Gore Conditions (2018 - 2019)

669 messages Options
12345678 ... 67
MikePom MikePom
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Re: Gore Conditions

Interestingly enough the Whiteface cam is down also with an image of June posted.

Tragic drain to an exciting first snow day.

They did have this image of Whiteface summit posted.

Whiteface summit

Looks frosty!
MikePom MikePom
Reply |

Does anyone know if Gore summit picked up some frozen precip yesterday?
Hudsonhiker Hudsonhiker
Reply |

nothing that stayed on the ground, but it snowed sleeted late morning til about 2 pm when we left the summit. I hiked with the ADK mt. club. We ate lunch in the old summit warming hut since it was cold and windy at the picnic tables. we walked up the Schaeffer Trail past the reservoir. There is no water in the pond. They must be working on the dam, lot of construction stuff across the way. Nice hike about 5 miles one way. Good day in the woods.
Johnnyonthespot Johnnyonthespot
Reply |

Anybody have pictures of the Tannery construction?
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

Well Goreons looks like you are getting computer controlled snowmaking and 40% more water capacity and about as much in extra beer capacity as well.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply |

PeeTex wrote
Well Goreons looks like you are getting computer controlled snowmaking and 40% more water capacity and about as much in extra beer capacity as well.
Like more brands of beer or just more flow of current selection?
Passes arrived.
PeeTex PeeTex
Reply |

Johnnyonthespot wrote
PeeTex wrote
Passes arrived.
A bigger bar which means more flow. Brands - I don't know. I don't even know what they serve now as I can't recall the last time I bought one there. The 6 pack in a cooler works much better.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Darkside Shaman Darkside Shaman
Reply |

PeeTex wrote
Johnnyonthespot wrote
PeeTex wrote
Passes arrived.
A bigger bar which means more flow. Brands - I don't know. I don't even know what they serve now as I can't recall the last time I bought one there. The 6 pack in a cooler works much better.
If ORDA does what ORDA does, the new bar will be a fucking joke just like the new bar at WF, what a complete ugly disaster.
Gotta go to know
Reply |

Darkside Shaman wrote
PeeTex wrote
Johnnyonthespot wrote
PeeTex wrote
Passes arrived.
If ORDA does what ORDA does, the new bar will be a fucking joke just like the new bar at WF, what a complete ugly disaster.
More Gore!
MikePom MikePom
Reply |

As I am obsessed with winter weather, I thought I might share the 10 Day Forecast with everyone.  If it pans out as predicted, things might get very interesting, very quickly.

10 Day Forecast
Image courtesy of Weather Underground

And, looking at my timer, the set up here for natural and manmade snow as a lead up to opening day may be a home run!

Gore Timer

I would say it is time to start packing the boot bag!
12345678 ... 67