253 messages Options
12345678 ... 13
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: N Vermont VS tug hill contest

skimore
PowderAssassin wrote
Yeah and I'm sure the NVT resorts do all the work required for the most accurate snowfall measurements that will potentially lower their totals..lol What's your excuse for the jay peak base station? lol
I didn't read any of your drivel regarding Jay so don't know what your referencing

There's an individual in that link I posted that routinely posts a photo of the snow board with the totals. It just happens it's not on the peak where it's blowing sideways
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Dont forget to tally in the 3 to 5 for Jay
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
I don't have time for this anymore to keep track of every snowfall.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
Oh I see, you only want to tally up snow ridge snowfall.  Then why even start this post?  Cause you know Jays going to prove you wrong.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
Oh I see, you only want to tally up snow ridge snowfall.  Then why even start this post?  Cause you know Jays going to prove you wrong.
I'm not tallying up either areas snowfall. I have a life. I thought about how much work that would be checking every single little storm. Just check the climate normals. That tells you anyway.
14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Thats almost an admission that you finally realized you are wrong.  I figured youd have all sorts of time to tallying snowfall totals while you are home too scared to drive to the mountain because of safety and snowy road issues.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
https://m.facebook.com/JayPeakFan/albums/10152882731119441/

screw the 3 to 5 inches looks like they got close to two feet in the last week.   if it conflicts with your agenda why report it?
Reply | Threaded
|

riverc0il
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
I thought about how much work that would be checking every single little storm.
Well, that is one of the problems with your comparison... Jay frequently gets small to moderate snowfall that is not associated with a storm. If you aren't checking everyday and only checking major storms, you're probably missing 1/3 of Jay's snowfall totals. I can tell you first hand that those small snowfalls add up in a major way.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
riverc0il wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Well, that is one of the problems with your comparison... Jay frequently gets small to moderate snowfall that is not associated with a storm. If you aren't checking everyday and only checking major storms, you're probably missing 1/3 of Jay's snowfall totals. I can tell you first hand that those small snowfalls add up in a major way.
Lake effect areas get more of those small snowfalls than anywhere else on the ec. All you need is a wind. Classic example is the keewenaw peninsula. It snows almost everyday during winter. It's also why it's always so cloudy during winter in the great lakes area.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
riverc0il wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Lake effect areas get more of those small snowfalls than anywhere else on the ec. All you need is a wind. Classic example is the keewenaw peninsula. It snows almost everyday during winter. It's also why it's always so cloudy during winter in the great lakes area.
The keewenaw gets an avg of 300 inches a year.  More than snow ridge but, still less than Jay.  But you still conveniently ignore rivercoils point.   You want to skew the results to agree with you and you have no interest in finding the real numbers out.  Since you say Jay over estimates their snow why don't we just compare both of their reported totals at the end of the season and deduct say 10% off Jay's total as a handicap.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
http://www.jaypeakresort.com/skiing-riding/the-mountain/snowfall-charts?view=alltime#charts

So the worst snowfall for a season at Jay in the last 10 years is 251 inches.  Even deducting 10% from their worst year leaves them with 226".   Their best season 423", 380" after 10% is deducted.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Jay's season total is at 82 inches.  Anyone have a report on Snow Ridge?  Their site doesn't give a total.  I guess it also hurts that most of the snow from their first storm melted.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
I understand you cant get the full Jay experience because your ability level doesn't let you explore the woods.
It has nothing to do with ability level. There's nothing core about your average glade there. It's about being safe. It's like saying I don't have the talent to ski without a helmet
Bwahaha! Do walk around wrapped up in bubble wrap?!?

Lets not confuse safety with being a p#ssy.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Made me laugh
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
You do realize if you just add up what the resorts in N VT report than you're basically doing nothing but spitting out their own averages THEY claim. The whole point was that I think they exaggerate. DUH! So it's meaningless to report resort reports. Why not try nws stations in the area. You already have YEARS of data from the jay peak station. :)
Have fun guys! I'm leaving this site now! Most people on the internet are complete morons.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
You do realize if you just add up what the resorts in N VT report than you're basically doing nothing but spitting out their own averages THEY claim. The whole point was that I think they exaggerate. DUH! So it's meaningless to report resort reports. Why not try nws stations in the area. You already have YEARS of data from the jay peak station. :)
Have fun guys! I'm leaving this site now! Most people on the internet are complete morons.
Dude, I have watched naoo.  Almost considering getting up to Jay within a week because I see them getting snow Tues night though Friday.  Don't be a baby.  I want you to see the powder pics I post in a week at Jay.  A lot of it is also based off the pictures people post up that have been there.  You know experiencing it themselves, not sitting home on the internet.

Reply | Threaded
|

louie.mirags
I have only been here a week and I can tell ya nobody is going to be sad you're leaving. Please just go quietly
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Jay is going to get hit hard with snow for the next 5 days while areas south get a mid 30s and rain. Too bad it will end up in all those tasty trees.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
My suggestion is to cease and desist on on threads started by PowAss
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242

Look at that bright yellow spec in northern VT, I bet some good turns were had there this week.
12345678 ... 13