1 ... 45678910 ... 29
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

Snowballs
Banned User
sudsnbumps wrote
Was the dark side open today?  What is this Duck thing?  I heard something like the Hermit of Olmsteadville...only skiing the midweek groomers or BC...on Chinese made American skis.  The groom track on Hullabaloo was interesting Sunday...should have its own thread
Simple. Hullabaloo the Hermit went to Olmsteadville Sunday were he had a dark side of Chinese Duck with an Americanski groom who is on track to be married midweek.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
15 min not.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Gore was what you'd expect today, more guns and a little bit better everywhere.

It was cold, Neve and I stayed mostly on the East Side.

Count me in as a fan of the Gondi, and the fact that it goes to the top of Bear.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

poindexter
Chatiemac was really fun today - the lower part was better than the upper part. We spent most of our day there.  Lies had snowmaking on it, but was still pretty icy - the headwall was pretty rough by the afternoon.  Tannery was like a skating rink. Sunway had some good snow but was so crowded.  On our last run down Sunway at 3:00 today, there were bodies down everywhere.
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
We avoided Sunway today and took Showcase down each time we returned to base.  Relatively good snow and fewer skiers.  

North Side was better.  Still only two trails.  They were blowing snow like mad on Tahawus at the end of the day.  A tech on a snowmobile reared up out of nowhere over a rise -- if my daughter was two feet closer to the trail edge she'd have been run over.  Trail should be much better tomorrow.

Wood In much better than yesterday.  DarkSide cover is good, they are still blowing snow on Cloud.  We skied [edit][WoodLot South and Woodchuck] for the first time -- the girls liked it, a mellow windy path through the woods.  Wish it were longer.

Skied Open Pit twice around 2:00, very nice.  Headwaters OK.

Seems like the best snow is hidden in Lower Sleighride and the Arena.

Was sunny all day and a great day to be out skiing.  Unfortunately my oldest missed it being a little under the weather.

Petronio

Reply | Threaded
|

Duck T. R.
In reply to this post by Snowballs
The hermit was skiing the man made snow storm on Chati. Where were you Suds?
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
I got there at 12:30 and just went back and forth between Lies and Chati...Same thing I did today until they turned the guns off.  I saw you take off at 10 am down Tannery this morning...too much for ya?   Saw Harv and Neve today too
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Sweet day.  Lots of nice snow around.  North Side snowmaking was so much fun for Neve and me.

Good to see you Suds!
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
Great day today.  Least crowded day so far this week.  Snow guns still going on Tahawus, giant whales there.  Once they groom it out it should be great.  Sleeping Bear better than earlier in the week.  

Elsewhere, Open Pit was getting icy by end of day.  Cloud has plenty of snow.  Headwaters was nice, and they began blowing more snow there midday.  Tannery needs snow badly.

Showcase skied well on the right side.  Lower Sleighride was nice.  Showcase has large patches of ice to skier's left.

A couple of mild dumps and the mountain will be fantastic.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

Duck T. R.
Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies,Lies and more Lies. The run of the day
Reply | Threaded
|

Duck T. R.
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
How did you see me on Tannery at 10:00? When you didn't get there until 12:30?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
Yea suds you have to get there earlier to defend. Duck was trashin' you so bad all over the mountain.

"Where is that suds anyway? I'm going to school him!"

I couldn't believe it. Duck is usually SUCH a gentlemen.
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
Heads up for snowmobiles at Gore.  Anyone notice more sleds tearing up the trails and at higher speeds?  Hope nobody gets whacked.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Nice skiing today.  Guns on Hawkeye it was impossible to pull away.
CMR
Reply | Threaded
|

CMR
Hawkeye was definitely the run of the day.  Lapped it at least 6 times.  The manmade was very light.  
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
In reply to this post by evergreen
I would assume the sleds are because they are making big moves with the snow making.  What were Chati and Lies like?  The website says there are bump clinics coming up this weekend and there are nice bumps forming on the summit...it would be a bummer if they mowed them down.  It said Chati was groomed
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
It feels weird to wax about skiing under the guns. But here I go...

I have never skied in snowmaking like that on Hawkeye today.  It was a combo of tower and ground guns that were making so much snow that each time down, if you hung right near the guns you were cutting a new line.

I was skiing with Shaman and he was flying. I would have LOVED to get pictures, but stopping in the midst was just ridiculous.

We're home now :( but I'd say great week of skiing all things considered.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
OMG! Today was one of the best Bump days I have had at Gore...ever?  I wasn't sure if I was at MRG (ok no...there were snowboarders and snow guns)  Lower Chati was amazing.  Dipped into the woods and am thinking Sunday Morning?
I'll be back
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
just like the old days with bumps to to bottom on hawkeye and chati, however, they where weird snow making bumps. the soft snow was pushed into sharp diagonal ridges with 5-20 feet of boilerplate between bumps. i preferred the natural snow bumps on chati a few weeks ago. BTW, pineknot was a crazy ride today. scoured boilerplate with a choke point at the sharp turn because all the rocks were exposed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Hakweye, Chati, Lies all great today.  Basically spent the day at the summit other than a run down to the Saddle for lunch.  Amazing recovery over the past week, plus an inch or two of natural didn't hurt either.

Lies:

Hawkeye:

Another Hawkeye shot:

Heading up to WF tomorrow.
1 ... 45678910 ... 29