148 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snowboarders.

dmc_hunter
DackerDan wrote
Can't we all just get along
Yes - why can't we all get along... thats the point...

These anti-snowboard people will never get along with us...
Their choice..

I'm willing to accept most anybody...

Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Now that Rodney King has been thrown down, why do all snowboard related threads serve as ridiculous allegories for socio-political issues?

All the snowboard ban at MRG threads(on various un-named boards) involve some invocation and rejection of civil rights violations on the part of the shareholders and/or Betsy Pratt.

Jason in this thread has seemingly taken the ultra left position in the gun control debate.  He does not blame the human who made the mistake, we are all human and have been teenagers before.  He forgives them.  The problem he sees is with the board itself.  It is the problem.  It must be removed.

Then later he is the conflicted father of the gay high school football player.  Proud that daughter is a ski racer during the week, ashamed that she snowboards (oh, the horror!) on the weekend.  Won't be seen with her while she boards.

Just some sh*t to chew on while waiting for snow
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
witch hobble wrote
Now that Rodney King has been thrown down, why do all snowboard related threads serve as ridiculous allegories for socio-political issues?

Why??

Because it started with this little gem..
"Hey all you snowboarders..If it's hard pack or a bit icy stay the fuck off the mountain.. "

that's pretty f'd up right there...
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
I agree.  And I would have turned the other cheek and chalked it up to him having a visceral reaction to his situation, but he kept doubling down.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
witch hobble wrote
I agree.  And I would have turned the other cheek and chalked it up to him having a visceral reaction to his situation, but he kept doubling down.
yeah...  I can't stand by and read that BS...  I've been defending snowboarding since 1988...
Fought long and hard to get snowboarding respected...  
Fought long and hard for access to ski areas and trails..
Fought long and hard to change the perception of bigots towards it..

I don't want to fight..  But I'm not going to sit by and let this dude diss an important part of my and my friends lives
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
dmc_hunter wrote
I've been defending snowboarding since 1988...
the name calling serves as a great ambassador
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
skimore wrote
dmc_hunter wrote
I've been defending snowboarding since 1988...
the name calling serves as a great ambassador
Whatever....  

There's lot's of people that think I'm an awesome ambassador to the sport..

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
ok i'm back in..

DMC i really should have added teenage to my opening statements..and of course that goes for teenage skiers too.

now don't take this the wrong way..i am friends with a long time patrol at Hunter (my favorite Cats Mtn BTW). He said teenage boarders are responsible for the majority of his wrecks..

Mature boarders who know their limits are not the problem.

I have to admit that some of my spewing was a bit of knee jerk reaction to having my 50yr old butt slammed..

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
I'm 48 and I've seen it all.  I mostly ski, but snowboard about 30% of the time (powder days mostly and I'm an optimist:)) and maybe about 10 years ago there was more of an issue with snowboarders.  Since the advent of skiing being cool again with twin tips etc. there seems to be a roughly equal number of testosterone fueled idiots out there.  I have never felt that my or my family has ever been threatened by a female skier of boarder ever!  So I guess if you want to feel safe, just ban guys between age 10 and 40?
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
ok i'm back in..

DMC i really should have added teenage to my opening statements..and of course that goes for teenage skiers too.

now don't take this the wrong way..i am friends with a long time patrol at Hunter (my favorite Cats Mtn BTW). He said teenage boarders are responsible for the majority of his wrecks..

Mature boarders who know their limits are not the problem.

I have to admit that some of my spewing was a bit of knee jerk reaction to having my 50yr old butt slammed..
I'll ask all my friends on ski patrol and see if that's valid..   I'm friends with a ton of those crazy f's....  :)

I know that a lot of teenagers get hurt in the park and learning at Hunter One..    
And i really don't see many collisions... And I don't really think either one or the other group is more responsible...

i just don't understand how people say they are hit all the time and I've only been involved in one or two collisions in my whole time skiing and riding at Hunter..   What am I doing wrong?  :)

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
i have been skiing at hunter for 36yrs..this is my first collision..

There is one older boarder that i see all the time that rips..he wears ski boots and his bindings are mounted parallel to the board , inline..he also wears a racing helmet..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
Sounds like a mono-ski, not a snow board.  
Then there is a tele-board which is a free heel snow board, now those are real cool.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
DackerDan wrote
Sounds like a mono-ski, not a snow board.  
Then there is a tele-board which is a free heel snow board, now those are real cool.
It's a carving deck...  

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
it's a snowboard, the flies and with deep sweeping carves..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Is the monoski red? Sounds like Larry from the OC Ski Club.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
JasonWx wrote
To my dieing day i will never give up my rant against boarders..
May your all powerful God, or possibly the hamster running in the Great Wheel of Fortuna, cast just such a stubborn, anachronistic, judgemental aspersion on you and your people.
Funny shit right there
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
Hey all you snowboarders..If it's hard pack or a bit icy stay the fuck off the mountain..

Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
well ive been taken out by a little ski racer kid,so ski kids have too go,been run over by an old guy so old people have too go,knocked over by an ugly chick,so they definatly have to b taken of the mt,got ran of the trail by an entire family,ther out for sure,and once this guy from the city stole my line so city bangers gotta go,and one time this guy with a stupid hat pissed me of,so no more of that kind ,guess the only ones left r me and my buds and hot chicks,just the way its spose too b.btw snowboarders r ok with me too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
My 2-cents. Skiers and boarders should always ski at moderate speeds and in control - why? Remember about 2 years ago, a news story about a xxxxxxxx (person on either a ski or board) was bombing at breakneck speeds, came over a knoll and slammed hard into a 4 year old girl and her mother. The little girl was killed instantly and the mother was in intensive care. It's one thing to slam into adults but it is a crime against humanity to mow over little kids.
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Jason, you sound OLD.

But seriously, I hate snowboarders too.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.