classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
148 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Snowboarders.

JasonWx
I'm 50

I shouldn't have used Hate..to strong of a word..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by outlaw 1
so tele skiers are ok
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
freeheeln wrote
so tele skiers are ok
 Tele skiers are like bent riders, they are evil, have long beards and smoke pot. They should be arrested or possibly blown of the mountain by stealth drone attacks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
As soon as I get to my keyboard you are banned doctor Dan lost hahaha
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

outlaw 1
In reply to this post by freeheeln
fh u know your our token tele guy,well until tina passes the test anyways.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Hey you KNOW I've been discriminated against as a teleskier. It ain't right man, it just ain't right.

Ok so Jason got taken out, bad, and he was pissed.  He said some things.  We had the obligatory Rodney King, Stereotypes, Anti-stereotypes. Some meanness. And some bonding I think.  Some uncalled for condescension.... BENNY. Some really funny chit.  Lots of fucking swearing.

Jason will heal. Snowboards and teleskiers (me) will continue to crash. Kids, especially boys, will be reckless.

That awesome first post by KC taught me something.  IMO it's great insight that many skiers aren't able to fully imagine the movements of snowboarders.  Like the switching from heel to toe and back.  Snowboarders also have to KNOW that we aren't imagining those moves. Snowboarders have blind side and all on the hill have to be conscious of the effects.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
I'm a very forgiving person when it comes to this kind of crap...

I'm good...  :)

Well... the possibility of a 18" storm pretty much makes me happy and forget most anything...
Until it doesn't happen... then I'm coming after y'all!!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
This post was updated on .

We need to ban downhill winter sports.
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Those videos serve no purpose expect to perpetuate stereo-types...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
dmc_hunter wrote
Those videos serve no purpose expect to perpetuate stereo-types...
WORD---we need less angry people--it's gonna friggin snow---high on life baby
Reply | Threaded
|

skunkape
Its cool, we hate skiers too. All that talk about the bumps the bumps the bumps. God almighty enough about the bumps. May the rivalry never die! Just stick out your ass like you always do and go down the freaking hill.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
While this ^^^ would be, IMO, the perfect way to end this thread, I feel compelled to add this:

A
Reply | Threaded
|

A
In reply to this post by JasonWx
Our incredibly bigoted and elitist skier friend (JasonWx) posts:

"Hey all you snowboarders..If it's hard pack or a bit icy stay the fuck off the mountain..

I was hit from BEHIND by a boarder on a totally empty slope at Hunter on Saturday..It blew me out of my skis and unbuckled my boots..My ribs are killing me this morning.."

A few points:
1) Of course you were hit from BEHIND. When was the last time that you were hit from the FRONT by someone on the mountain!? Usually, that would be a case of you hitting them, or at least failing to get out of the way.
2) It doesn't have to turn into an "I hate snowboarders" thing. Too easy, and WAY too devisive in this day and age. We are all out there trying to have a good time, no matter what we ride. I've seen plenty of out of control people on the mountain with all sorts of shit strapped to their feet.
3)After the whole story comes out, we find out that this SNOWBOARDER was a young woman, who was upset and apologetic, and you acted like a douche bag.
4)I think you should stay the fuck off the mountain, regardless of conditions. It's a lot more fun without guys like you out there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
^^ Not worth quoting.

Good day, A, and welcome to the the forums. In the future, please try to read through an entire thread thread before posting an inflammatory response. You may find that all your points have been previously addressed, hashed out a couple of times and for the most part, we've all had a big group hug and moved on. Really, there is no need to rub salt in a wound that was just starting to heal. Not to mention the fact that you blew Harv's punch line. Very bad form.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Yes apparently his opinion should not be counted. :(

Here's a tip... Want your thread to end cleanly  - lock it...

Otherwise - it's all fair game...
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
dmc_hunter wrote
Yes apparently his opinion should not be counted. :(

Here's a tip... Want your thread to end cleanly  - lock it...

Otherwise - it's all fair game...
It is all fair game, you are absolutely correct.

Have you ever watched a dog bite its tail and run around in a crazed circle? It's pretty entertaining at first but at some point you just want it to stop.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Have you ever watched a dog bite its tail and run around in a crazed circle? It's pretty entertaining at first but at some point you just want it to stop.
Until a new dog comes along and starts chasing the others dog tail...
Then it's entertaining again for a while...

People just want to have their opinions to be aired...  
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
A troll is always good for a few more posts and getting everyone's dander up.

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
^^ Not worth quoting.

Good day, A, and welcome to the the forums. In the future, please try to read through an entire thread thread before posting an inflammatory response. You may find that all your points have been previously addressed, hashed out a couple of times and for the most part, we've all had a big group hug and moved on. Really, there is no need to rub salt in a wound that was just starting to heal. Not to mention the fact that you blew Harv's punch line. Very bad form.
exactly..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
JasonWx wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
^^ Not worth quoting.

exactly..
No... not at all - exactly would've been YOU not starting with all the snowboard hate without all the details you chose not to include...

It is you that are responsible for this..   Not a guy that didn't read your rewriting of your tirade and wanted to chime in...