1 ... 891011121314 ... 17
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: City slickers are using VT has their virus hideout

Benny Profane
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Peter Minde wrote
What's it like to have enough disrcetionary income to shell out $2500-$3500 / month for a rental? On top of your primary residence?  Asking for a friend.
Income statistics are distorted. Wealth statistics are more useful. And there appears to be a lot of wealth out there (that is very difficult to trace). The wealth gap is probably even bigger than we think it is.
Yup. When studio apartments go for a million in Manhattan, you kind of think that revolution is right around the corner.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Yeah, Einstein. It actually "originated" in China. Keep up with the good work.
C’mon Benny. You must know what that means.....otherwise you’re the Einstein.

It means they have not had “community spread”, where it is transmitted from an infected person to a loved one, co-worker, or somebody else that you have had an encounter with. It means they acquired it elsewhere and traveled to Essex county, where they then sought medical care.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
This post was updated on .
witch hobble wrote
Benny Profane wrote

It means they have not had “community spread”, where it is transmitted from an infected person to a loved one, co-worker, or somebody else that you have had an encounter with. It means they acquired it elsewhere and traveled to Essex county, where they then sought medical care.
Yeah, I know what it means. It means blame someone else for this problem. But, hey, could we have some of your tax dollars before you leave? We love your tax dollars.

Edit: This is all a preview of what we're going to hear in a month from bumfuck Texas and Arkansas. New Yorkers are going to be blamed for their deaths, not their behavior or obesity issues that made them more prone to all this.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Benny Profane wrote
witch hobble wrote
Benny Profane wrote

Yeah, I know what it means. It means blame someone else for this problem. But, hey, could we have some of your tax dollars before you leave? We love your tax dollars.

Edit: This is all a preview of what we're going to hear in a month from bumfuck Texas and Arkansas. New Yorkers are going to be blamed for their deaths, not their behavior or obesity issues that made them more prone to all this.
Dude......you’re blaming China.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
I'm not "blaming" anybody, not like our Dear Leader. I'm just trying to say that we're all in this together. But, yeah, as a downstater who lived upstate for three years, I'm pretty familiar with the attitudes many have up there for anybody who lives below Poughkeepsie. You know, the people who actually paid for their hospital.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
This is why the "us vs. them" thing is so dumb. There's always a "them" to blame if you're creative enough (Donald Trump got elected by blaming "them" - immigrants, black people, Democrats, etc.)

Sadly, it appears to be getting worse. Lots of City vs. Country shit on my Facebook.

How about "Human Race vs. Virus".... and if you've solved that and you're feeling spunky, how about "Human Race vs. Climate Change"?
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
MC2 5678F589 wrote
This is why the "us vs. them" thing is so dumb. There's always a "them" to blame if you're creative enough (Donald Trump got elected by blaming "them" - immigrants, black people, Democrats, etc.)
There you go again.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Lots of City vs. Country shit on my Facebook.
I don't need Facebook for that. There's plenty to go around here.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Protecting your own is nothing new. Try getting in between a mamma bear and her cubs, see how that works out for you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
How do you define a slicker?  The wiki definition: "a person who is smooth and persuasive but untrustworthy"

If people own property in Vermont, or anywhere, they have the right to use it, within the guidelines.
What about the reverse? Confirmed cases in Vermont and the North Country....Dog may even be a carrier. Traveling downstate to see Maw and Paw.

"Feets fail me not"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Protecting your own is nothing new. Try getting in between a mamma bear and her cubs, see how that works out for you.
This is a dumb analogy road to go down, but I guess I'll note that an asteroid got between a lot of mamma dinosaurs and their kids.

World changing external events can sometimes be more important than your desire to spit at the feet of strangers to say "you ain't from around here"
Reply | Threaded
|

bumps
campgottagopee wrote
Fair enough but the point is... when you're protecting your own exclusively with house money (and NYC/downstate is the house), you're really not in a position to tell your benefactors "FU don't touch my property". Same thing in reverse: people from hard hit urban areas shouldn't be packing up and leaving for rural regions, possibly infecting them and overwhelming their already weak healthcare facilities.

Of course, human nature doesn't pay attention to logic, or at least logic the way I see it.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Logic? Like I said, see how you make out. It would be logical no to put oneself in a position like that on purpose.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: City slickers are using VT as their virus hideout

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by bumps
House money? I pay my share of "house money", that's what makes what I own mine. I'm no freeloader and suggesting so would be ignorant.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
This is a dumb analogy road to go down, but I guess I'll note that an asteroid got between a lot of mamma dinosaurs and their kids.

World changing external events can sometimes be more important than your desire to spit at the feet of strangers to say "you ain't from around here"
Sorry MC I missed your comment.

I'm not looking to spit on anyone. My point is we all need to take care of ourselves and the ones around us. Anything or anyone who might get in the way of that is in for a rude awakening.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
campgottagopee wrote
My point is we all need to take care of ourselves and the ones around us. Anything or anyone who might get in the way of that is in for a rude awakening.
The bigger point is that the we can't protect anyone without protecting everyone. That implies that some of us will need to risk our personal safety for the greater good. For example, nurses working without PPE, like the one I live with.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Milo Maltbie wrote
The bigger point is that the we can't protect anyone without protecting everyone. That implies that some of us will need to risk our personal safety for the greater good. For example, nurses working without PPE, like the one I live with.

mm
Agree with Milo
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
campgottagopee wrote
Logic? Like I said, see how you make out. It would be logical no to put oneself in a position like that on purpose.
Sorry dude, you analogy only works if you assume we will all be reduced to wild animals.  I think we’ve proven our species to be better than that?

Then again.....

I AM Negan!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
campgottagopee wrote
My point is we all need to take care of ourselves and the ones around us. Anything or anyone who might get in the way of that is in for a rude awakening.
mm points out why your thinking is flawed.  As to the ‘house money’ thing....it really gets to the sharing of resources thing, which we’ve always done as a state.  Resources from downstate provide critical resources (including lifesaving resources) and infrastructure to upstate and cny communities.  You are happy to take that, but when the time comes to return the favor....it’s eat led mutha f#%ker.

When the cities are decimated, because you kept the wolves at bay with your guns, are you still going to be looking for the same economic support from the state?

Then again....

I AM Negan!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
So theoretically...we(NYS) ship all our ventilators...they help immensely..it breaks out in the town they were borrowed from...but they are still needed in the spot they were sent to....do they get sent back...not a chance...hmmm
1 ... 891011121314 ... 17