classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
460 messages Options
1 ... 6789101112 ... 23
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sweet Car Thread.

campgottagopee
Sedan sales are dead, as in deadsville. CUV's, SUV's and Trucks are driving the market and have been for the past 2 years. MPG won't matter due to the fact CUV's and SUV's can get the same or better MPG.

Cadillac is hemorrhaging money as is Buick.

Meanwhile Subaru sales continue to grow.

Any of you rich guys should look into the 2020 GT500 ---- could be a keeper

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/the-2020-ford-shelby-gt500-mustang-just-might-get-a-six-speed-manual-after-all-ar180944.html

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
SUVs, CUVs, & OMG TRUCKS!! Are driving the market, these are the Trump demographic vehicles.

One can appreciate that, but the public must not be buying into the Global warming narrative, who needs 4wd when it’s summer for 12 months?

Personally I’ve been looking at a lot of high end vehickies but I think I’m coming back to Subi.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
The all new Ascent will be out in July-ish

https://www.subaru.com/ascent?GOOGLE700000001067987Ascent+TP_Core71700000028917428Ascent58700003635067914Subaru+Ascentp2842938396043700028429383960&s_kwcid=subaru%20ascent&s_kwid=keyword&s_kwcid=Subaru+Ascent&ds_kids=p28429383960&ds_kid=43700028429383960&utm_source=paid-search&utm_medium=google_cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhIuI_bna2gIVwkGGCh32ogqSEAAYASAAEgJnCvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

PeeTex wrote

Personally I’ve been looking at a lot of high end vehickies but I think I’m coming back to Subi.

The demographics of a Subie buyer is they can afford to buy whatever car they want to but go with Subie because they can't justify the added $$$$ for just a name.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I have tons of respect for Ford as they didn't need a hand out from the government to stay in business when the shit hit the fan. If I were to buy an "American" made car, whatever the hell that means, no doubt it would be a Ford for that reason alone.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I always thought Jags were so unique and stylish. That's the first Jag I've ever seen that looks like a lot of others cars. Nice surely but not extra special.

The Rolls is ROFLMAO funny looking IMO.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
HAHA --- I thought the same thing about the Rolls
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
The way to buy a Rolls is to get a used one. They are typically very well maintained and garaged kept. That and the depreciation is crazy in just a few years. Something like 66%.
Not that I'm in the market one.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
They're both a little odd looking to me. I guess I'm not the target audience though
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
The Rolls grill looks like a cross between a Chicago Bears fan/ Mike Ditka mustache and a big iron (chrome) gate at a mansion that none of is can get into. Snooty snoot snoot.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Buddy of mine is in Germany for the week for work --- his whip is a 2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio --- 510hp and runs 190mph

He's a gear head, motor head, BMW guy ---- he's wrenched on race cars and wrenches on his own cars after they're out of warranty. He knows cars.

He said this thing is "hands down" the best car he's ever driven!

Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
What's it cost to rent and buy something like that?
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I have no idea. This car actually belongs to his boss who has let him have it for the week. Apparently it's not his only car
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
Reply | Threaded
|

Junior
In reply to this post by ml242
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
That thing is cool ^^^^

If anyone ever wants to drive their local parts store guy nuts call him up and ask for rotors for your 1983 Vette

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/the-importance-of-the-worlds-only-1983-corvette/ar-AAzCNNk?li=BBnb7Kz
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Wow. Tri Power ain't what it used to be. I'll be curious how Chev truck guys like this new motor.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20180731/OEM01/180739900
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I hate start and stop technology..One of the most annoying thing the automakers have ever come up with.

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
What cars have you driven Jason? I think it's excellent in our Prius. At the time we bought it we also test drove a Honda Insight (?) and it was bad. It's especially great when you get into traffic and move slowly on electric only.  You see a lot of Prius cabs in NYC, I always wondered if that measurably helps air quality in the city.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
1 ... 6789101112 ... 23