581 messages Options
1 ... 891011121314 ... 30
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: COVID 19 impact on skiing

witch hobble
PeeTex wrote
Yep - read a few excerpts and he did a good job. Dow up 2k. Won’t be surprised if it opens another 1k points higher tomorrow.
Today is Friday.

While I’m glad it did recover some, there was some strategy to the timing of the presser. Pretty close to closing bell for the week, just in case.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Jay is closing for the season
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Brownski wrote
Looking like Harv will have to get his season ending thread up and running.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Gondolas and trams are being closed, but chairlifts still going to spin for now.  Examples are Snowbird tram and Whiteface gondola.

March 13
https://freeskier.com/stories/ski-resorts-respond-to-coronavirus-with-lift-closures-canceled-seasons
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Yep - read a few excerpts and he did a good job. Dow up 2k. Won’t be surprised if it opens another 1k points higher tomorrow. Communist News Network trying to through as much cold water on it as possible.
14 days ago it was being ridiculed as a hoax by your hero. Today he declared a national emergency over it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by marznc
It's gonna take a lot of Corona to catch up with this thread.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
People from Québec and Ontario not being allowed to travel to the U.S. according to the Jay announcement.  Can't find which country put on the restriction.  So Jay was going to missing out on a lot of people, including some who only recently booked.

Tremblant is still open.  Ontario schools are out for three weeks.  Wonder if some families will go to Tremblant?
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
So what do we think? Am I being selfish for thinking about driving up to VT tomorrow? I have no symptoms and nobody I know has it or is exhibiting symptoms but on the other hand I live in Rockland County (a few cases) and work in Westchester (tons of cases) so there’s a higher then normal- though unquantifiable - chance of me carrying it.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
I’d think if you boot up at the car, ride the lift solo, and pack a lunch you’re fine. Might be a bit of a lonely existence, but safe for yourself and others.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Almost done with page 16...
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by witch hobble
witch hobble wrote
PeeTex wrote
Yep - read a few excerpts and he did a good job. Dow up 2k. Won’t be surprised if it opens another 1k points higher tomorrow.
Today is Friday.
When your retired they all run together.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Booting up at car avoiding the lodge and riding chairs seems like a good way to go.  Being out on fresh air I think keeps you healthy.  That said Brownski if you think  you have been exposed to the virus you should self quarantine
Maybe hit up one of the closed areas and skin up and ski.

With all this bad news now I’m worrying about if golf season will even start.  With golf I can play in the even and not even interact with another person
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
14 days ago it was being ridiculed as a hoax by your hero. Today he declared a national emergency over it.
Total BS. If you read what he said in late Feb - he called the politicization of the virus response by the Democrats the new hoax. Even snopes fact check called politico’s article out on that. Seems like your supposed research skills are shit.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Call it what you want, the quote when he was talking about the virus was “And this is their new hoax.”

Too late. Sad.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
billyymc wrote
PeeTex wrote
Yep - read a few excerpts and he did a good job. Dow up 2k. Won’t be surprised if it opens another 1k points higher tomorrow. Communist News Network trying to through as much cold water on it as possible.
You forgot how he blamed the Dems for making up the hoax, and still blamed Obama, as always, for something today that was totally fictional.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Taos announces early close on 3/22, and JH and Snowbird shut down the trams.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
This report about closures was created on March 13 and is being updated as new announcements are made.

https://freeskier.com/stories/ski-resorts-respond-to-coronavirus-with-lift-closures-canceled-seasons
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
billyymc wrote
Call it what you want, the quote when he was talking about the virus was “And this is their new hoax.”

Too late. Sad.
No - even the Atlantic monthly states that he called the Democrats criticism of the White House response the new hoax. He never said the virus was a hoax, he did say it was a public health threat in that same speech.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
So what do we think? Am I being selfish for thinking about driving up to VT tomorrow? I have no symptoms and nobody I know has it or is exhibiting symptoms but on the other hand I live in Rockland County (a few cases) and work in Westchester (tons of cases) so there’s a higher then normal- though unquantifiable - chance of me carrying it.
Selfish?? Absolutely not. Go skiing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by PeeTex
We all hear what we want to hear.
funny like a clown
1 ... 891011121314 ... 30