579 messages Options
1 ... 15161718192021 ... 29
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

PeeTex
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
These posts are pretty boring without any subjective statements at all.
I think they are epic
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
It was more like, "just OK".
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
Skied today as well.  Single digits to start.  BRRRRRR!!!!!  Conditions seem to be a bit better than were posted yesterday.  All the groomed trails were soft and edge able.  Glades are getting thin in spots.  Hit McIntyre, Mineshaft, Otter Slide, Darby and Cave glades.  I learned that Cave glades are uphill vertical before it goes down hill!  :P Best glades cover was in the Cave and Darby runs! They had the North side lift closed, which was too bad, because on Sunday, Northstar had nice bumps that I wanted to ski again.  Oh, well.  I thought Chattiemac had the best snow of the day and lapped that a few times.  Glad to see Ski Patrol was no where near as busy as Sunday when they took several people off the mountain!  It was SOOOOO cold skiing down to the Tannery lift, with my face cover getting frozen around the mouthparts!  :(  Just had to warm myself up with some Cream of Mushroom soup at Cafe Sarah and then the day was complete at Common Roots brewery on the way home for a farmhouse ale and a growler fill of the Dark Ale to pair with some kielbasa from Oscar's.  Now that's a full day!  :D
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
I've always done Cave Glades from the bottom hiking uphill until last Sunday.  There is a drop in early on Ruby Run to avoid that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
Glade Runner wrote
I've always done Cave Glades from the bottom hiking uphill until last Sunday.  There is a drop in early on Ruby Run to avoid that.
I'd love to hear a bit more about this. I hate that hike up to Cave Glades.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Before you fully drop down the hill on Ruby Run just look to your left for a cut in under some branches you should be able to see tracks.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Glade Runner wrote
There are certain things we shouldn't speak about on open Internet forums. Locations of specific happy valleys are one of those things.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
mattchuck2 wrote
Glade Runner wrote
There are certain things we shouldn't speak about on open Internet forums. Locations of specific happy valleys are one of those things.
I don't mind sharing these things at places I know well because I've seen how hard it is to get the same info about places I don't know on here.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Yeah, no shit. That's the point. It's supposed to be hard to find information on stashes. What the fuck?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
mattchuck2 wrote
Yeah, no shit. That's the point. It's supposed to be hard to find information on stashes. What the fuck?
MC, he just doesn't get it
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
Wait for it....Wait for it...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
pro2860 wrote
Wait for it....Wait for it...
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
In reply to this post by pro2860
Sorry for being the one to get the cherished information out in the open!  

You know, your tracks our visible for the secret stashes and entrances right?  

I'm sure I would have figured it out in time.  

yesterday was my first time on Cave.

Anyway, skiing is an athletic pursuit and I'm sure I'll keep reminding myself of this as long as I trudge up to the entrance to Cave glades or skiing Gore's famed horizontal or while listening to others complain as they pole over to the top of Cloud that Gore should put in a magic carpet up there.  :P
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
gebbyfish wrote
You know, your tracks our visible for the secret stashes and entrances right?  
That's obviously not the point and you know it.

Christ, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills on this forum lately. Just have a little fucking decency and don't post entrances to off the map trails on the Internet. People will go in there and get hurt and the areas are not patrolled. It's common sense.

But common sense seems a little hard to come by around here lately, so whatever.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Don't worry, I get it.  I just don't give a fuck.  I know Gore probably better than most of you and enjoy sharing information and receiving it.  In your mind that's a lack of common sense.  In my mind your attitude shows you are a selfish prick.  One of those types that tries to keep people out of areas you think belong to you.  
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
And there it is....
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
If that's what you want to think, fine. I've said my piece.

But I would like to add this: People work hard to clear out these areas, and they are meant to be shared among friends, locals, and cool people AT THE MOUNTAIN, not broadcasted far and wide for any schmuck in the world to read. I have absolutely no problem with you showing your friends around while you're there. I just wish you would be a little more discrete when talking about it online.

I don't think any areas "belong" to me. I do think that you're playing a dangerous and reckless game by posting details that shouldn't be posted.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
  I know Gore probably better than most of you  
Pretty bold statement considering the company you're in
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
The cut in drops you into a marked glade.   And you consider that wreckless?  When you say share with your friends what do you think I'm  doing?  You act like you have to be personal best friends and suck someone's dick for the info.  And who are you to decide who is a cool person?
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I stand by that statement.  I ski there with multiple people that work there.  Let me know maybe I'll get you a free ticket and show you some secret areas sometime.  Oh wait you only ride the groomers, nvm.
1 ... 15161718192021 ... 29