1194 messages Options
1 ... 45678910 ... 60
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The Golf Thread

Z
How is it that you can have a great round and a double bogey on 18 can just make it sooo not good.  75 tonight with my only double on 18.  I'm still pissed about it 3 hours and several drinks later.

Probably my last after work 18 hole round of the season.  Worked until 5 and teed off at 5:35.  Finished at 8:05 and it was pretty dark.  I didn't think I would get done but only took 1:10 to play the back nine because the wind died.  Campy I did walk but no beers until after.

I'll miss these after work rounds until next may but it means we getting closer to ski season.  
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Coach, are you trying out for the NYS Mid-Am tournament this year? The club I work at is hosting it...A couple of my members are going to the qualifier at the Lake Placid Club on Monday. From the scores you are shooting I think you would qualify fairly easily..
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
pro2860 wrote
Coach, are you trying out for the NYS Mid-Am tournament this year? The club I work at is hosting it...A couple of my members are going to the qualifier at the Lake Placid Club on Monday. From the scores you are shooting I think you would qualify fairly easily..

Dooooo it, Coach.

Racer Ron is, you guys could get paired together!!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by pro2860
I seriously considered it but I can not take off work Monday I have several Conf calls that I can not miss.  Plus I want to save vacation days for skiing.

I heard that at most there old be only 1 or 2 spots from the LP qualifier.  Our pro said it would take about even par to qualify.  I've only done that once.

Maybe monday after work i will go play from those tees to see how I would have fared.  While I'm playing well  for me there are much better guys out there. I have no delusions where I rank in the golf ecosystem - a guppy that sharks would eat whole
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
T8 for Pro in the CNY PGA Championship

nice job buddy
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
nice going Pro !!!
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Thanks guys! It felt good to be back in the game
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Coach, you should have tried the qualifier. 6 guys qualified...79 was medallist and 84 made the cut!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Congrats to Pro for a top 10 finish!  What did you shoot?

Those qualifying scores are much higher than I expected.  I have been slammed at work this week and have not been able to play.  It sucks having to clean other people's messes up for a living.  Having big quality issues with our off shore factory again.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Thanks Coach, I shot rounds of 70 and 73. Going into the tournament I didn't think I would be satisfied with anything over 140 but after seeing the difficult scoring conditions I was pretty happy with 143.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Great shooting under pressure

Had a good range session tonight but at the end after working on hitting draws for 15 balls I could not hit my natural fades and was hooking it.  It would be a simpler game if you just hit it straight all the time.   
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Coach Z wrote
Great shooting under pressure

Exactly!!

Until golfers start playing tourneys or matches they really have no clue what pressure on a golf course is. (we had some killer matches back in the day) Pressure is what seperates the good from the bad. My good shots and pro's good shots really aren't that different. My BAD shots and his "bad" shots are wayyyyyyyyyy different!!!  
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Good point

While my HCp has not changed all that much (from 5 to 4) I find my bad shots are getting better this year.  Also when you get in trouble you need to accept it and prevent from making a "big" number.

Match play is great to simulate pressure though my matches have been in the form of playing my kid but since I'm giving him lots of strokes I have to make birdies to win holes.  

I'm sure Pro plays plenty of simulated pressure rounds to be able to have that result in a Tourney
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I find palying a $3 Nassau, with 2 down autos, and pressed when your pissed creates pressure. Going down 18 with 20 or so bets going is interesting. When the 80 bucks is comming out of your own pocket it gets exciting.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
The rounds where I was flirting with par creates plenty of internal pressure.  It took me awhile to get used to that.  Last year I'd get there and fall apart the last 3-4 holes. Now I am handling it better.

I also found that I need to eat something mid round to keep my concentration up or mentally I go to heck late in the back nine.  Camp you would not have that issue because you are carbo loading with beer right?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Oh boy, Coach.....I'm relaxed on the course for sure!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
"Relaxed"?  Yeah, sure.  I've got another word for that though Campy.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
WOOT!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
Coach, you should have tried the qualifier. 6 guys qualified...79 was medallist and 84 made the cut!

Racer qualified shooting 71
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
My 10 year old on shot a 102 on the lake placid club links course.  I think that is darn good for his age.  Once his short game develops he could be really good. He is hitting it about 150 to 175 with driver off the tee.
1 ... 45678910 ... 60