classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
155 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Mets

Spongeworthy
Harvey wrote
Last night's blowout I can live with. Game One bummed me out.
But Game One was a classic.

I read that KC swung and missed on only three pitches all night in Game Two. That's a dangerous team.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
I agree....KC played an almost faultless game on Wednesday night. Johnny Cueto, who historically is one of those good pitcher/bad pitcher multiple personality-type guys, was able to summon his best qualities and he stymied the Mets' bats. DeGrom layed an egg at the most inopportune time. Oh, well....

The tone for the rest of the series will be dictated tonight. I hope someone like Duda or D'Arnau get hot and light a fire for this team.
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
LOL on that first pitch...

David Wright: "It just got away from him there was no intent."

Nice to see cap'n strike.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
They need to come out tonight with the same intensity as last night.  I have a good feeling about Matz...  But, as a lifelong Met fan so I'm still filled with some angst until the fat lady sings.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Harvey
Did you see the interview with Thor after the game.  He admitted throwing at him.  Things are going to testy tonight.  I'm predicting a bench clearing at least once.

Great to see Wright homer.

Go Mets!
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Coach Z wrote
Did you see the interview with Thor after the game.
Yea I saw it. Need to get their stories straight!

I don't totally get why he did it, but I guess it worked.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Put a fork in them, Mets are done.

That series was a case study in why Murphy and Cespedes won't be back next year. Shitty defense is a liability in close games.
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
mattchuck2 wrote

That series was a case study in why Murphy and Cespedes won't be back next year. Shitty defense is a liability in close games.
Without Cespedes they would not have made it to the playoffs.

Without Murphy they would not be in the World Series.

When they put in Clip in the 8th it always seems to be shaky.

I like Familia, but in games 1 and 4 he choked in pressure situations when it mattered the most.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
mattchuck2 wrote

Without Cespedes they would not have made it to the playoffs.

Without Murphy they would not be in the World Series.

When they put in Clip in the 8th it always seems to be shaky.

I like Familia, but in games 1 and 4 he choked in pressure situations when it mattered the most.
All of your points are true, but my point still stands. Murph has always been a defensive liability and Cespedes is a streaky hitter who lollygags around the outfield, costing us runs and bases all series.

And that throw by Duda in the last game was god awful. He had plenty of time to gun him down.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Seems like a decent throw would have nailed him.  (Don't know the new rules on hp collision?)

No doubt the Royals are the champions, they played good to great baseball and made no mistakes.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Harvey's ego cost them that game. Collins was ready to make the switch. If you are do all that bitching you need to come thru
Reply | Threaded
|

Thacheronix
I say it's athlete's job to be confident and the managers job to yank him
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Agreed, but the egomaniac influenced that. Its also the athletes job to perform. He sucked ass in game one and failed to backup his talk last night
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
I'm hanging the loss on Terrible Collins here. Bring back Willie!
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
ml242 wrote
I'm hanging the loss on Terrible Collins here. Bring back Willie!
I'm hanging the loss on the fact they didn't hit.

I would have left Harvey in too. He was pitching great and I'd take my chances with him last night over Familia.

I hope Collins gets NL Manager of the Year. I think he deserves it.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
Agreed, but the egomaniac influenced that. Its also the athletes job to perform. He sucked ass in game one and failed to backup his talk last night
We must have been watching different games.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
All of your points are true, but my point still stands. Murph has always been a defensive liability and Cespedes is a streaky hitter who lollygags around the outfield, costing us runs and bases all series.

And that throw by Duda in the last game was god awful. He had plenty of time to gun him down.
True about Murph and Cespedes no player is perfect, but isn't the real point of the whole season to get to the World Series?

Would you rather have Herria or Johnson at 2nd? Do you want Cespedes out all together and put Legaris in center or move Cespedes to left and take Conforto's bat out of the line up?

IMO Murph and Cespedes gave them the best shot.

There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
mattchuck2 wrote

True about Murph and Cespedes no player is perfect, but isn't the real point of the whole season to get to the World Series?

Would you rather have Herria or Johnson at 2nd? Do you want Cespedes out all together and put Legaris in center or move Cespedes to left and take Conforto's bat out of the line up?

I'm not invested in the Mets at all, but Murphy has always been a liability and disapointment for the Mets. Lets someone else pay him, they need consistent bats.

I think Cespedes was pretty hurt, he's way too good and still young enough that it's hard to picture him not hitting again next season, even if he doesn't crush like he did this year till just before the playoffs.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
skimore wrote
We must have been watching different games.
OK maybe sucked ass was a little harsh, but I wouldn't call a 4.5 ERA in game one stellar by any means. Then last night if your going to fbomb the manager to leave you in you better get the job done
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
mattchuck2 wrote

I'm not invested in the Mets at all, but Murphy has always been a liability and disapointment for the Mets. Lets someone else pay him, they need consistent bats.

I think Cespedes was pretty hurt, he's way too good and still young enough that it's hard to picture him not hitting again next season, even if he doesn't crush like he did this year till just before the playoffs.
Cespedes just turned 30 in October. There are many reasons he has been on 4 teams in the last 2 seasons. Murphy turned 30 last April. He too has a lot of flaws to go with his hitting. A big question is if his recent HRs are truly how he will try to hit going forward or will he go back to being a line drive spray hitter. These 2 are tough signing decisions that will be based on the offers they get from other teams.