1 ... 50515253545556 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

Harvey
Administrator
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Somehow advertisers think that adding a phrase like that makes the commercial more relevant.  It's ridiculous.

I remember a commercial for something after the 2008 meltdown, it said something like "at times like these you want to make sure you get the most for you money."

I don't usually care at all, but now...
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

dmc_hunter
Also every freaking company I've given my email to since 1998 is freaking sending out emails about their Covid19 response...    STFU!!!  Really...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
dmc_hunter wrote
Also every freaking company I've given my email to since 1998 is freaking sending out emails about their Covid19 response...    STFU!!!  Really...
For real!!!
I don't have internet at my house, nor do I have it on my phone. I unplug while at home on purpose. If you don't have my cell to text or call I don't want to talk to you anyway.....lol

Stopped by my office this AM, hadn't been there since first week of April. Open my email then immediately click out. There are 1000's of them. WTF is right!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I return to work one week from today. I'm ready! While I've tried to make the best of this it's been difficult to stay busy with this weather. Any longer of a layoff and I'd have to put an addition on my house.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
I return to work one week from today. I'm ready! While I've tried to make the best of this it's been difficult to stay busy with this weather..
Nice.

Weather has been cool. But I'll be wishing for this weather when it gets hot & muggy.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
We've had so much rain and snow here. The few nice days we've had I was too busy playing catch-up outside that I couldn't even get out and play golf. Playing with Pro, Jr Pro, and another buddy on Wednesday 🤘
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Glad to hear you'll be back in the saddle soon......stay well buddy , be safe
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
I return to work one week from today. I'm ready! While I've tried to make the best of this it's been difficult to stay busy with this weather. Any longer of a layoff and I'd have to put an addition on my house.
Camp, How do you think car/truck sales are going to be? Interest rates are super low so I guess those that finance or lease may be able to get a good deal. Can the customer take test drives? Are you allowed to let them take a test drive by themselves without a salesperson?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
It depends on who you want to believe. My gut tells me sales will be brisk, articles one might read say the opposite. It will be a buyer's market which usually means business will be good. I'm talking new car sales (leasing, finance, pay cash are all sales), used car sales will be slow. Again, just my opinion. When incentives are big for new cars sales it hurts the used car market therefore driving down the value in trades. It takes awhile for the used car market to adjust but it always does. Think of the used car market the same as a stock. Values go up and down.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by trackbiker
Had a friend buy new wheels this past week , done on line , zero percent, at home delivery seems to be widely availble these days . This seems to becoming more and more the norm. I Bought my new 2018 on line back including trade in eval that was finalized the day i went to get  the new car when it arrived

This exact kind of situation was predicted in the mid eighties by a  then very very young faculty member in our Automotive  Tech program at the college . EVerybody then thougt the young buck was nuts .

Today he is a very heavy hitter at Toyota corp HQ .His exact prediction back then in the mid 80's was direct order from factory with limited on site test drive models'  , eliminating significant percentage of front end  overhead but retaining HUGE emphasis on service  , delivery and customer tech support ..We'll see " .

. i also expect a huge change in several industries , i see in my  profession (higher education)  and my Board work now in the health care  field.  I think the virtual dr appointment for " Routine not emergency  appt.)  has been a good change and eliminates both risk exposure and values YOUR time  Things like EKG's may become an APP on your phone given the rapid expansion of tech.'  

Big changes lie ahead ., BUT then again i may be nuts

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
My last two vehicles I bought without test driving.  I drive my cars for work.  2015- 150k miles and still going.  When you are buying a new car they all drive well.  Its what they drive like after 50-60-70k so a test drive doesn't do anything for me.  If I were looking for a new car I would get it worked out on the internet.  I helped a lady recently by a minivan all on line.  
Its easy when they answer your questions.  Biggest problem I've experienced is the sales people answer your questions with questions and not the answer.  Delete
If you make a good car there will be a market, hell even if you don't people will buy them.  Ford jumps to mind
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
Could be both - Don’t have to choose
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
The problem is, even if we "reopen the economy" (with whatever rules we have in place), millions of people will still be hesitant to go to restaurants, sporting events, etc. We are not even close to being out of the woods economically, but I can't talk about the solutions to that because it's too political.
Here's the restaurant traffic changes in a few states that have "opened up":
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I can't wait to go out to dinner. Craving veal parm and old fashions at the Green Arch.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
My last two vehicles I bought without test driving.
Lots of people will do this. I'm one of them.

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
I can't wait to go out to dinner. Craving veal parm and old fashions at the Green Arch.
i cook restaurant quality food at home..i'm really tired of cleaning up and shopping though..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
My last two vehicles I bought without test driving.  I drive my cars for work.  2015- 150k miles and still going.  When you are buying a new car they all drive well.  Its what they drive like after 50-60-70k so a test drive doesn't do anything for me.  If I were looking for a new car I would get it worked out on the internet.  I helped a lady recently by a minivan all on line.  
Its easy when they answer your questions.  Biggest problem I've experienced is the sales people answer your questions with questions and not the answer.  Delete
If you make a good car there will be a market, hell even if you don't people will buy them.  Ford jumps to mind
You are brave. There are too many variables about how the car fits/feels/sounds when I sit in it and drive it for me to go this route.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
campgottagopee wrote
i cook restaurant quality food at home..i'm really tired of cleaning up and shopping though..
My wife and I have a good chef/sous chef thing going, and she cleans up the mess I make.  Having more time to cook is nice, something I couldn’t really do after a 14 hour day of commuting and working.

Corona-crisis bring out anything new or interesting?

During this crisis I’ve made both macadamia crusted scallops with a citrus beurre blanc and butter poached lobster tails for the first time.  I hadn’t made cavatelli and broccoli in ages, but that will be a regular from now on.  Chicken Vesuvius (that’s what he called chicken with mushrooms and cherry peppers in a butter, garlic, rosemary and white wine sauce in the restaurant I worked in back in the day) is one of my and the boys favorites that I hadn’t made that very often pre-crisis.

My daughter has gotten into baking.  Lately she’s made her own marzipan, as well as making a Hvit Dame (traditional Norwegian Princess cake).
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
My CSA restarted last weekend. It is great to have fresh veggies again after 5 months of the cleaning out the freezer diet. Last week, I got arugula, spinach, bok choy, lettuce and kale. Yesterday, I got romaine, spinach, kale and mustard greens. I have yet to figure out how to cook mustard greens. Any ideas?

WP

PS. MC, it's been two months, just for perspective. Toilet paper is no longer an issue. Camp is going back to work.  NYS has a plan to reopen. And, it is still snowing.
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
In reply to this post by warp daddy
Warp:

. i also expect a huge change in several industries , i see in my  profession (higher education)  and my Board work now in the health care  field.  I think the virtual dr appointment for " Routine not emergency  appt.)  has been a good change and eliminates both risk exposure and values YOUR time  Things like EKG's may become an APP on your phone given the rapid expansion of tech.'  

You're definitely not nuts. You'd be nuts to think the way we work will stay the same.
Too much new tech for folks to take advantage figuring out the most efficient way to get things done.
The way we treat one another may need a little work, but I have faith.
1 ... 50515253545556 ... 63