he say he was sorry? Seriously. I have had a few encounters when I have been standing over some dork splayed on the hill, and, my standard phrase at that point is, "Two words. I just want two words". Believe it or not, I didn't hear those two words, twice. Amazing. I mean, do these kids have mothers? You know, we all make mistakes and screw up, every now and then (Benny less than most, of course), but, a little apology goes a long way.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
She did apologize and her friends collected my yard sale..

she was shaken too, she asked what she should do. I told to get off the board and put on skis..

Of course I could have been taken out by a skier too, but i have a disdain for boarders .
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
 Hunter on Saturday

What can I say.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Oh man bad karma.  I'm at Hunter with X today and I just clocked a snowboarder kid and her mom.

Patrol clipped my ticket.  Guess I'm heading home.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Harvey44 wrote
Oh man bad karma.  I'm at Hunter with X today and I just clocked a snowboarder kid and her mom.

Oooops.

Darn telemarkers.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I hope your being sarcastic  Harv,

Benny , Hunter rocked yesterday..Conditions were great etc..This could have happened anywhere..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
JasonWx wrote
Benny , Hunter rocked yesterday..Conditions were great etc..This could have happened anywhere..
I don't know. Killington, certainly. But, the last time I was at Hunter, I was in three collisions. Seriosuly. Saturday, of course.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
JasonWx wrote

she was shaken too, she asked what she should do. I told to get off the board and put on skis..

Of course I could have been taken out by a skier too, but i have a disdain for boarders .
Wait a minute: you were hit by a woman, who was upset by the incident, apologized, whose friends helped get your stuff together and all you can do is make a smart-assed remark to her and then bitch about it on-line? Have a little charity.
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Wait a minute: you were hit by a woman, who was upset by the incident, apologized, whose friends helped get your stuff together and all you can do is make a smart-assed remark to her and then bitch about it on-line? Have a little charity.
Couldn't have said it better. I've been taking out twice, once by a snowboarder and once by a skier. Out of control is out of control no matter what type of gear.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Teenage girl , with a group of boys..she was apologetic , the boys weren't..

if the slope was crowded i wouldn't have been bitch'n, there wasn't a f'n person with hundred yards of us..
I get that accidents happen...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
Maybe Jason you should up your speed on an open slope and then at the bottom get out of arms way. I'v been taken out a few times by both skiers and boarders , most cases when I slowed up for others . Never have I reacted like this guy.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx

i was totally blindside from behind..

i never yelled or cursed at the kids, just venting on the board..
guess i'm the bad guy
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote

Sorry bad joke.  X was pushing me to say I hit a pregnant snowboarder.

I've been really clocked twice. Once by a snowboarder, and most recently guy on teles.  The recent collision was really disturbing.  The skier was an on duty patroller. By the time he pulled up he was 20 or 30 yards downfield.  He never actually checked me out to see if was ok.  I was really stunned.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
Harvey44 wrote
I've been really clocked twice. Once by a snowboarder, and most recently guy on teles.  The recent collision was really disturbing.  The skier was an on duty patroller. By the time he pulled up he was 20 or 30 yards downfield.  He never actually checked me out to see if was ok.  I was really stunned.
I sure hope it wasn't at Gore.

I have been mowed down several times, never by a boarder.
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
a few years ago at gore i was clocked from behind on an empty slope just entering the arena area by a skier. he probably had 100 feet or more on either side of me to ski around. i hurt my pelvis and groin and couldn't run or ski for 2-3 weeks. today at gore, saw a young woman, a teenager, flying down showcase out of control yelling OMG,OMG. she finally skidded to a stop at the snow fence at the top of the race course. She had numerous near misses at high speed with other skiers and lift poles. hate to say it but skiing at killington or hunter on a weekend is an accident waiting to happen. too many knuckleheads and not enough space.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx

People, my rant was against Boarders! Not the kid. I have teenagers and I know accidents happen.

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

poindexter
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
Was that on Sunway?  CMR and I saw that. We couldn't believe that guy didn't stop.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
JasonWx wrote

+1
Just ski MRG and all your problems will be solved.
1234 ... 8