329 messages Options
1 ... 1011121314151617
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: City slickers are using VT has their virus hideout

Johnnyonthespot
Z wrote
RI is now cracking down on those fleeing NY Includ8ng going door to door at STRs

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/27/metro/raimondo-provide-latest-coronavirus-totals/

I heard the Essex Co asked the Gov to allow them to shut down STRs

If you are from NYC or NJ you just need to stay there.  Coming north will kill people that otherwise not get infected.  If you can live with killing someone by being selfish I don’t really care what you say about me.  This is not some BS on the internet this is real life and death.  The only way this ends if you stay where you are.  That is coming directly from CDC and FEMA.
What of they were buying those Kendos you still have for sale in the NYSB classifieds?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
In reply to this post by Brownski
If he’s going full on Adirondack separatist Monkey Wrench Gang, I’d think he wants to make sure that some Champlain Valley towns stay on his side of the bridge. So they can farm after the supply chain delivery trucks can’t get to their local TOPS and Stewart’s.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
witch hobble wrote
If he’s going full on Adirondack separatist Monkey Wrench Gang, I’d think he wants to make sure that some Champlain Valley towns stay on his side of the bridge. So they can farm after the supply chain delivery trucks can’t get to their local TOPS and Stewart’s.
Come on bro. Who needs a farm if you have a Stewart’s? Have you ever tried their egg nog?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
If you are from NYC or NJ you just need to stay there...That is coming directly from CDC and FEMA.
What I am seeing from CDC is not specific to NYC or NJ. It includes all of NY, and the rest of the world.

They are pushing back against EPI and using PAN.

Basically, everyone, regardless of location, stay inside your home unless it is for food, medical, or other essential.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Devil's advocate here :

So is Essex county prepared to take the economic hit once this is over and " THOSE PEOPLE" say eff you we will not be spending our cash in LP anymore .   After all " THOSE people" only want our money .

Fact of  life : it IS a two way proposition with discretionery spending . There ARE  options of places to support that are more welcoming ,and who have equal attraction. Would hate to see economic backlash but it can happen

ergo  POT Meet Kettle .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
This post was updated on .
After reading about Rhode Island this morning, an old cliche came to me. What goes around comes around. Since NYC is ahead of the curve, what happens when they stabilize and then have to turn away the rest of the state and country? All of this will be remembered.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Looks like they'll be shipping people up here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
A major COVID 19 testing site is being set up at the county college 1.5 miles from my house.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
|

Goreskimom
The town of Johnsburg posted this. It has a great tone and still gets the job done.

Supervisor Town of Johnsburg, NY

To second homeowners and rental property owners -
As we are all part of the state of New York, please know that we are sympathetic to the toll the rapid spread of COVID-19 is taking on the people of counties downstate. Your pain and loss is ours as well.

It seems odd to have to say this as you are a vital part of our community, yet we wish to be clear. To those of you who are planning to seek refuge in your second homes in Johnsburg, you are welcome just in case you have any doubts. With your arrival, there are several important things you must know. As the unfolding of COVID-19 is so rapid, guidance is fluid and frequently updated, so it is imperative that you follow the steps below.

Here is how to plan for and execute a safe re-entry here:

Bring all the food and supplies you will need for two weeks.

Plan to sequester yourselves in your home for two weeks.

Contact the Warren County Public Health Department for guidance on what to do/not do based on the current circumstances.

When your sequestration period is over, adhere to the restrictions placed on all New Yorkers at that time: Currently, it is to shop solo, don't visit, don't congregate.

Respect social distancing recommendations.

Here are items we are asking you NOT to do:

Do not visit convenience or grocery stores until after your two-week period and ONLY if you are symptom-free.

If you own a property in Johnsburg that you rent out, please block out the next few weeks and don’t rent. We know this is asking a lot; we take the loss of income seriously.

What to do if you are already here, and not prepared for the two weeks of isolation:

Call a friend to shop for you

Call Town Hall, we'll help you.

You are our neighbors, our family, and part of our community. We are asking every single citizen of Johnsburg to do our part to slow the spread of coronavirus. Facing our collective challenges with calm, courage, and compassion will ensure that together we will prevail.

We are here for you if you have any questions or need assistance.

Thank you,
The Town Board
Town of Johnsburg, NY
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Goreskimom wrote
The town of Johnsburg posted this. It has a great tone and still gets the job done.

As we are all part of the state of New York, please know that we are sympathetic to the toll the rapid spread of COVID-19 is taking on the people of counties downstate. Your pain and loss is ours as well.

It seems odd to have to say this as you are a vital part of our community, yet we wish to be clear. To those of you who are planning to seek refuge in your second homes in Johnsburg, you are welcome just in case you have any doubts. With your arrival, there are several important things you must know. As the unfolding of COVID-19 is so rapid, guidance is fluid and frequently updated, so it is imperative that you follow the steps below.

Contact the Warren County Public Health Department for guidance on what to do/not do based on the current circumstances.

When your sequestration period is over, adhere to the restrictions placed on all New Yorkers at that time: Currently, it is to shop solo, don't visit, don't congregate.

Do not visit convenience or grocery stores until after your two-week period and ONLY if you are symptom-free.

If you own a property in Johnsburg that you rent out, please block out the next few weeks and don’t rent. We know this is asking a lot; we take the loss of income seriously.

What to do if you are already here, and not prepared for the two weeks of isolation:

You are our neighbors, our family, and part of our community. We are asking every single citizen of Johnsburg to do our part to slow the spread of coronavirus. Facing our collective challenges with calm, courage, and compassion will ensure that together we will prevail.

Thank you,
The Town Board
Town of Johnsburg, NY

This letter brings me to tears.

So happy to be part of the town of Johnsburg.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Harvey wrote
Goreskimom wrote

Thank you,
The Town Board
Town of Johnsburg, NY

This letter brings me to tears.

So happy to be part of the town of Johnsburg.
Challenges like this tend to bring out the worst in people ... you know who you are ... and the best in people ... THIS demonstrates the BEST in people.

To he/she/they who composed that letter ... you have my vote for POTUS.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
She. Andrea Hogan. Town of Johnsburg Supervisor. An amazing human.

I think it's very cool that she didn't include anything about license plates or roadblocks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
Harvey wrote
She. Andrea Hogan. Town of Johnsburg Supervisor. An amazing human.

I think it's very cool that she didn't include anything about license plates or roadblocks.
I just sent her an e-mail, thanking her, and the town of Johnsburg for their leadership.

As the signature at the bottom of my posts indicates, it's very easy to be against something ... "Hey, you people stay away" ... It's hard to be for something ... "Hey, you're welcome here, but we need you to follow our rules, and we'll help you do it".

In the interest of full disclosure ... like others on this forum, I am a second home owner ... my primary residence is in the metro NYC area and my second home is in Essex County. For the past two years, I've been living in Essex County full time eight months of the year, and downstate the other four. When the corona virus "hit", I was already living in my Essex County home, so I didn't have to "relocate". That said, had I been living in my downstate home at the time, there's not a doubt in my mind that I would have moved North, but I would have done so responsibly.

The "us" versus "them" mentality in this country needs to end, and it needs to end now. We need people to work together, to solve problems and come up with solutions, not just to point a finger of blame.

I can only hope that maybe, just maybe, something good will come out of this disaster, and maybe people will learn that we need to work together.

That's it ... I'm stepping off my soap box now.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Face4Me wrote
I can only hope that maybe, just maybe, something good will come out of this disaster
I think this is very likely.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Harvey wrote
Face4Me wrote
I can only hope that maybe, just maybe, something good will come out of this disaster
I think this is very likely.
That’s sweet but I’m gonna stir the pot anyway. I’m sure some of you guys heard about this already;
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/us/maine-coronavirus-forced-quarantine-trnd/index.html
A bunch of geniuses took matters into their own hands to force some Jersey boys into quarantine. Turns out they’ve been working on a construction job up there since September and had been physically on the island for the last 30 days.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
My statement isn't inconsistent with some acting badly.
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
Good advice from the person in charge - buy your groceries where you live and then head on up and hunker down for a few weeks...no harm done.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
onscott wrote
no harm done.
Reduced chance for harm, still greater than following guidelines.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jon951
In reply to this post by onscott
I support Andrea's notice and guidelines 100%. I would like to travel to Essex county later in the week to work on my construction project and if I attempt this, I was already planning on following her guidelines, applying them to my location in Essex County.

I can make it to LP on one tank of gas, piss on the side of the road if I have to, and drive non-stop to my destination.

Only problem is my neighbors and possibly the police may stop and confront me with my Jersey plates. Or just assume I'm irresponsible, disrespectful, a threat, and get totally pissed off at me.

A plumber friend of mine in LP who I just spoke to told me he saw three police cars behind a vehicle with Vermont plates pulled over yesterday. I guess it could have been for any reason, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was to ask the driver what their intention to be in the area was. Who knows?

If I do choose to go, I will hole up for at least two weeks and get my work done. I have all materials on-site and have plenty of work to do. Back to Andreas notice, yes, this makes complete sense for those responsible enough to follow her guidance. It make total sense to me, as I'm a responsible, respectful individual and comprehend the severity of the COVID-19 situation.
"Feets fail me not"
1 ... 1011121314151617