329 messages Options
1 ... 78910111213 ... 17
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: City slickers are using VT has their virus hideout

Z
The Gov needs to put some troopers on the Thruway at New Platz and turn everyone around
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Z wrote
The Gov needs to put some troopers on the Thruway at New Platz and turn everyone around
Including all the supply trucks?

This post makes me so livid - if I said what I’m thinking Harv would ban me forever
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by Z
Classic over reaction Z and paranoia and conspiracy theory bullshit !

So if you , your wife , son. or other loved suffers a heart attack , or a major stroke or is in a horrible accident or some other debilitating medical calamity that is BEYOND  the capability of your local community hospital ,
PLEASE  TELL me that you wouldnt take them to a major metropolitan Tertiary care medical center to save your / their life

Geez man THINK of others for a change ! OUR NNY hospitals are here and expect to act in a support role.  have some trust and grow some empathy .. It may be you or yours that needs help

Sorry but sometimes you are fucking bull headed and narrow minded .

I have been airlifted to a major center when i suffered  an MI that required immediate open heart , it does happen
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

scrundy
Yeah sorry to say I agree. Put yourself in their position. You do what ever you can to protect your children. I don’t like it but I understand what’s going on, I’d probably do the same and suspect most people would. Now if the hoods start heading north crime will follow and that’s when trouble starts. I myself am always armed and the wife is familiar with my guns now. Also live in the middle of nowhere so should be ok. I’m actually enjoying this slow down to a point.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
We have military is Hudson Valley.

Z wrote
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by scrundy
scrundy wrote
. Now if the hoods start heading north crime will follow and that’s when trouble starts.
Wow, man. Sounds interesting. Tell me more.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
MC2 5678F589 wrote
scrundy wrote
. Now if the hoods start heading north crime will follow and that’s when trouble starts.
Wow, man. Sounds interesting. Tell me more.
Yeah, please don’t tell us more.
I think me, MC and PT are all on the same page here. I’m biting my tongue regarding much of the last few pages of this thread, other then observing that Sean is a panicky, ungrateful  little bitch.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Z wrote
I was not totally serious and Govs balls are not big enough for that as he thinks he is running for President.  He actually looks more presidential in his news Conf than Trump or Biden it pains me to say.

you have to admit that people headed north are endangering our rural communities and are being incredibly selfish.  The reality is their access to health care will be better down in thier city than it will be here in the near future but if you come from a city you think there is an unlimited supply of everything with 5 mins of everywhere.

There was some talk today about shutting streets down in Nyc which is the first step to containing the Island
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
Ain’t gonna lie, I’m happy AF I had a cold and decided to stop going into the office on the 13th, a week before my office closed.  Manhattan’s got some bad JuJu going on.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Z wrote
And leave all of the tax dollars downstate, too.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
JTG4eva! - Curious as to why Westchester Co. has so many cases (4691) and only 1 death...and I believe that first death was today.  If I recall that County was a ground zero place as that lawyer came back from Italy in February and infected 20-30 people right off the bat.  Perhaps your brother could shed some light on that next time you talk to him.

Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ScottySkis1
ScottySkis1 wrote
We have military is Hudson Valley.

Z wrote
I just hope it's does help

"https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/03/25/the-military-has-suspended-all-travel-deployments-exercises-for-the-entire-force/
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
   Not all people heading North out of the city, I live in Northeastern PA and NY and NJ plates everywhere, Walmart packed with those people. Put yourself in their shoes ,if you could flee the area would you?
   I have been hanging around my house and property for almost 2 weeks now, since I got back from Summit county CO. Stay close to home and take care of yourselves and the Spring sunshine will soon end this mess.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
Reply | Threaded
|

TheGreatAbyss
“It’s apocalyptic,” said Dr. Bray, a general medicine resident at the hospital.

All of the more than 1,800 intensive care units in New York City are expected to be full by Friday, according to a FEMA leadership briefing obtained by The New York Times. Patients could stay for weeks, limiting space for newly sickened residents.
Reading that decree from Essex County is infuriating.   They know damn well that we don't have capacity down state.  Translation:  "Send us your tax dollars then literally go drop dead"
Reply | Threaded
|

Saratogahalfday
In reply to this post by Saratogahalfday
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
What's it like to have enough disrcetionary income to shell out $2500-$3500 / month for a rental? On top of your primary residence?  Asking for a friend.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Peter Minde wrote
What's it like to have enough disrcetionary income to shell out $2500-$3500 / month for a rental? On top of your primary residence?  Asking for a friend.

This has been a lifelong mystery to me, too, as a New Yorker.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Peter Minde
Peter Minde wrote
Income statistics are distorted. Wealth statistics are more useful. And there appears to be a lot of wealth out there (that is very difficult to trace). The wealth gap is probably even bigger than we think it is.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
"“Washington County has NO hospitals and few health care providers,” Hall said in the statement. “Those providers we do have are overwhelmed by the current needs of its residents. Additional burdens upon the county’s health care providers will strain our already taxed resources.”"

And Washington county has no restaurants and anyplace else that would make it attractive for somebody that is used to a more urban or suburban place to stay and have a good time. I biked there a lot when I lived in Saratoga Springs, and considered moving there, but thought the better of it, because the hermit life wasn't for me. Awesome road biking, though.
So, all this is kind of ridiculous. All of these people are picking up and moving from a place where they are confined to home, to be confined in a home in the country. With probably crappy internet and maybe no cable. But, birds and grass out the window. And, at 3 grand a month.
Are restaurants open in Saratoga? Bars?

And this one from the politicians sure say dumb shit book:

"In a release Tuesday afternoon, Shaun Gillibrand, the chairman of the Essex County Board of Supervisors, noted that the county had four cases of COVID-19, none of which originated from within the county."

Yeah, Einstein. It actually "originated" in China. Keep up with the good work.
funny like a clown
1 ... 78910111213 ... 17