329 messages Options
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 17
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: City slickers are using VT has their virus hideout

Milo Maltbie
tjf1967 wrote
So theoretically...we(NYS) ship all our ventilators...they help immensely..it breaks out in the town they were borrowed from...but they are still needed in the spot they were sent to....do they get sent back...not a chance...hmmm
Or we don't send ventilators but they send patients Upstate.  Or maybe we send resources from all over the US to control the outbreak in the city, and that minimizes the spread of virus all over the country.
We're all in this together, and we're all fucked.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by tjf1967
A conundrum, no doubt.

How many lives can one ventilator save....one every two to three weeks (just a guess)?  

Is it better to keep ventilators upstate where they might be used to save hundreds of lives (eventually), or move the resources to where they could save thousands of lives (immediately)?

I don’t know the answer.

I AM Negan!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
Are you saying you would send them back??  
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
No shit.  At first glance it a no brainer...send them where they need to be...We all know what is better.  not for nuttin Elon Musk is the man that can solve this...get him involved...he is going to have ventilators coming out of buffalo sooner than anyone..that's what we can route for
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
The theory, I think, is that moving resources (whether ventilators or masks or gloves or even doctors and nurses) to where they are needed is a short term solution to bridge the time it takes to produce o distribute more. It’s not a zero sum game. They’re not sending stuff to the affected area hoping it’ll never be needed elsewhere. They’re hoping they can replenish before the need arrives.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
It is and it makes sense.  I've been googling around and other than Dyson I can not find a company that is going into production to produce them.  If they don't shuffle these things around the country there will be a shortage.  And I don't think you will get any states willing to ship their surplus to NY.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote
So theoretically...we(NYS) ship all our ventilators...they help immensely..it breaks out in the town they were borrowed from...but they are still needed in the spot they were sent to....do they get sent back...not a chance...hmmm
Exactly.

I want to believe that ventilators, PPE, will be replenished in time when shit hits the fan. Cases in my county doubled overnight. I'd say the odds are against us.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
Milo Maltbie wrote
tjf1967 wrote
Or we don't send ventilators but they send patients Upstate.  Or maybe we send resources from all over the US to control the outbreak in the city, and that minimizes the spread of virus all over the country.
We're all in this together, and we're all fucked.

mm
Agree with all of this.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
GM confirms production of critical-care ventilators following Trump criticism.  Good News!! Iowa should start shipping everything they have right now!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
tjf1967 wrote
GM confirms production of critical-care ventilators following Trump criticism.  Good News!! Iowa should start shipping everything they have right now!!
Hopefully the quality of these GM ventilators will be better than the quality of my wifes Envoy Denali. The Envoy is a low mileage POS. I have no faith GM can produce a quality product in this day and age. But I get it..it's no time t bash GM as they enter this challenge. All the best to them.
"Feets fail me not"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
tjf1967 wrote
In our case locally there are only 10 vents between Etown and SL so there really aren’t any to send to start with

My company just got a huge order components for vents with the caveat we have to deliver them all within a very short period of time.  A couple months ago I got big increasses for products used in ICUs so they were planning ahead back before it blew up here.  Behind the scenes industry is really going all out to rise to these challenges.  
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
Z wrote
In our case locally there are only 10 vents between Etown and SL so there really aren’t any to send to start with
So does that mean you want to close the Thruway and count on those 10 vents to save you, or is it better to share resources because we are all in this together?

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble

This sign is at the Village Store in Rumney, NH.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
^This includes you Adirondackers, CNYers and residents of Buffalo!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
For that matter, what do you think is more likely? That the guv puts troopers on the thruway to protect you from all of us metro area zombies or that he sends somebody up to take 5-7 of your 10 ventilators for use down here?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I hope we don’t find out, but are Camp and the Hilltop crew going to actually get into an armed confrontation when/if a truck shows up at their local hospital to commandeer some of “their” ventilators?  How will we even know when a truck shows up to take them?

I say we because....

I AM Negan!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by witch hobble
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
RI is now cracking down on those fleeing NY Includ8ng going door to door at STRs

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/27/metro/raimondo-provide-latest-coronavirus-totals/

I heard the Essex Co asked the Gov to allow them to shut down STRs

If you are from NYC or NJ you just need to stay there.  Coming north will kill people that otherwise not get infected.  If you can live with killing someone by being selfish I don’t really care what you say about me.  This is not some BS on the internet this is real life and death.  The only way this ends if you stay where you are.  That is coming directly from CDC and FEMA.  
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Z is deathly afraid of "those people"
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Z
Hey coach, some times you just have to do it yourself, you know? Maybe get some buddies and go do a road block together. But the thruway is probably a little ambitious. Maybe set up on 73 by the Stewart’s?
1 ... 9101112131415 ... 17