classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
183 messages Options
1 ... 345678910
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Hickory Conditions

Cornhead
  I'm in Albany now, should be early, I'll be wearing a black jacket, olive drab pants, black Smith helmet. If you see an overweight, bald, middle aged man in the lodge with a goatee, that'd be me. I emailed Powder Queen, I thought I saw she was going, not sure though.
Reply | Threaded
|

evergreen
We went to Hickory today for the first time, and all I can say is wow.  What a cool little mountain!  definitely needs another dump, hit way too many rocks even when not in the woods.  Can't wait to go back, its like a little Mad River Glen right under our noses!
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
it was fun.i met a few first timers today. there is a great concrete snow base. it was as crowded as i have ever seen it. the 10 minute lift line allowed me to ski until 2 PM. an new record for me. am i the only one who had there arm ban on?
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
  Just got home, I am S-P-E-N-T, figured I best leave before I hurt myself, took a spill and landed on my bad shoulder, of course. So glad I finally made it to Hickory, it's uber cool, and rocky. I like riding the Pomas, but the combination of not being able to rest on a chair, and some pretty gnarly terrain, takes it's toll. It felt like 4 o'clock when I took my lunch at 11:30. I will definitely return. Sucked that Poma 2 was down so long, it did reopen just before I left.
Reply | Threaded
|

scottski63
This post was updated on .
Woods
what a fun day. Another foot wood definitely help
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
Great meeting Cornhead and Clarence today.  WOW is all I can say  The skis I was on today learned exactly why I bought them.  They float nice, took whatever rocks I may have tapped in stride, and came out on the other end not needing too much ptex.  I left at noon with hopes of returning, but work sort of got in the way and I ended the day with 2.5 hours of ski bowl and Burnt Ridge.  I would love to tell you my run of the day at Hickory but they were all awesome.  It was great to see lift lines and thank you to all those that make Hickory Tick!
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Hickory is just sick. Had such a good time on Saturday.  If you weren't there yoire a fool
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Chris wrote
 If you weren't there yoire a fool
Says yoi.
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by Chris
Chris wrote
Hickory is just sick. Had such a good time on Saturday.  If you weren't there yoire a fool
fixedheeln and i ain't no fools
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Oui know that FH.

Double yoi !
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
This post was updated on .
Ayyy!

I took a couple of these while I was inverted.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Skied Hickory for about 3 hours on Sunday afternoon and had a blast. They had some issues with the lifts, but everyone was patient and rolled with it. Maybe 30 people on the hill. Lots of big piles of natural snow and still some freshies to be had - especially on the low angle stuff. Dipped into the trees and hit bottom quite a bit. Between that and some off trail stuff at West yesterday I am due for some base repair. Based on the boot/knee deep that I skied at west yesterday, Saturday should be awesome at Hickory. I know I'll be there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Buying a Hickory Ticket on a Sunday = Team Player.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Harvey wrote
Buying a Hickory Ticket on a Sunday = Team Player.

I bought some stickers too
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
Wish they had XL's in those EMS Hickory tech shirts... they're out and only have L and XXL
Reply | Threaded
|

moguljunkie
Any thoughts about current conditions? Did they get freezing rain at the end of the last storm?
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
moguljunkie wrote
Any thoughts about current conditions? Did they get freezing rain at the end of the last storm?
When Sunday? I was there until almost 4pm and there was none of the freezing rain/mist that was reported up at gore. The mountain was in very good shape. Based on the snow I skied at West on Monday afternoon it should be really good on Saturday. It has been cold all week so hopefully the snow has kept nice and fluffy.
Reply | Threaded
|

BaldyLapper
I skied it Tuesday morning before work and it was great.  4-6 inches from Monday and lots of leftovers from the weekend.  Should be good for the weekend.  Wondering what the temp swings will do to snow pack though?

Reply | Threaded
|

jimvdak
Question: We'll be up that way next weekend and I'm thinking of skiing Hickory - my boyfriend doesn't ski black diamond though; is there enough for him to do at Hickory? Are the blues off Poma 1 accessible without going down the blacks?

Thanks!
*~It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport.~*  -Fridtjof Nansen
Reply | Threaded
|

GetAmped
Yes, he can get off poma 1 at the midstation and ski the blues from there. If he gets proficient enough to ride poma 2 he can take Ridge Run from the top.
1 ... 345678910