classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1194 messages Options
1 ... 51525354555657 ... 60
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

campgottagopee
Curious as to who you felt was complaining that courses are now closed? Like TJ I was shocked they were even open so I took advantage of it while I could.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
 just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should do something!
You should take this advice personally and never post your dumb opinions.

And, for the record, it doesn't seem like anybody is "complaining". It seems like everyone is accepting it (except for onscott, who thinks it's "tyranny" that he can't pay money to hit a white ball into a hole).
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
If they close turkey season then I'll complain plenty
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
You should take this advice personally and never post your dumb opinions.
Oh, ouch....there’s the quick wit, that superior intellect!  The way you just cut to the quick.....I’m...broken.  

For the record, you are the only one complaining.  ‘I don’t understand why I can’t do this’, ‘Seems like I should be able to do that’, ‘what if I went out and did this other thing’.  Wah, wah, wah......me, me, I!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Seriously ??? look i love golf BUT  c'mon people get a grip . It is NOT about you or me ,its about keeping people out of ERs . Think of people who ARE making Life Threating sacrifices to keep people from dying , they Do NOT need  s you or me  causing more patients to go to the. ER .

Do our  parts , quit complaining  about our  trivial entertainment , all we have to do is sit on our  asses while others are taking care of business .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
For the record, you are the only one complaining.  ‘I don’t understand why I can’t do this’, ‘Seems like I should be able to do that’, ‘what if I went out and did this other thing’.  Wah, wah, wah......me, me, I!
What? Maybe if you provided some evidence? Like, you can quote my posts. Where am I "complaining"?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
What, like these?

MC2 5678F589 wrote
I don't get why I can walk around my neighborhood or walk around a local park, but I can't walk around in an open field occasionally hitting a little white ball.

Also, I'd be supporting a local business and I heard I was supposed to be doing that?
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Can I go to Saratoga Spa State Park with a couple of clubs and just walk around hitting a ball?
Gripe, moan, justify.  While others have observed the closures, you are the one questioning them and actively looking to thwart restrictions, just like you did with skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by warp daddy
Who's complainin...im just firing thing up a little.  hey any of your kids do any stumming?  They could brush up on some Dusty Springfield
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
tjf1967 wrote
Who's complainin...im just firing thing up a little.

I know you were asking warp, but my daughter is learning.  In the fall she upgraded to this Classic Vibe ‘70s Strat.

I’ve been thinking about picking up her old (cheap, cheap) guitar.  She’s also fooling around with these cheapos...

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
Who's complainin...
Yeah, if JTG thinks that's "complaining", then he must think that his posts are full scale, Grade A bitching, moaning, & whining.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by tjf1967
Yeah tj ,
my son plays and his son does too, but he is a "little busy " at his hospital right now and his son is a little busy at his pharmacy right now ......first things first
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I didn't watch Cuomo's press conference, but apparently there was a concern of "the caddies" getting too close to the players.

These guys must be playing different courses than I am.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote
These guys must be playing different courses than I am.
Ya think?
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
And, for the record, it doesn't seem like anybody is "complaining". It seems like everyone is accepting it (except for onscott, who thinks it's "tyranny" that he can't pay money to hit a white ball into a hole).
I don't even golf LOL!!!  If I did, however, I would be superb at it of course.   You guys crack me up.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Like others I now have the time to go through junk. Came across an old score card. Good times.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I’m pretty steamed by King Cuomo’s edict banning golf

It is way safer than going to the grocery store or even hiking as someone could pass you on a trail close by

Golf is the ultimate social distancing sport spread out over a large space
I played Bluff and Harmony before the closure.  Neither had a pro shop or any buildings open
You paid via Venmo or online and it was walking only
I would be very opposed to carts though
With cups raised and no rakes it worked perfectly

I can see down by city with crowds it wouldn’t be safe but there was no need for a state wide ban

Golf courses still need to cut the grass when it grows or the course will degrade but now they out out a revenue source

The public can not be deprived recreation for too long
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Z wrote
I’m pretty steamed by King Cuomo’s edict banning golf...

It is way safer than going to the grocery store or even hiking as someone could pass you on a trail close by ..

Golf is the ultimate social distancing sport spread out over a large space...

The public can not be deprived recreation for too long
Guess I spoke too soon:
MC2 5678F589 wrote

And, for the record, it doesn't seem like anybody is "complaining". It seems like everyone is accepting it .
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Z
Z, I love ya man but he did the right thing. It's a big shit sandwich and we all need to take a bite.

P.S. golf is a social sport designed to be played in a foresome.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
If you are walking it is very easy to stay 10 or more feet apart even in a 4some as long as those playing are willing to do it the right way.  The golf courses had taken the time to set it up the right way.

Golf is a sport get rid of the carts

Campy I’m sure where you live it would work but not in more populated areas.  It probably should have been left to the town or county level to decide
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Z
All true but they certainly are not essential.  Don't know how they were open in the first place. I'm guessing end of next week they will open
1 ... 51525354555657 ... 60