579 messages Options
1 ... 14151617181920 ... 29
frk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

frk
Yes, another EPIC day on sunday. Skied fresh lines in the woods all day. Never had to wait in line. It skied like midweek.This past february was perhaps the best mid winter stretch in many years.
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
Holy hard pack today.  Never got above -5 at the Gondola.  Wind was whipping all day so never made it over to Burnt Ridge.  Everything up top got groomed.... and all the loose stuff got blown into the woods.  It was all edgeable hard pack.  Run of the day was Quicksilver... stayed really loose.  Dropped into the woods twice only to find extremely hard mounds... ducked out both times.  Gondola was running slow and the ADK2 was running with a few brave people.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
In reply to this post by frk
frk wrote
Yes, another EPIC day on sunday. Skied fresh lines in the woods all day. Never had to wait in line. It skied like midweek.This past february was perhaps the best mid winter stretch in many years.
I was there Sunday.  While it was a pretty good day, epic is not a word I would use to describe the day.
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
i was at gore on wed  it is nice hard pack. very edge able ...... 2 inches saturday night did not make it epic.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Mr epic every single time walks it back
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Thacheronix wrote
Mr epic every single time walks it back
WTF are you talking about?  How many days did I describe a day as epic?  Maybe a few midweek with no crowd and a foot plus of untouched on the ground.  Get a clue moron.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
Sorry kid figured it was fair with all the bragging.  You said you went where the conditions are epic every time, thought you were serious
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Thacheronix wrote
Sorry kid figured it was fair with all the bragging.  You said you went where the conditions are epic every time, thought you were serious
Not a kid asshole.  Yea I try to hit the best conditions possible but, I don't throw around the word epic.  You obviously have a problem with me according to every comment you make towards me.  Whose the kid asshole?
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
^
Zoinks!

Good conditions supposed to bring out the best in us! Ease up folks, enjoy what we've got. This nastiness usually reserved for January thaws....

Sunday was great. Temps, coverage, vibe, sun.

ps I'm on the growing list of folks to vow never to use that E word...for legit or in jest. As overplayed as the gopro....but that's a topic for another thread....

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
SIAWOL wrote
^
Zoinks!

Good conditions supposed to bring out the best in us! Ease up folks, enjoy what we've got. This nastiness usually reserved for January thaws....
^^^^This theory has definitely been proved to be false! Once again, Noah was right...
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by SIAWOL
SIAWOL wrote
^
Zoinks!

Yeah, checking this board for Gore conditions is getting to be a downer -- so many folks with chips on their shoulder or something to prove.

That's why I use my real name on these kinds of things.  Keeps me in check before I start cursing someone out over stupid shit, like grammar or subjective experience.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

takeahike46er
Skied today. The mountain could use some fresh snow, IMO. The glades that I skied, both on-and-off the map, have been hit pretty hard with skier traffic. All other trails have been groomed flat and were skiing fast. Good conditions for letting the boards rip but little else.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Petronio
Isn't a conditions thread based on subjective experience kind of useless?
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
I found it very useful...Tomorrow would be for my Whiteface skis...Thanks for the report
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
My opinion is objective, yours is subjective - just say'in
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Lateski
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
What are your Whiteface skis?
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
I'd consider the report I assume you are referring to more descriptive than  subjective like the ones that just state Gore skied great today
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Better than...Gore skied like crap today...My Whiteface skis have a little more camber and much better edges than my Gore skis.  I actually skied them at Whiteface yesterday.  Conditions are what the skier describes what they found at the mountain...much better than epic tangents
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
No, I agree with that -- this thread should be about conditions, not experiences.  That is what the Trip Reports folder is for.  But then the response should be, "Give us an objective description of the conditions", not "I disagree with your subjective impression of your skiing experience."

In any event, there is already enough thread drift.  I'm shutting up.

Petronio
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Skied today. Most of the mountain is hard and fast. Anything that was groomed skied well, for example Uncas or Chatiemac. Some of the woods are good and some are fast and /or beat up. (These posts are pretty boring without any subjective statements at all.)
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
1 ... 14151617181920 ... 29