Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: City slickers are using VT has their virus hideout

JasonWx
campgottagopee wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
This is not a holiday, folks.
Exactly! As concerned as I am for my guys at work I know that closing is 100% the right thing to do. Why I say that is we were busy, real busy. In fact we were on record pace. Reason for that is people aren't doing what is asked of them. If it continues we'll see Hummers with guards patrolling the streets. People really need to take this seriously.

One thing that is very concerning is NYC stealing all our protective supplies from our health care workers on the front line. Fuck that! We need to keep our community safe. It's not all about NYC. Not now. Not ever.
Camp I understand your concern , I really do. But I have 2 daughters that live in Manhattan. One is home but the other one is still there. Fortunately she lives by herself on the upper west side and hasn't been out in over a week..The amount of cases are exploding in NYC , lets hope this ends soon..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I hope it ends soon as well. The thought of having to choose who lives and who dies is insane. By the Gov stealing supplies from rural areas that is exactly what he is doing.
Scary times.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
campgottagopee wrote
I hope it ends soon as well. The thought of having to choose who lives and who dies is insane. By the Gov stealing supplies from rural areas that is exactly what he is doing.
Scary times.
I agree

When this is all over , I need to come up to your neck of the woods. Buy you a beer , talk rock and maybe drown a few worms...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JasonWx wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Scary times.
I agree

When this is all over , I need to come up to your neck of the woods. Buy you a beer , talk rock and maybe drown a few worms...
RT on bro!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
This post was updated on .
Idiot tourist rescued from Mt Marcy yesterday

https://www.adirondackexplorer.org/stories/missing-marcy-hiker-coronavirus

She planned to summit 3 peaks on Friday when winds at elevation were forecast to be hurricane force gusts and heavy rain.  It was then 10 degrees Friday night.  She is very lucky to walk away from this.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
...Yesterday, two tour busses from somewhere in the south showed up and dropped a gang of visitors off at a local grocery store and home improvement store. Both stores had to send staff out to ask the people to wait outside and come in, or not come in at all. Maybe they were on a toilet paper mission?
I am a little embarrassed to report this is semi-fake news that I have helped propagate. Turns out that there were in fact two tour busses parked at the local WalMart, but they were empty, except for the drivers. Irate locals emailed the bus company, who then informed them of the situation. The drivers were just taking a break.

So, be careful what you believe and share. And, also consider what effect your corporate activity might have on freaked out people.

In other news, I just called out a friend who posted pics of him and his family having fun in a closed park. He has taken the pictures down. Did it by private message, so no public shaming required.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
 The thought of having to choose who lives and who dies is insane. By the Gov stealing supplies from rural areas that is exactly what he is doing.
Cuomo was just on all the cable news shows this morning. He said if Buffalo has a need, he'll use hospital beds from Rochester, if downstate has a need, he'll use hospital beds from upstate. He also said "there is no upstate or downstate, there is one state."  I've never been a Cuomo fan, but he is right about this, and he is telling the truth and accepting responsibility for difficult decisions. That's what leaders should do.

Stop the us versus them stuff. The virus does not recognize Upstate or Downstate, and Upstate doesn't have the resources to fight it on its own.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Sorry, bud, but there isn't one politician I trust. Zero. I'll take care of those around me. I suggest you do the same.

Supplies are leaving rural hospitals. Will they be available to replenish? Hopefully. Nobody knows for sure. Not the Gov, not you, and not me. Having supplies leave puts my community at risk and that's an uneasy feeling for me to have.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
Milo Maltbie wrote
campgottagopee wrote
 The thought of having to choose who lives and who dies is insane. By the Gov stealing supplies from rural areas that is exactly what he is doing.
Cuomo was just on all the cable news shows this morning. He said if Buffalo has a need, he'll use hospital beds from Rochester, if downstate has a need, he'll use hospital beds from upstate. He also said "there is no upstate or downstate, there is one state."  I've never been a Cuomo fan, but he is right about this, and he is telling the truth and accepting responsibility for difficult decisions. That's what leaders should do.

Stop the us versus them stuff. The virus does not recognize Upstate or Downstate, and Upstate doesn't have the resources to fight it on its own.

mm
But there is "our state" vs "their state".
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
However, remember that if you do get seriously ill, the rural medical system is less likely to be able to treat you as the resources will flow to the urban areas.
I said this 5 days ago - it was obvious then and is happening now. It's the right thing as NYC is the prefect breeding ground for the virus.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
campgottagopee wrote
Sorry, bud, but there isn't one politician I trust. Zero. I'll take care of those around me. I suggest you do the same.
Like it or not, leadership matters, and you go to war with the leaders you have, not the leaders you wish you had. This is the ultimate "all in this together" problem, and go-it-alone is a sucker's bet.
campgottagopee wrote
Supplies are leaving rural hospitals. Will they be available to replenish? Hopefully. Nobody knows for sure. Not the Gov, not you, and not me. Having supplies leave puts my community at risk and that's an uneasy feeling for me to have.
Everybody has an uneasy feeling, and probably more in NYC than in the Daks. Do you really want to rely on Saranac Hospital or Hudson Headwaters when when the biggest and best hospitals in the world are a few hours away?

mm
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Like it or not I will do my damnedest to take care of those around me. Not you, or anyone will change that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
Ultimately the Federal government has to provide medical supplies. Only the feds have the authority to order production and control distribution and prices. It's also the only way to prevent price gouging and competition among states and foreign countries.

mm
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Right now protective medical supplies made here in the US are being sold to other countries because they are the highest bidders.

That was stated on the morning news. If that is true it's fucked up beyond all fucked upness
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
campgottagopee wrote
Like it or not I will do my damnedest to take care of those around me. Not you, or anyone will change that.
I agree with that, but you can't protect yourself without protecting everyone.  Withholding resources that are critically needed in the city will only make the virus spread to the country faster. Thankfully, the governor has apparently made a different decision.

mm
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Damn.....this from the guy who I bet has also stocked up on ammo, canned goods, and bottled water.  I bet he’s way ahead of me on going out and filling the gas cans!

No joke, absent the dead coming back to life, this thinking played out leads us to a TWD society.  Don’t come near me, mine, or our supplies or I’ll pop a cap in your cranium!

God willing CNY doesn’t see a debilitating influx of patients the way the metropolises (yes, spell check gave me that, it’s not metropoli, MC) could/will.  What good does it do to have excess supply in rural CNY while people potentially die needlessly (for lack of supplies) in the cities....cities that largely drive the tax revenue that fuels the rural economy?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
campgottagopee wrote
Right now protective medical supplies made here in the US are being sold to other countries because they are the highest bidders.

That was stated on the morning news. If that is true it's fucked up beyond all fucked upness
Which is why the Defense Production Act has to be used immediately, regardless of the experience of Venezuela.  

mm
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Not for nuthin’ Camper, but I believe you are deadly serious....and your comments on this (protect me/mine, stay away from my supplies) probably frighten me more than anything else I’ve seen/read during this unprecedented time.  Not shitting you.  Let me know when you are closing your gates to Hilltop, in case I want to be part of your community in the new society.  
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Damn.....this from the guy who I bet has also stocked up on ammo, canned goods, and bottled water.  I bet he’s way ahead of me on going out and filling the gas cans!
What you've described is everyday living here. Well, except for the bottled water, I prefer my well water.

JTG4eva! wrote
God willing CNY doesn’t see a debilitating influx of patients the way the metropolises (yes, spell check gave me that, it’s not metropoli, MC) could/will.  What good does it do to have excess supply in rural CNY while people potentially die needlessly (for lack of supplies) in the cities....cities that largely drive the tax revenue that fuels the rural economy?
That's just it. There aren't excess. We've just had our first two confirmed cases in our county. It's starting and we all know it will grow rapidly. Protective gear is already leaving, to the point of real concern of running out. I don't trust they will be replaced in time. Would you?
Our body shop tried to reorder these n95 masks. Paint suppliers are out of them.
Wait until the hospital is out of them and health-care workers refuse to come to work. The way this is spreading I don't think it's far fetched. I pray to God that I'm wrong.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Not for nuthin’ Camper, but I believe you are deadly serious....and your comments on this (protect me/mine, stay away from my supplies) probably frighten me more than anything else I’ve seen/read during this unprecedented time.  Not shitting you.  Let me know when you are closing your gates to Hilltop, in case I want to be part of your community in the new society.
I'm not joking. Not at all. Believe me when I tell you that here in the Valley we have a plan. Everyone in our crew brings something to the table. I like our chances.
1 ... 3456789 ... 17