classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
579 messages Options
1 ... 11121314151617 ... 29
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

sudsnbumps
Cirque was closed?   Skied pretty awesome today.  Freshies from a slot in all that safety netting.  And I did not duck a rope   Ski Bowl was the best today...or was it the Dark Side...but the aforementioned trail is probably my favorite on the mountain, ski bowl glades would be next.  That little coating today really helped
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
sudsnbumps wrote
Cirque was closed?   Skied pretty awesome today.  Freshies from a slot in all that safety netting.  And I did not duck a rope   Ski Bowl was the best today...or was it the Dark Side...but the aforementioned trail is probably my favorite on the mountain, ski bowl glades would be next.  That little coating today really helped
Agreed.  That wetter snow has all dried out.  Wood had good coverage.  The more accessible glades are really tracked up but still a lot of fun... everything is very soft.  Sagamore was decent today, that ice thing it does on the last headwall showed its face a bit today.  Uncas skied great well into the afternoon.  Not going up tomorrow due to the temps/wind... see ya on the otherside of the blackout.  
Reply | Threaded
|

CPTele
A bit of a late report... was at Gore on Wednesday. Bottom line is... hands down best ski day in the last 3-4 years (for me at least) . Mountain is in fantastic shape.  No wind.  Bluebird skies. Temps in the low 20s.

Top picks of the day:
Sagamore
Topridge
Uncas (thick tracked pow when taking the left Y)

Otter slide, tahawus and chatterbox glades all excellent (only ones we tried)

Bonus untracked lines on Little Dipper and Ward Hill.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
The wind/cold was not an issue today, at the Ski Bowl.

It was zero this morning and maybe got up to 5 degrees? There was almost no wind at all on the Hudson Chair.

The trails were Pow approved with new snow on top of cord.

Stayed in the trees mostly and saw only our own tracks for most of the morning.

The three inches from overnight was blown into the troughs and made the trees really nice.

BRQ was down most of the day. We stayed in the bowl as that was our plan anyway.

Great day with Bob, Yukon and Shaman.

Now it's cold. Wind howling and temps dropped to -10 from +5 above in less than an hour.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
My son and his colleagues came up from NYC had an epic day yesterday at Gore , the gondi was a welcome ride but the skiing was awesome . I unfortunately was sidelined this weekend but plan on a few mid week trips this week
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Let's not go crazy with the word "epic". A bunch of yuppies coming up from NYC to ski 6 day old snow on a freezing cold holiday weekend is about as far from "epic" as you can get.

Try to preserve whatever meaning that word still has left.

A "solid" day. A "good" day. An "above average" day. These adjectives are all available for your use.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
I'm thinking "epic" is all about perspective. When you get to ski 40-60 days a season, you up the "epic" ante. One man's "epic" is another mans "pretty good day". I had 3 or 4 "pretty great" ski days this week that would have been "epic" for me 10 years ago.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Yo matt chill out with the buzzkill u aint all that young man !
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
warp daddy wrote
Yo matt chill out with the buzzkill u aint all that young man !
Sorry if it was a buzzkill, just trying to get the terminology right so we can all agree on the meaning of words.

And sorry to be the one to tell you, but I actually am "all that".
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Matt unfortunatly ' You have yet to mature. And as a result ,  act  as if  you are a legend in your own mind

and display it regularly with belittling condesension at others expense .

When i want your opinion i will ask for it , till then  eff off.

Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
Let's not go crazy with the word "epic". A bunch of yuppies coming up from NYC to ski 6 day old snow on a freezing cold holiday weekend is about as far from "epic" as you can get.

Try to preserve whatever meaning that word still has left.

A "solid" day. A "good" day. An "above average" day. These adjectives are all available for your use.
Patrolman Mattchuck from the Word Police - at your service.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
Matt unfortunatly ' You have yet to mature. And as a result ,  act  as if  you are a legend in your own mind

and display it regularly with belittling condesension at others expense .

When i want your opinion i will ask for it , till then  eff off.
The very fact that you're posting on an internet forum means you want opinions, feedback, and reaction to the things you say. Otherwise, you would just keep everything to yourself.

Don't post up a statement then complain that you're not getting the type of feedback you desire. The expectation that everyone will love everything you have to say and respond the exact way you want is more condescending that anything I've ever said.

And if maturing means that I tell people to "eff off" when they are just trying to make a point, then I don't really want any part of being "mature". I'll leave that to you. You sound like you're doing a great job of it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
I'm also getting tired of hearing people call everything epic.  I try not to use the word but, I have actually been on quite a few of those days this year.  Just because some of you aren't ski legends, don't bash people who are or strive to be.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by warp daddy
warp daddy wrote
Matt unfortunatly ' You have yet to mature. And as a result ,  act  as if  you are a legend in your own mind and display it regularly with belittling condesension at others expense .
No, no, no. He's just an epic exspouser of excrement.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
I'll reserve "epic" for days like Dec 13 when we got stuck at the summit with about 50 other skiers after the gondi crapped out. That was an epic day. That said, the skiing was pretty darned fine on Saturday, with packed powder on the trails, woods in play 100%, light crowds and perfect winter weather (low teens, light snow).  Epic no, but solid for sure.

You wouldn't expect to see Hawkeye this uncrowded at mid-morning on the Saturday of a holiday weekend, but it was:

The woods are skiing great.  The last storm really topped off the coverage nicely.  Skied a few lines that I haven't been in for a while, including this one (that's my brother up there... C'mon man, commit!):

Anyhow, great day.  Saw Harv's tr from the Ski Bowl on Sunday, did anyone ski the main mountain 2/15? Heard there were some lift closures.
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
Has Stielhang been groomed recently?  I know they widened it this year so they could.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
snoloco wrote
I know they widened it this year...
I don't know this. Or at least I haven't seen it.  Can anyone verify this tragedy?

Epic days should be long days. Maybe bell-to-bell or longer. And yeah really good too.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
Has Stielhang been groomed recently?  I know they widened it this year so they could.
Nope & nope.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
God I hope not - I've been to Gore only once and I know that trail would be ruined if it was groomed. It was too much fun..
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
jimvdak wrote
snoloco wrote
God I hope not - I've been to Gore only once and I know that trail would be ruined if it was groomed. It was too much fun..
NOTE TO GORE MANAGEMENT - LEAVE STIELHANG ALONE PLEASE!
1 ... 11121314151617 ... 29