1 ... 52535455565758 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

Harvey
Administrator
JTG4eva! wrote
I think it will be a while before we are willing to hop on a plane or stay in a hotel.  However, as counties and states begin opening back up, driving to a second home while maintaining social distance (6 feet, masks in public, and the like) seems reasonable.
That works for me, I'm not a fan of hotels. (Doh!)

Our issue is the lack of a kitchen.  I'd really love to start building our house now. Not sure that would be prudent, pretty sure it wouldn't be, but I want!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
In reply to this post by JasonWx
Let me know when you ever come my way. Our farmers market is amazing!

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
The pizza was good..Sushi is my jam but it's not for everyone..

my wife wants to go to the farmers market in Ithaca ..There is a pizza guy there that makes incredible stuff..
I so want to like sushi but I don't .... Lol

Yes, the market in Ithaca really is something.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Brownski wrote
MC
Seriously, how is your grandmother doing?
Happy ending to that story....

She's 94 and back in her condo in her "adult community"
Spoke too soon on that one. She died this morning at 95 (just had a birthday). Sucks that we can't get the everyone together like a normal family time.

Born in 1925...  Amazing.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Sorry, MC, even at 95 it's never easy.

Just a couple weeks ago my wife and I were part of a social distancing calling hours, funeral, etc. While it certainly was different the feelings were the same.

Celebrate your Gram buddy 👍
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
JasonWx wrote
The pizza was good..Sushi is my jam but it's not for everyone..

my wife wants to go to the farmers market in Ithaca ..There is a pizza guy there that makes incredible stuff..
I so want to like sushi but I don't .... Lol

Yes, the market in Ithaca really is something.
I used to make sushi in the mid 2000’s. I worked here in flagstaff and at Hongas in telluride during the winter of 06 and I never really became much of a fan. It’s ok but not everything some people make it out to be.

Maguro or tetaki is pretty good.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
MC my condolences for grandma..

AZ when I worked in restaurants I never ate what I cooked..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Sorry, MC, even at 95 it's never easy.

Just a couple weeks ago my wife and I were part of a social distancing calling hours, funeral, etc. While it certainly was different the feelings were the same.

Celebrate your Gram buddy 👍
That's a really good idea. I'll float that to the aunts & cousins. It'd be good to talk to everyone.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I’m sorry to hear that MC.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'm sorry to hear it MC.

I hope she didn't suffer too much. I hope she was able to see someone in her family before she passed.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Celebrate her life MC, may her memory be eternal
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
Sorry for your loss, MC.  95 is a hell of a good run, especially if she was with it to 95, but losing someone is always hard.

As it relates to the subject....while I know this is probably sensitive for you at this time, do you guys have any indication of how she might have contracted the virus?  In all my family’s interactions (of any kind) we really only personally know one other  family that caught it and the mother, who is a nurse, caught it first.  We talk so much about the response to this virus, and social distancing’s goal of protecting the vulnerable segments of society....and with your grandmother it seems to have, unfortunately, failed.  I’m sorry for that.

Just yesterday my 80 year old diabetic mother in law (talk about high risk) was discharged from her rehab stint in the dementia unit of a nursing home.  We’d like to think we can keep her safe, but it’s hard to know where the risk for an elderly person who shelters in place truly lies.

This virus becomes even scarier when it hits home and gets more real.  Best to you and your fam.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I think the safest thing to do is to bring family home. Those places are like beehives to bears.  They are defenseless.  If you think the employees  are practicing better PPE then the people in your household then leave them.  Its not the RN and the Docs if everyone else that works their.  They are people who have to ride public transportation, live in large groups and  just generally do not have the luxuries we have to avoid those situations.

All that said I think they are in the spot light right now and things have gotten much safer...but I still wouldn't stay there.  
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
You are probably right.  My MIL maybe had it a little safer than the general nursing home population, as she was on a secure dementia unit that had less traffic/interaction that a general unit....but someone still had to clean and service the dementia unit, in addition to the docs and nurses doing their  thing.  The facility she was in had a couple cases on a regular unit, but they seemed to keep it from spreading.

Now that my MIL is home we’ll have to have visiting nurses, so there is risk there, in addition to taking her to dr.s appts and such.

Our situation is a bit of a mess, but that’s life....
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Doesn’t help that, unrelated to CV-19, it would be better for everyone else if my monster in law stayed locked away.....but that’s another story for another thread!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
As it relates to the subject....while I know this is probably sensitive for you at this time, do you guys have any indication of how she might have contracted the virus?
I don't have a ton of info. I might find out more at the Zoom wake that camp suggested (the family seemed to like the idea!), or I might not. People would probably rather tell stories about her, rather than dwell on the final days.... Seemed like she was going downhill fast at the end.

If I find out anything, JTG, I'll be sure to come straight here and tell you, though. 😐

Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
I'm sorry for your loss MC.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I’ll stop talking about coronavirus in the coronavirus thread, if that’s what you think I should do.  Gotta avoid dust ups with you, lest Harvey get more emails.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Matt so sorry to hear of your gram's passing , no matter how or when this happens it simply wears at your soul ,

May she rest in peace and her light shine brightly thru her family . Camp had a great idea about thevirtual wake , you guys need closure and the chance to unload , and celebrate her life .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
1 ... 52535455565758 ... 63