Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gore Conditions

DomB
freeheeln wrote
EPIC thread drift
Good call, Freeheelin.  Speaking of which, I am heading to Gore this weekend for my first time ever, so anyone want to bring this back on topic and discuss the conditions ; )
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by JohnIrvingwrestles
JohnIrvingwrestles wrote
Given the Urban Dictionary connotative definition of Yuppie: Self absorbed pompous, selfish, spoiled and morally corrupt individuals between the ages of 25 and 40.
If you want to use the Urban Dictionary as a reference, maybe you should look up the various definitions of the name "John" and see if you still feel it's a reliable source. The Wikipedia definition is exactly what I said, and adds "makes a lot of money", if that helps you feel better about it.

If you want to get offended by me using the word "yuppies" to describe a group of people from NYC, fine. But I'd think you could find more substantial things to be offended about.
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnIrvingwrestles
This post was updated on .
mattchuck2 wrote
If you want to get offended by me using the word "yuppies" to describe a group of people from NYC, fine. But I'd think you could find more substantial things to be offended about.

You're right, next time I'll tthrow a sh!tf!t when someone uses the word "epic" ...... Now that would be something substantial to be offended by.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I wasn't offended and it wasn't a shitfit. I just prefer that words are used in their correct context.

Who are you, anyway? You're from Oregon, but you're posting in the Gore Conditions thread (your only two posts ever) only to argue with me? Do you have anything else going on?

Where do you ski out there? Mt. Hood Meadows? Bachelor? Do you Mountain Bike too? Where in the state do you live? Do you like living out there? What do you do for work?
Reply | Threaded
|

JohnIrvingwrestles
Sorry Matt , I just really don't like yuppies and frankly just wanted to troll a yuppie troll : )
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Gore was Epic today!  Ok maybe not but 3 or 4 inches really patched things up in certain places...while the wind created a Sunway double diamond.  The bowl was windier than expected but warmer. Summit was the warmest and least windy but powder on the Darkside was nice.  Left side of Abanakee had windblown drifts 18" deep.  Condor thanks for the adventure.  Gore is currently skiing fantastic (in many places) Conditions thread right?
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
JohnIrvingwrestles wrote
Given the Urban Dictionary connotative definition of Yuppie: Self absorbed pompous, selfish, spoiled and morally corrupt individuals between the ages of 25 and 40. Yes, it's an insult and yes you most likely are considered one......
The new guy is very discerning..... and funny !  He sure pegged Matt quick.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JohnIrvingwrestles wrote
Sorry Matt , I just really don't like yuppies and just wanted to troll a yuppie troll : )
I've been on ski forums far too long to be considered a troll. But you did a great job of it. You made no valid points, you are calling me a name that I called myself, and you made yourself look like a petty little child. So, mission accomplished?

If you want to have an actual conversation, though, I am generally interested in how you found this place, where you ski, and how you like living in Oregon. I think we have a New Member Introduction thread you could use.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I figured John was just Warp's son, the one up from NYC who had the epic day with his colleagues.  Maybe not, if he's from Oregon.....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
I figured John was just Warp's son, the one up from NYC who had the epic day with his colleagues.  Maybe not, if he's from Oregon.....
I thought it might have been, too, but his profile said ZigZag, Oregon, which seems like an awesome place to live (but a strange place of origin for someone posting in a "Gore Conditions" thread).

Well, if it is his son, and he objects to being called a young, urban professional, I'll take the young and professional parts out, and I'll just call him an urbanite if he likes that better.

But I still say the day wasn't epic.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JohnIrvingWrestles ---- hmmmm ---- interesting
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by sudsnbumps
Actually snowballs its pretty easy ...

Just MATTY being Matty and lord knows we hang on his every word because he is a self proclaimed famous internet skier ,doncha know 😝, he also Arbitrates Semantic Solutions .
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
wanted to get an early start today, but should have done the snow removal Saturday night in that case, as we had about six inches of snow and had to do it this morning.  I think Gore had about 2 or 3 inches last night.  It was a bluebird day!  Just windy enough to clear the clouds but not make it miserable and that helped bring the sun out.  My initial intent was to go to the ski bowl, but I should have started there as I didn't have the whole day and didn't get over there as a result.  Tahawus, McIntyre, Barkeater, Otter Slide, Birch Bark Alley glades all with some good cover.  North Star had some nice bumps and good snow and hit it a couple of times.  Several skiers taken off the mountain with injuries and I heard someone was taken off by helicopter after being sledded down from Rumor with two femur fractures this weekend, so be careful out there!  Hope we get some more snow, because the base is thin in some spots, with brown showing through in the usual locations on Sagamore, though I didn't see that anywhere else.  Echo was closed for racing, so unless you were hitting the woods or lapping Sagamore, Burnt Ridge Quad was not the place to be.    36 degrees at the base, it was a heat wave!  Crowds weren't too bad, with cars on the road, just past lot F.  
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
They opened Echo late after racing.  The ski bowl was really nice and uncrowded when I was there, late morning until around 1.  Everything was in play except that a grumpy ski patroller was trying to keep people off 46er...he wasn't doing a great job of it as I have never skied it from the top with such great cover...I mean I was told.  I did not duck the rope
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
How much snow did Gore get Sat. night - Sunday morning? I thought Saturday's conditions were very "meh". Trails were pretty wind-whipped, bottom was getting icy, light was flat, and things were relatively crowded. Sagamore was pretty solid. Lies was fun for a while. Rumor was "variable" at best. The woods were OK. I would have to think anything fresh snow made things nice in there on Sunday.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
How much snow did Gore get Sat. night - Sunday morning?
Gore reported 2" overnight (Sat/Sun).

http://directory.nyskiblog.com/Gore-Mountain-Snow-Totals-2014-2015-td5001494.html
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Thanks. We got about 8 at my house. Made the right call going to West.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
I don't know YC!  I think you missed out.  It was "epic"!
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
 Glad you had fun.
1 ... 13141516171819 ... 29