Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: City slickers are using VT has their virus hideout

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
JTG4eva! wrote
Apparently 80 year olds are no more responsible than 18 year olds, as my snow bird aunt, who lives in a neighborhood with a lot of other older people, carried on with her annual St. Patrick’s day party.
Of those I know, the 80 + individuals are taking this less seriously then anybody
Me too! Wild!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
My daughter is in healthcare in a CNY hospital. She told me today that they are preparing to take people from down state and the City. One way or the other - the hordes are coming.
Same.

Our hospital has increased bed capacity by over 50%, tents set up in one of the parking lots. They aren't admitting the people they normally would, it's the calm before the storm. We have 10 ventilators.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I was wondering today if the state will take over the college campuses they cleared out and use the dorms.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
They have the converted the Javits Center in NYC into field hospital..

I have to go to NYC to pick up my daughter..she hasn't left her apt since the 13th..she is starting to struggle with the isolation..

The physical distancing will take it's toll on people too...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Yes
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Amazing how fast all this progressed. Just a little over two weeks ago I was planning on being in Taos today, and then driving north into Colorado for two weeks or more of Ikon days. Now, I'm in a situation where it would be highly irresponsible to drive anywhere outside the metro area. Hell, my girlfriend was berating me on the phone for driving to the supermarket for non essentials yesterday. I live in a ghost town. And, it seems that it will be much worse in a month. And yeah, I fear the economic and emotional toll more than the illness itself.

Stay safe. Like Cuomo said yesterday, we are just ahead of all of the rest of you. We are your future.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
.....it's the calm before the storm.....
My brother, the nurse, based on anecdotal evidence where he works (Phelps in Westchester County)...although he hasn’t been to work in a week...is convinced the storm isn’t coming.  I pray to God he’s right.  The next two weeks should be telling...
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
PeeTex wrote
I was wondering today if the state will take over the college campuses they cleared out and use the dorms.
I’d think NY has already done this because NH did last week (two of our local college’s dorms. One for patient overflow, the other for housing frontline healthcare providers who don’t want to expose their fam by going home) and we are days behind in issuing orders and not yet a real hotbed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I think one of the temporary field hospital arrangements is going in the Westchester County Center. Seems like that’s the kind of location they’re looking for in NYS. Not sure if any of the colleges are being used or not.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
campgottagopee wrote
My brother, the nurse, based on anecdotal evidence where he works (Phelps in Westchester County)...although he hasn’t been to work in a week...is convinced the storm isn’t coming.  I pray to God he’s right.  The next two weeks should be telling...
I too pray he's right.

I know there's a plan in place that if this thing truly takes over the entire state that the NYS fairgrounds here in Cuse will act as ground zero.

I'm only 3 days into this and thank God I have a small remodeling project, otherwise I'd be going nuts. Sitting around idle isn't something I'm used to. I feel so bad for Jason's daughter. She hasn't been outside in weeks. She's definitely a stronger person than I am.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
campgottagopee wrote
My brother, the nurse...is convinced the storm isn’t coming....
Italian doctors described the same thing (before the onslaught):
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Now Essex County is kicking themselves for letting the STR thing get out of control

if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
Z wrote
Now Essex County is kicking themselves for letting the STR thing get out of control
+1000
"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Yeah...I’m not saying my brother is right.  I told him I don’t put any stock in his anecdotal “evidence”.  I even asked him to explain why the situation in Italy is so bad if, as he believes, the current US response is overblown.  As I told him (and said here), I hope he’s right and we’ll see what the next couple weeks bring.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Historically this is how most pandemics worked. People flee the cities into the rural areas.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
endoftheline wrote
Historically this is how most pandemics worked. People flee the cities into the rural areas.
Yup. Centuries.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
endoftheline wrote
Benny Profane wrote
Yup. Centuries.
Several friends/former colleagues of mine fled Manhattan for rural Pennsylvania, eastern Long Island, and Cape Cod. I wanted to say something to the effect of "please don't" but couldn't figure out a way to do it in a non-judging way so I kept quiet.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I know I would want to get out of there if I could. Who wouldn't right now, right?
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
1 ... 6789101112 ... 17