307 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 16
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions - Dec 27 storm

ScottyJack
wow!  

def a skin2win day.  Niagara to lower skyward via the yellow dot was off the hook.  cloudspitter glades - two runs, both deep.   wilderness -2200- middle mac - lower mac!  repeat!

I love wind holds!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions - Dec 27 storm

Z
Sounds great - my brother is visiting and I was telling him at dinnner that there was likely quite a lot of skinning going on today.

Empire was looking pretty good yesterday and probably was good today except for the tree down across the top.

How windy was it up there?  Did anything get scoured by the wind?
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions - Dec 31

Z
It was busy but with so much terrian open the crowds spread out so well.  I got a few free runs in between lessons.  I took one late in the Day with my son who ripped Thruway about 2 times the speed I skied it at and I was moving pretty good.  Really nice grooming to rip big GS turns.  I'm totally digging my new Amphibio 14's on groomers.

I didn't get up to the summit because the visability was pretty low but I'm sure it was good up there.  Today is the last weekend (well its a Holiday) that I'll not ski until the season is over but after working all week I'm a little burned out and needed a day off.  Thanks to all the clients that I skied with this week - lots of fun and good skiing.

I'm sure its good up on the Mountain today as well.

Off to the Country Bear in Wilmington for the best French Toast in the free world.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions - Dec 31

skisheep
Just got back from an awesome trip! 28th and 29th were great, 30th was wind hold on everything but freeway and mountain run(bear went on hold for 2 hours due to an accident) so we got vouchers and bailed, and 31st was icy in some spots but pretty good overall. This natural snow was so good for the face as they were able to open so many more trails to spread out the crowd, which was pretty large. 28th in particular saw some LONG lines at gondola and facelift. As for best trails, 28th and 29th pretty much everything was great, 31st Summit was great early, especially upper skyward under the guns(close to zero visibility though), drapers was nice, and essex was pretty good as long as you kept to the sides. Overall it was an awesome four days and can’t wait to get up there again! If you are planning on going, GO, they have almost everything open including glades and much of it is sweet!
ORDA and New England Passholder. If it's fast, it's probably fun.
2014-2015 season days
Whiteface: 2
Sunday River: 4
Loon: 2
Hunter: 1
Belleayre: 1
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Whiteface Conditions

Face4Me
Spent the last 10 days in Lake Placid, and skied at Whiteface 9 of those 10 days. I bailed on Sunday morning due to the wind holds. My friends who stayed, were among the fortunate few who were lucky to get "trapped" at the mid-station. When I saw them Monday morning, they described their Sunday as "epic".
Oh well ... guess I shouldn't have bailed!

Anyway, my 10 days started last Sunday, the 23rd. Conditions were OK, but I left at lunch-time. Monday, things were MUCH better, and I skied the entire day for the first time this season. After that, every day just got better & better.

Don't have a detailed report, but I have to say, throughout the week, my favorite trail almost every day was Lower Wilderness. Lower Mackenzie was a close second. After the dumpage on Thursday, skiing the natural snow was just awesome ... you just can't beat natural snow over the man-made stuff. That said, with all the snow-making on Lower Wilderness over the past few days, this morning Lower Wilderness was definitely the place to be.

I'm seeing some real positive changes at Whiteface so far this season, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it!!!
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
1/3/13
Super Awesome Conditions on the WHITE ONE!!!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

1/3/13

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by Face4Me
This weekend is gonna be sweet
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1/3/13

Face4Me
ScottyJack wrote
1/3/13
Super Awesome Conditions on the WHITE ONE!!!  
Were you "lapping" Wilderness first thing Tuesday morning? Did you leave a back-pack at the bottom of the Little Whiteface chair?

If so, I was following you (trying to keep up!) for about three runs over there ... red North Face jacket.

If it was you, next time I'll introduce myself.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1/3/13

ScottyJack
I did those things on Tueday morning.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Jan 5

Z
This post was updated on .
Surprise powder day today.  It snowed some overnight and the wind deposited it in many places.  I was one of the 1st on Upper Wilderness and it was well over my boot tops - it was not light but it was POW.  Turned out to be a really fun day.  I wished I had brought my new wider skis out instead of my craving skis.  I totally expected it to be firm and fast.  Such a nice surprise!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Jan 5

Harvey
Administrator
Coach Z wrote
...craving skis...
LOL love the concept of craving skis.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
the danagers of posting on the forum after a few beers
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I prefer to see it as inspired creativity.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by Z
Yes..very danagerous!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
supreme conditons on the WF!  Supreme!  Like best early season conditions I can ever remember!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
epic pics of the slides on the WF facebook page.
Reply | Threaded
|

mricyeman
i would love to be able to ski the slides just once.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pants
Wilmington Trail opened today..bye bye untracked sugar valley glades!
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
The whole mountain skied great today.  No slides today, I do believe I overheard patrol saying they would likely be open this weekend.

Whiteface is a great mountain!
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
1 ... 3456789 ... 16