classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
637 messages Options
1 ... 78910111213 ... 32
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Greek Peak Conditions

Turd Ferguson
I asked about the scanning when I was there on Sunday.  Guy with the scanner said they had already noticed quite a few people ski up to the lift (or come out to put their skis on), see the scanner, and turn around and either leave, or go purchase a ticket.  He said it was pretty noticeable.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
L.p. ppmI'm not surprised. They didn't check very often last year but one day when they were checking at chair 2 we were told that they caught 7 people without a ticket  in the first hour the chair was running.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by pro2860
pro2860 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
WHOA!! If Dozer is running the line he'll get shit straightened out ---- I guarantee peeps will listen to what he has to say
Lol...Nobody was arguing with Ron! Hopefully he will train the other lifties.
I hope they truly do have Dozer train the other lifties ---- Given his background, you know he has excellent management skills and has trained people before.

Too funny about people turning around and purchasing lift tickets!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Back in my youth I used to park over at the I think its the bear chair at K and just go get on the lift.  I only did it a couple of times but never got caught.  
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
In reply to this post by Rj1972
I think that the concept that the price of a lift ticket equals the daily salary of one employee puts things in perspective.  I will stop complaining about the scanners now.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by D.B. Cooper
D.B. Cooper wrote
   Let the data mining begin!  
LOL --- it's a wonderful thing and it works!!
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
Despite a late start, I got in 9 chilly runs today. Iliad was crap, but that's what happens when you take your first run at 11:30, I guess.:p  Fields was slightly better
The place to be was Trojan. I wish we had figured it out sooner. Nice snow and nobody there. 😁

(No scanner today.)
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Great crowd in Trax yesterday --- I'd guess there are a lot of peeps staying at the Lodge this week. Was nice to see the fresh paint as well
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Skied a few hours yesterday afternoon. Conditions were ok. Ody was open but I heard it was terrible so avoided it. Top of Iliad was slick as usual, as was the top of Alcmene.

The scanning sucks. I arrived at 1:30 and there was one guy scanning. After a few runs the line built up to about 8 groups deep in each slot, there were empty chairs going up right and left.

GPPartner:

1) The scanning sucks. You have a customer sat issue developing. Fix it.

2) Please for all that is holy, put up a f'ing sign that shows people how to load the quad by putting their legs against the gates so the gates open instead of letting empty chairs go by.

3) You supposedly have a bunch of new snow guns. Where the hell are they? Turn them on.

4) Please set up a singles line, and please have someone manage the lines. Taking turns seems to be a difficult concept, especially when the race kids are there.
Reply | Threaded
|

GPPartner
billy Mc ,
Let’s take a couple of runs together, so i can see what you are seeing.  I skied yesterday without a problem, even poached Olympian with my son- beautiful off the record.  Anyway you can always text or email me as i would love to listen.   All the best and enjoy today’s heat wave and fresh northeast POW 1-2”.  
Happy New Years
607-857-3176
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You're one class act GPP ---- I truly appreciate your involvement in the shitshow here
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Cool...I will. Not today because I"m there with my kids today, but I'll get in touch with you.

The backup from the scanners was resolved after a half hour or so.

As for the singles line in the lift line...just look. It's not there.

Will be in touch. It is great that you're here. I want you guys to have long lines because you have  lots of customers...not because the lift can't load right.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
The singles line has been there, although perhaps not well marked. It was very well marked today, though. 😁
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
wonderpony wrote
The singles line has been there, although perhaps not well marked. It was very well marked today, though. 😁
I did see it yesterday.

Conditions were very good with a bit of new snow.

But the lift line sucked. Nobody managing the queue. And the quad stopped SO much, and frequently for a long time. We had at least one stop on every ride, multiple stops on most...including a nice ride with 5 stops.

I know - it will be different next week when there are fewer people there.
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
billyymc wrote

But the lift line sucked. Nobody managing the queue. And the quad stopped SO much, and frequently for a long time. We had at least one stop on every ride, multiple stops on most...including a nice ride with 5 stops.

Not familiar with Greek, do beginners use the quad along with intermediates and advanced skiers/boarders?  Wondering if the stops happen often because someone messes up loading.  Lifties can help but only so much.  Do they typically slow the lift for beginners?
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
marznc wrote
billyymc wrote

Not familiar with Greek, do beginners use the quad along with intermediates and advanced skiers/boarders?  Wondering if the stops happen often because someone messes up loading.  Lifties can help but only so much.  Do they typically slow the lift for beginners?
I think the lift stops mainly due to people falling while unloading. I was at Greek on Friday and rode the quad 3 times and the lift stopped 3 times on each trip.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
I've been up in the Arctic, which is Killington, this week, but saw that GP is only running 1A, 3, and 4. The challenge is that 1A is used to service all ability levels. The main mountain used to only service intermediate and advanced terrain, but then Karyatis was cut for the beginners.

If they would actually run chair 2, some of the stopping and starting might be reduced, but people still need to pay attention.I am completely dumbfounded that chair 2 is not running. Is anyone aware that we are in the midst of Christmas/New Years weeks? Non-locals visiting Greek may be making decisions where to travel to later in the ski season.
Reply | Threaded
|

wonderpony
I am not sure there were enough people yesterday to warrant lift 2 being open. Plus, what could you access from there?
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
Yeah, I heard that there were virtually no crowds, which is an absolute shame. Castor is a great beginner trail, and while it can be accessed off of 1A, it’s not the easiest for beginners to pole across Epicurus to get there. Plus, there’s customer perception of a ski resort that only has 3 chairs running during a prime holiday period.

I know it was frigid, which likely kept some away, but those staying at HLL are paying an appreciable amount to access the slopes. The out of town guests is where the money is at.

The resort hired a consultant this year, so we shall see if it helps.
Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Rj1972 wrote
Yeah, I heard that there were virtually no crowds, which is an absolute shame. Castor is a great beginner trail, and while it can be accessed off of 1A, it’s not the easiest for beginners to pole across Epicurus to get there. Plus, there’s customer perception of a ski resort that only has 3 chairs running during a prime holiday period.

I know it was frigid, which likely kept some away, but those staying at HLL are paying an appreciable amount to access the slopes. The out of town guests is where the money is at.

The resort hired a consultant this year, so we shall see if it helps.
Right - if they'd opened Chair 2 it would have alleviated a lot of beginner riders from 1A. Kids like chair 2.

They don't need a consultant. They just need to walk around and look and apply common sense. Put themselves in the shoes of the customers.
1 ... 78910111213 ... 32