263 messages Options
1 ... 18192021222324 ... 27
Benny Profane Benny Profane
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: City slickers are using VT has their virus hideout

MC2 5678F589 wrote
Peter Minde wrote
What's it like to have enough disrcetionary income to shell out $2500-$3500 / month for a rental? On top of your primary residence?  Asking for a friend.
Income statistics are distorted. Wealth statistics are more useful. And there appears to be a lot of wealth out there (that is very difficult to trace). The wealth gap is probably even bigger than we think it is.
Yup. When studio apartments go for a million in Manhattan, you kind of think that revolution is right around the corner.
funny like a clown
witch hobble witch hobble
Reply |

In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Yeah, Einstein. It actually "originated" in China. Keep up with the good work.
C’mon Benny. You must know what that means.....otherwise you’re the Einstein.

It means they have not had “community spread”, where it is transmitted from an infected person to a loved one, co-worker, or somebody else that you have had an encounter with. It means they acquired it elsewhere and traveled to Essex county, where they then sought medical care.
Reply |

witch hobble wrote
Benny Profane wrote

It means they have not had “community spread”, where it is transmitted from an infected person to a loved one, co-worker, or somebody else that you have had an encounter with. It means they acquired it elsewhere and traveled to Essex county, where they then sought medical care.
Yeah, I know what it means. It means blame someone else for this problem. But, hey, could we have some of your tax dollars before you leave? We love your tax dollars.

Edit: This is all a preview of what we're going to hear in a month from bumfuck Texas and Arkansas. New Yorkers are going to be blamed for their deaths, not their behavior or obesity issues that made them more prone to all this.
funny like a clown
witch hobble witch hobble
Reply |

Benny Profane wrote
witch hobble wrote
Benny Profane wrote

Yeah, I know what it means. It means blame someone else for this problem. But, hey, could we have some of your tax dollars before you leave? We love your tax dollars.

Edit: This is all a preview of what we're going to hear in a month from bumfuck Texas and Arkansas. New Yorkers are going to be blamed for their deaths, not their behavior or obesity issues that made them more prone to all this.
Dude......you’re blaming China.
Reply |

I'm not "blaming" anybody, not like our Dear Leader. I'm just trying to say that we're all in this together. But, yeah, as a downstater who lived upstate for three years, I'm pretty familiar with the attitudes many have up there for anybody who lives below Poughkeepsie. You know, the people who actually paid for their hospital.
funny like a clown
MC2 5678F589 MC2 5678F589
Reply |

This is why the "us vs. them" thing is so dumb. There's always a "them" to blame if you're creative enough (Donald Trump got elected by blaming "them" - immigrants, black people, Democrats, etc.)

Sadly, it appears to be getting worse. Lots of City vs. Country shit on my Facebook.

How about "Human Race vs. Virus".... and if you've solved that and you're feeling spunky, how about "Human Race vs. Climate Change"?
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

MC2 5678F589 wrote
This is why the "us vs. them" thing is so dumb. There's always a "them" to blame if you're creative enough (Donald Trump got elected by blaming "them" - immigrants, black people, Democrats, etc.)
There you go again.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
bumps bumps
Reply |

In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Lots of City vs. Country shit on my Facebook.
I don't need Facebook for that. There's plenty to go around here.
campgottagopee campgottagopee
Reply |

Protecting your own is nothing new. Try getting in between a mamma bear and her cubs, see how that works out for you.
Jon951 Jon951
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
How do you define a slicker?  The wiki definition: "a person who is smooth and persuasive but untrustworthy"

If people own property in Vermont, or anywhere, they have the right to use it, within the guidelines.
What about the reverse? Confirmed cases in Vermont and the North Country....Dog may even be a carrier. Traveling downstate to see Maw and Paw.

1 ... 18192021222324 ... 27