1 ... 6789101112 ... 60
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

campgottagopee
pro2860 wrote
mattchuck2 wrote
My Monday night league starts on April 21st. Haven't thought about Golf for a while, but the Master's is usually my official cue to start. I'm looking for Tiger and Rory to battle it out on the final day - that would be good TV.
Tiger is out...I'm thinking Jason Day might be a good bet if his thumb holds up
Now that Tiger has shown to be human do you think he will break Jack's record of 18 majors??? 10 years ago I thought for sure he would, now not so much. It will be interesting to see this all unfold. Jack certainly stood the test of time, Tiger sure has had a blast

Matt Kuchar ---- my pick to win the Masters!!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Right now I don't think he will win another one....I think the effects of steroids are catching up with him
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Pro ' i am inclined to agree with ya . The litany of injuries he has sustained over the last 8 yrs seem to indicate a tremendous amount of wear n tear for a 38 yr old .

That scenario of continual injury seems more likely for a contact or collision sport athlete .But given his appearance as a "ripped" and conditioned physique this seems unlikely unless he was into roids or HGH .

In either case , looking forward to the Masters and all that entails .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Yeah, I think if he was on Steroids, he wouldn't have had all the injuries he's had lately.

I think Professional golf will transition to the model of other sports where the best players are in their 20s and early 30s with a sharp drop off in ability after that. The short game will still be there, but it'll be increasingly hard to keep up with the younger guys off the tee.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
mattchuck2 wrote
Yeah, I think if he was on Steroids, he wouldn't have had all the injuries he's had lately.

I think Professional golf will transition to the model of other sports where the best players are in their 20s and early 30s with a sharp drop off in ability after that. The short game will still be there, but it'll be increasingly hard to keep up with the younger guys off the tee.
That's the nice thing about golf, it's not how, it's how many. Drive for show putt for dough baby.

Prime example is Pro and his boy Pro Jr (also PGA Professional)......JR 100% friggin RIPS it off the tee, the kid is as long as noon mass. That said, I'll bet the farm on Pro when it comes time to adding them up
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
LOL...as soon as JR "gets it" we are all in trouble..
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote

I think Professional golf will transition to the model of other sports where the best players are in their 20s and early 30s with a sharp drop off in ability after that. The short game will still be there, but it'll be increasingly hard to keep up with the younger guys off the tee.
There may be some truth to your statement given all of the recent examples of young players that are able to excel, contend, and win at younger and younger ages. I think you will also see players contend and win well into their 40's just as they do now especially with their emphasis on physical conditioning and healthy lifestyles. Heck, Tom Watson almost and probably should have won a British Open at age 59.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
LOL...as soon as JR "gets it" we are all in trouble..
Truth!

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
60's and sunny here in CNY this Sunday, time to tee it up! Haven't even hit a ball since last fall, should be interesting.

BTW, let's kick some ass Pro!!! Go get 'em ---- show them how U DOOOOOooooooo IT!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
The best thing for golf right now would be if Freddy wins the Masters at 54! Go Freddy, GO!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
 i too Like Freddy , but that kid Spieth is lightin it up there today !!

Will be interesting to see him chase ole Bubba tomorrow on'Green Jacket Day . Kid seems pretty chill for 20and we'll see if Bubba holds on to it .
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote
i too Like Freddy , but that kid Spieth is lightin it up there today !!

Will be interesting to see him chase ole Bubba tomorrow on'Green Jacket Day . Kid seems pretty chill for 20and we'll see if Bubba holds on to it .
Good call right there Warp

What a great battle those 2 had on the front 9...... holes 8 and 9 did the kid in, Bubba Golf was in full stride. He's amazing to watch hit the ball.

I watched all of the kids interviews, WOW, that boy has some head on his shoulders.....have a feeling we'll be seeing more and more of him.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Campy : Bubba was da bomb yesterday , simply outstanding performance .

the KID is the real deal and SO together and humble , what a coach's dream  . I'm looking for GREAT things from that lad !!!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
With the late start to the season and all the wet weather ,i have Been struggling so far this season .   I had an 84 and 3 successive 88's . But today with the warmth i got pretty loose early and cranked out a 78 with 12 pars and 31 putts so felt like the groove is starting to coming back .

i have been looking  for some consistency , especially on the approach . today they stayed fairly close to the pin , but man it has been a struggle early on ;)  Just gotta keep. Swinging and stay patient , a real challenge for me :)

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Sounds encouraging Warp! Hang in there. Remember, NOTHING in golf is permanent. Sometimes that's a good thing...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
pro2860 wrote
  Remember, NOTHING in golf is permanent. Sometimes that's a good thing...
I beg to argue that I will always permanently suck at the game of golf
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
campgottagopee wrote
pro2860 wrote
So...you agree with me!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
pro2860 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
pro2860 wrote
So...you agree with me!

Always!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
 U R soo right  Pro !!,, the course giveth and the course taketh away  

Today it ate my lunch,after a great tuesday , i came back down to earth with a pair of 42's. For 84 ,BUT one bright spot .

there is one tough par 4 that i had NEVER parred on this course . That. Effer eats my lunch every damn time i play , BUT today i holed one out with a chip n run from about 20 yds off the green , so the day was not a loss
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote

there is one tough par 4 that i had NEVER parred on this course . That. Effer eats my lunch every damn time i play , BUT today i holed one out with a chip n run from about 20 yds off the green , so the day was not a loss
Good deal Warp. Holin' out has to be one of the coolest things in golf. Pro has quite the knack fer it...few years back he and I were partners in quite a heated match with 2 other dudes. Long story short, he holed out on the 18th hole from about 40ish yards for a duece with about 18 bets going ----- chaCHING...pay day!!!! Man_0_Man were those other guys pissed when I was running around high fivin' Pro in the middle of 18 fairway
1 ... 6789101112 ... 60