|

Re: Coronavirus

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Peter Minde
MC, may your grandmother rest in peace.  I'm sorry to hear that she passed.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
I am so sorry about your Grama, MC.  I imagine dealing with death right now is worse than normal, since your family can't get together physically to celebrate her life.

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This makes sense, when you think about the concept of "viral load."  Getting one cootie on you probably won't make you sick.  People who catch it have usually been exposed to several minutes of indoor conversation with someone else who is already infected.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
What I wouldn’t give for some Hamachi Carpaccio or a Cape Cod Monster from Bluefins in Chatham.  My wife and I were talking this morning about maybe spending a couple of weeks up there once restrictions are loosened and we are still working from home.
Chatham was a ghost town on Saturday, very weird feeling..

Here's a tease ..

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
With the HV in NY going Phase 1 tomorrow and MA recently starting their reopening process (beach parking lots opened today)...a trip up there in the near future seems likely.  Haven’t had sushi in a while, can’t wait!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
The beaches were open this weekend..The weather was crap...Lots of kiters over by the light house..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
What my relatives in Milan told me:

Milan is the fashion center.  Companies want "made in Italy" on their labels.  To compete with labor in China there are large populations of Chinese who live in Milan and work very cheaply.  At some point (Chinese New Year?) they all went home for the holiday, to Wuhan, which is the Chinese fashion capital, where their family lives. Then they came back and spread the virus.

Not sure if this is true, but it's what I heard.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Sounds plausible Harv .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
What my relatives in Milan told me:

Milan is the fashion center.  Companies want "made in Italy" on their labels.  To compete with labor in China there are large populations of Chinese who live in Milan and work very cheaply.  At some point (Chinese New Year?) they all went home for the holiday, to Wuhan, which is the Chinese fashion capital, where their family lives. Then they came back and spread the virus.

Not sure if this is true, but it's what I heard.
Harvey, your Milanese folks are on the money.
See: https://www.thefashionlaw.com/the-less-than-transparent-realities-behind-made-in-italy-fashion/
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Even though the Gov has delayed phase 2 our county executives have moved forward. I like their decision to do so.  Our numbers are low and have been that way ever since the beginning. It's time to get going.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Beyond excited to be going out to dinner this weekend. Plus Greek is opening up DH mountain biking.

Thank God!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Florida Coronavirus cases with the biggest daily increase in six weeks, with CDC concern over recent hotspots in south Florida counties.  Consequences of early reopening....or result of increased availability of testing?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
We’re not allowed to post about politics, so I’ll just present this without comment:
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
MC and his charts LOL
Why don’t you show a chart not of % of current cases but total cases and it’s overwhelming blue
Again draw your own conclusions
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Don't go out drinking, yet.  Someplace, there is a chart that shows that the states that reopened too quickly are having a huge increase in cases, but I can't find it.

Tomorrow, I am going to get a nose swab as a part of Cornell's reactivation planning.  They need volunteers to find out how to effectively do mass testing.  I wish they were doing anti-body testing, so I could know if I am bullet-proof, but I am happy to be part of a solution.

WP
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Z
Z wrote
MC and his charts LOL
Why don’t you show a chart not of % of current cases but total cases and it’s overwhelming blue
Again draw your own conclusions
Hey Z, why don’t conservatives like you wear masks?

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/06/16/878924556/as-texas-coronavirus-cases-reach-new-high-gov-abbott-plays-down-the-numbers

Do you wear one?
1 ... 53545556575859 ... 63