1 ... 12131415161718 ... 29
sig
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

sig
This post was updated on .
was not bad today. a good hard pack on most trails the snow in the glades is still real soft if you can find a stash. never made it to the top. found that little stash on ridge runner glade at little gore. at least i started on that glade.. not sure i  finished on it. never been to little gore before.
frk
Reply | Threaded
|

frk
In reply to this post by Harvey
i have skied it numerous times this year and found nothing to suggest it has been widened. also, it appears to be covered mostly in natural snow. it is lacking the odd, sharp snow making bumps and the headwall snow cover appears natural too. too bad it's such a short trail. wish it was much longer. the big question is why would anybody want to widen it?!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
In reply to this post by sig
The top was really good too.  We skied opening bell to absolute closing...I got a stern no when I called down to the sweeper on 46er and asked if I could catch up to him.  Skied Tahawus Glade after 3:30 and it was still awesome.  Chati Glade was really nice.  Rumor was  um  Groomed and we skied it before 9am  I am not a fan of grooming it but the two boarders I had in tow loved it.  Lies was almost the same as Rumor.  Double Barrel was nice as was Straightbrook glade.  There must have been more wind in Ski Bowl Glades because there was a lot of limbs and pine needles all over...didn't really affect the skiing but it was weird.  We weren't at the bowl long but I found things I would like to explore a little more tomorrow and it would be awesome with a new 4 or 5 inches.  Today was a great ski day and it was during a holiday week...I like having the mountain uncrowded during a holiday week but really what are people thinking.  You couldn't ask for better skiing.  It was great to see Mike Pratt today...we miss you Mike, get well soon
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnIrvingwrestles
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Don't post up a statement then complain that you're not getting the type of feedback you desire. The expectation that everyone will love everything you have to say and respond the exact way you want is more condescending that anything I've ever said.

And if maturing means that I tell people to "eff off" when they are just trying to make a point, then I don't really want any part of being "mature". I'll leave that to you. You sound like you're doing a great job of it.

I'm willing to bet that the 70 something lifetime Northern NY battleship of a Dad wasn't upset over your objection to the usage of the word "epic" but rather to  your choice of words, "yuppie", to describe his 40 something year old working class son.  Insulting someone's family member is not providing constructive feedback Junior.....  
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Today was not Epic but it was good...make Epic a new thread...oh by the way, the "Stuck Day" was EPIC
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
Groomed Rumor skied pretty well, but par for the course some dipshit straightlined the headwall as fast as possible seemingly to impress his frozen with fear girlfriend who was stuck at the top. One slip and that guy would have been sliding for life.

The mountain was EMPTY for a holiday week. I didn't mind.

The wind must have been wicked earlier in the week, as there were little bits of blowdown everywhere.

"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by JohnIrvingwrestles
Epic is in the eye of the beholder.

When you reach a certain age, every day will be Epic.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
PeeTex wrote
Epic is in the eye of the beholder.

When you reach a certain age, every day will be Epic.
this ftw
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
H,mmm just tuned in again, have yet to acknowledge the A.rbitrator of S.emantic  S.olutions ruminations ,  been way too busy out skiing in EPIC 😉😉😉 conditions at various venues .  

All language is basically arbitrary anyway since the origen of word meaning is arbitrary to begin with  when it was initially developed .  NB :  Korzybski's  famous tome Science and Sanity as a seminal work in the field of General Semantics .speaks of this and other dilemmas with language interpretation and assignment .. Truly an EPIC work  hahahahha
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote
H,mmm just tuned in again, have yet to acknowledge the A.rbitrator of S.emantic  S.olutions ruminations ,  been way too busy out skiing in EPIC 😉😉😉 conditions at various venues .  

All language is basically arbitrary anyway since the origen of word meaning is arbitrary to begin with  when it was initially developed .  NB :  Korzybski's  famous tome Science and Sanity as a seminal work in the field of General Semantics .speaks of this and other dilemmas with language interpretation and assignment .. Truly an EPIC work  hahahahha
You rawk WD
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thank you Campster , u do too may man . Just havin some sport , ya know how us ole bastids can get sometimes   Ahahahahah😂
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JohnIrvingwrestles
JohnIrvingwrestles wrote
I'm willing to bet that the 70 something lifetime Northern NY battleship of a Dad wasn't upset over your objection to the usage of the word "epic" but rather to your choice of words, "yuppie", to describe his 40 something year old working class son. Insulting someone's family member is not providing constructive feedback Junior.....
I thought "Yuppie" meant "Young Urban Professional". I know it has become kind of a derogatory term for that, but it's far from an insult. Hell, I'm probably considered a yuppie. And you guys can call every day Epic if it makes you happy. Just prepare for people to have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Here's a Louis C.K. Clip:

Money Quote:
As humans, we waste the shit out of our words. We use words like "awesome" and "wonderful" like they're candy. It was awesome? Really? It inspired awe? It was wonderful? Are you serious? It was full of Wonder? You use the word "amazing" to describe a goddamn sandwich at Wendy's. What's going to happen on your wedding day? Or when your first child is born? How will you describe it? You already wasted "amazing" on a fucking sandwich.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Louis CK is hilarious!
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
People should report that it was really deep every day and then everyone can guess if that means 2 inches or 12

Oh wait........that's kind of Gore's reporting methods
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
This is an EPIC thread!!
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Epic thread , about Epic conditions , enjoyed by Epic people who live large and and Epically enjoy poking fun at damn near everything  ðŸ˜ƒðŸ˜€ðŸ˜€ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜³
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
My Stevie Ray Vaughan albums are Epic. Says so on the label
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I think it's epic that Jimi has a SRV collection.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnIrvingwrestles
mattchuck2 wrote
JohnIrvingwrestles wrote
I'm willing to bet that the 70 something lifetime Northern NY battleship of a Dad wasn't upset over your objection to the usage of the word "epic" but rather to  your choice of words, "yuppie", to describe his 40 something year old working class son.  Insulting someone's family member is not providing constructive feedback Junior.....
I thought "Yuppie" meant "Young Urban Professional". I know it has become kind of a derogatory term for that, but it's far from an insult. Hell, I'm probably considered a yuppie.
Given the Urban Dictionary connotative definition of Yuppie: Self absorbed pompous, selfish, spoiled and morally corrupt individuals between the ages of 25 and 40. Yes, it's an insult and yes you most likely are considered one......
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Epic Retort John !
1 ... 12131415161718 ... 29