148 messages Options
1 ... 45678
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snowboarders.

dmc_hunter
gorgonzola wrote
I don't hate snowboarders I just hate BAD snowboarders! The ones that snake a line on a powder day and then side slip all the snow off the head wall cuz they can't frickin turn. Oh and the ones that can't toe side turn and suddenly go switch ACROSS the fall line on their blind side right in front of you. The rest (and ones I ride with) are cool tho  
we hate when you pull shti too...

Even when I'm on skis I hate when you pull shit...

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
dmc_hunter wrote

haha my favorite shit to pull is to spray some snow in the kids ass cracks when theyre sitting in congested trail mergers
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
gorgonzola wrote
dmc_hunter wrote

haha my favorite shit to pull is to spray some snow in the kids ass cracks when theyre sitting in congested trail mergers
really nice...  
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
Tell us more about how awesome you are. On an internet message board.   I find it terribly interesting.
dmc_hunter wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
dmc_hunter wrote
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
How did the snowboarders in this thread manage to scrape together enough $ (probably selling drugs or stealing) to pay someone to type their opinions? We all know that snowboarders can't read or write. FACT.

Excuse me..
Let me take a moment from my day - assisting Media and Entertainment companies with their database designs for web analytics..

Ok... say what now??

I don't do what?
hy·per·bo·le  
/hīˈpərbəlē/
Noun
Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
Synonyms
exaggeration - hyperbola - overstatement
Well - I can tell you I was not kidding and there's nothing from your original statement to make me believe you were kidding..   So I' going to go with - my job kicks ass and I make great money and I snowboard...

So big fukcing deal....  Get a life...
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Tell us more about how awesome you are. On an internet message board.   I find it terribly interesting
When you stop generalizing about the socio-economic status of snowboarders I will stop ...  

Which I don't find interesting at all..  In fact I could happily have lived my entire life without your insults..
So either back down and end you tirades or STFU...
Reply | Threaded
|

ashley.
Hi. Glad to join on page 13, only read til about page 6, and just wanted to say...

I've been snowboarding for 15 years.

I love skiers, snowboarders, snowboarders sans bindings, skiers without heels, skiers on tiny skis, sledders, tubers, and anyone who enjoys sliding on the snow safely. Equipment doesn't matter. Attitude, appreciation, and love are what matters.

OP is a bit ignorant, and should probably join us in this century here :)

MUCH LOVE MY SNOW FRIENDS
Reply | Threaded
|

ashley.
Oh my, I forgot to mention snowboarders with ski boots. I love them the most! Mixing both sports, those sly creatures...
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
In reply to this post by ashley.
ashley. wrote
MUCH LOVE MY SNOW FRIENDS
Right back at ya!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by dmc_hunter
to quote sergeant Hulka "lighten up Francis"
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
freeheeln wrote
to quote sergeant Hulka "lighten up Francis"
When people stop dissing snowboarders with sweeping lame ass generalizations...
And also stop coming and inserting  lame little comments..

I will lighten up..

You should ask the OP to lighten up...  This thread would've never happened if not for his lame generalizations...
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I can't believe I read the whole thing:

https://deadspin.com/the-last-holdouts-where-the-war-between-skiers-and-snow-1835405082

Learned some interesting things about Mad though.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I just took a look at that article. At several points I got bored and skipped ahead, don’t feel like I learned anything new and there were several prominent typos.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator

Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I can't believe I read the whole thing:

https://deadspin.com/the-last-holdouts-where-the-war-between-skiers-and-snow-1835405082

Learned some interesting things about Mad though.
I didn't really make it in terms of reading the whole article yet.  Lost interest when it became obvious that the dude has never been to Snowbird.

"Alta has never allowed snowboarding, though its sister-mountain Snowbird—connected by a short tunnel you could walk (or ski, or snowboard) through—does."

The Peruvian Tunnel has nothing to do with going between Alta and Snowbird without driving on the canyon road.  Never heard anyone who skis Utah regularly call Alta and Snowbird "sister" mountains.

I've skied at MRG (1 day), Alta (a lot), and recently had a chance to check out Deer Valley.  Have also skied bumps at Taos.  Even though Taos now allows boarders, there are relatively few good enough to spend much time on black bump runs.  The bumps on the steeper black terrain are essentially created by skiers, not a combination of skiers and boarders.  No question in my mind that the shape of the bumps is different than on slopes where a large percentage of the sliders are on boards.  That's very obvious at Massanutten on MakAttack, which is very short but rarely groomed.  like the other ski areas in the southeast, the percentage of boarders is pretty high.  Probably not over 50% overall, but there are times when there are quite a few groups of boarders on all the trails.

For me, not having any boarders at Alta is a bonus.  There is a noticeably different vibe at Snowbird, but there are assorted reasons beyond the fact that boarders are there.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Snowboarding was the best thing that ever happened for skiing.

Skiing was dying and desperately needed a swift kick in the ass in the 80’s and early 90’s.

I remember watching the early TB movies in 95/96 and getting inspired by the big high speed lines and straight lining the boarders were doing at that time. The following years were when fatter skis started to gain popularity and it was so exciting and fun discovering the new possibilities with wider skis. In Jackson I almost always skied with boarders and loved to watch and learn from their styles and perspectives.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Skiing on crowded runs just sucks and is dangerous af.

The last time I skied at Mount Snow was probably 1990 or so and I was hit by a skier from behind on Exhibition (I think that’s what it’s called), I hit the ground and slid into someone else who fell on top of me breaking my nose. A ski patroller was right there and yelled at me for skiing out of control. I was too stunned to defend myself and didn’t say anything. That sucked. Big time.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
1987 one of my housemates was a boarder --- he made liftline his bitch, the dude was bangin

Jake Burton threw some amazing parties as well
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Like any group of people, making generalized statements about them is a mistake.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Truth^^^^^!!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
One thing that young, urban weekend warrior snowboarders often do that I have a hard time wrapping my head around is when they sit on ski runs with their buds blocking a good chunk of the trail while having their backs turned from uphill traffic. Holy lack of scene safety awareness!

That’s just kids though, they’re goofy like that.
1 ... 45678