12345678 ... 13
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Seeing some pics of boot deep from WF today.  Reports?

Whiteface 1/31/12
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
Harvey44 wrote
Seeing some pics of boot deep from WF today.  Reports?
boot top pow means knee deep for TJF right?  
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
JI spoke with a friend last night that said he was skiing knee deep on cloud.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
Yes, I didnt experience it firsthand, but many reports of the same.  Dang work gets in the way everytime!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Wet Packed Powder and low viz!!  Hoot Hoot!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Guns ablazin on the might mountain of Whiteface!  Nice weather on tap!!  Gonna be a SUPER weekend in the one and only Adirondack Park!!!

GO GIANTS!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

GoofyRider
Awesome bluebird day.  Mountain Run and Lookout Below were both sweet packed powder.  Definitely the runs of the day.  Didn't get to Skyward until after lunch and it was mostly scraped but still some piles around.  Should still be plenty of good snow tomorrow.

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Plus 1 Focker!  Mtn Run on the get go - untracked!  Skyward on the get go - sweetness!  LB  - all day a butter staircase!  Great day, really f-ing good!  Groom Lower Sky tonight and guns going on an 8 degree night - I'm knowing tomorrow be sweet

Go Giants!

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions - Feb 5

ausable skier
Pretty darn nice day at WF.

Wilderness for me was the run of the day.  They were blowing it and it was that perfect velvet.  In the afternoon some bumps formed but were soft.  Where they had blown the last few days it was really nice including Lookout below.  It started out really cold but got to high 20's in the pm and bluebird with little wind.  Also the lower Mt was super nice for some high speed cruising.

It was pretty busy as it was a super sunday - those folks really got there money's worth today.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Yea Ausse, I bet there'll great skiing @ Face this week. Sunny, warm. Just a feelin it'll be early spring like.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack

Amazing conditions @ WF all weekend!  Wilderness, Lookout Below and Wilmington (lower) got resurfaced big time!!

I was so happy w/ my first run down on Sunday I made up a little song.  

Beautiful sun, Beautiful sun sunny sun shining down keeps my beautiful snow so nice and crispy!!!!

Have no idea where I came up w/ the crispy adjective but it was really an overwhelming first run down!  Approach w/ a big sun shinning in my face to Upper Wilderness and just swales and swales of perfect Gun Pow!!!  

Gun Pow!!  Love it!!!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
ScottyJack wrote
Amazing conditions @ WF all weekend!  Wilderness, Lookout Below and Wilmington (lower) got resurfaced big time!!

I was so happy w/ my first run down on Sunday I made up a little song.  

Beautiful sun, Beautiful sun sunny sun shining down keeps my beautiful snow so nice and crispy!!!!

Have no idea where I came up w/ the crispy adjective but it was really an overwhelming first run down!  Approach w/ a big sun shinning in my face to Upper Wilderness and just swales and swales of perfect Gun Pow!!!  

Gun Pow!!  Love it!!!!
nice to hear conditons were songworthy.... you wf folks just confuse the sh!t out of me with your swales references though i always think of swales as drainage ditches in civvy terms and big mounds of snow as wales
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
gorgonzola wrote
you wf folks just confuse the sh!t out of me with your swales references though i always think of swales as drainage ditches in civvy terms and big mounds of snow as wales
  That's because of your unimaginative insistence on speaking English and imputing ordinary and commonly understood meanings to widely used words.  

Seriously, it gets a lot whackier then wales and swales.  Gondi rides are interesting.  We rarely stop laughing.  

WF was very, very good this weekend.  Fast and furious under bluebird skies with occasional periods of fun McSnow.  Wish I could do it all again.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
aaaah gotcha... it would make sense that in the parallel universe that is the face that the inverse of a depression in the earth would be a biga$$ pile of gun pow
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I nominate this thread for "Best Attitude" in the Conditions Forum.

You guys rock.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote
 i always think of swales as drainage ditches in civvy terms and big mounds of snow as wales

That would make sense.  We make no sense!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
I nominate this thread for "Best Attitude" in the Conditions Forum.

You guys rock.
Yes!  Someone appreciates us!!!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ausable skier
i always have referred to the mounds of snow making snow as a "whale"  probably because it is like a whales back

it was definately a weekend to have a good attitude after the crap we have been skiing on all winter.  Still if we rated it compared to last season it was only around a 7 out of 10 but compared to a 2 rating the weekend before it made us all smile
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
gorgonzola wrote
 i always think of swales as drainage ditches in civvy terms and big mounds of snow as wales
That would make sense.  We make no sense!!

Really??? We've just always called them a ditch.....swale is something you push deer out of, shoot them, then eat them

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Oh, gee fellas, that's swell !
12345678 ... 13