ml242
Way to get after it, Jeff!
CMR
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

CMR
Jeff, that second shot is amazing!  Guess you got a drone for the Holidays.
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
you took a drone to gore?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Or maybe rode the Straightbrook Chair.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by CMR
The camera never left my hands. Harv's got it right^^
Reply | Threaded
|

NorEaster27
In reply to this post by Harvey
duh lol brain fart
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
I'm partial to this pic myself.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Some things great: Chatiemac. Some horrible: Upper Hawkeye.
They opened Twister in the afternoon. Huge snow whales and great MM snow. It was like an amusement park. Right now, what's falling isn't quite snow.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
How much has fallen?  Based on the forecast this seems OK so far.  A huge amount of moisture has passed before the change.  More than I thought.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Maybe 2 inches. It's covered with frozen crust.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Spongeworthy wrote
Maybe 2 inches. It's covered with frozen crust.
I'm thinking major bullet dodge here.  Something like 2 inches of liquid and a big percentage was mostly frozen.

Crust yea, but txts from Suds are encouraging.

Chance for some natch this week.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
This storm is not a total washout, thankfully. There is a little new with crust. Really windy (and warm wind) at the top of bear. Not a lot of terrain open, but as far as a thaw/rain event goes, the damage is minimal IMO. It rained on and off today, but never really poured. The snow was pretty good where it softened up.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
IMO we have a net gain.  Up on top there was a little more but everything had a nice protective coating.  So many people were poaching Darby Woods that they dropped the rope on it,,,very nice.  This will lock down overnight and hopefully we will get snow showers all week,  The base is there, we just need snow.  I can't believe how awesome Hawkeye skied once they dropped the rope.  I was on the Dark side all morning and it was very nice...I do like junk snow
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Good to hear! I only skied up top very early before skiing down low with my kids for the rest of the morning. Didn't get much of a chance to explore.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Yeah, today was really good. Hawkeye was awesome with soft bumps, Lies was just surfing on soft snow all the way to the bottom - sweet, and the trees were actually really nice cream cheese with enough coverage to pick different lines.

It was raining pretty hard at times. I'd say a net gain for the summit, even or loss for the base. Yesterday was horrible, ice with piles of sugar every once in a while. Terrible crowd yesterday, too. Lots of yahoos, idiots, and just general cluelessness everywhere.

Today was good enough to make it a successful weekend, though. Empty, too. Good times.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I heard that Saturday's bump contest will be on the upper mountain (not those horrible fake mounds of death on arena).

I'm hoping they just leave the nice bumps on Hawkeye, let them freeze up, then blow some snow on top of them Thursday/Friday. There are already a couple of nice spots for airs. Have the contest there!
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
mattchuck2 wrote
I heard that Saturday's bump contest will be on the upper mountain (not those horrible fake mounds of death on arena).

I'm hoping they just leave the nice bumps on Hawkeye, let them freeze up, then blow some snow on top of them Thursday/Friday. There are already a couple of nice spots for airs. Have the contest there!
Are you entering?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I haven't for many years... But if I like the course, might be fun to be the only Tele skier...
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
Mixed bag today.  Showcase, Uncas, lower part of hawk, pit, lies all skied great.  Twister was Adirondack hard pack.  I don't think they have the groomers set too deep yet.  As the day went most of the loose stuff was blown off.  At 2pm it was -18 and windy as all get out at the summit.  Called it at 3pm.  Made the mistake of taking a ride on the AE2 at 1:30pm... the entire run was cold ass pass.
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
Powder day... at least as good as one as we have seen yet.  Great powder that held out throughout the day.  Its a bit slow but had fresh wax today.  Twister skied EXCELLENT today.  High peaks was not spinning today for whatever reason.  I think due to the ice conditions over there.  Showcase was also a great run of the day.  Ropes dropped to burnt ridge at 11am.  That cord they posted on facebook yesterday was a complete lie.  The main headwall is a wreck.  They didn't cover it enough so the grading/terracing on that headwall is exposed.  It is kind of this weird whaleback/trough thing.  Was not expecting that.  With it not being groomed expect that run to be cut up to crap tomorrow.  Overall though this storm really helped things out.  Good snow that is sticking around.  They have groomed deeper and are starting to bust that up.  Lies, uncas, and Pit still have the ice problem but it is getting better.  
1 ... 567891011 ... 29