460 messages Options
1 ... 11121314151617 ... 23
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sweet Car Thread.

Cunningstunts
Banned User
You guys ever have any project cars?  I haven't had one in a few years.  I got into racing karts and I haven't got back into cars since.

Miatas are fun.  They are actually really fun to race.  I drove a friends competitively and it was very revealing.  They are the kind of car that tells you exactly what your are doing right, or wrong.  I realized this, and could drive them pretty fast, but one mistake and you were slow.  It's not until I started racing karts did this all really add up and did I really get a lot better at knowing than reacting.  Most people in a race career start in karts and move to cars, I did the other way.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

The series continues. Rednecks on a road course. I'm the kart in the lead, until two to go. The guy that beat me got so excited he crashed after the finish line
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Sweet Unimog, if I had my druthers I'd have one of the older ones...

Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts

Take a ride along. I love the sound of these little methanol engines.

Unimogs are cool, if you have a place to use them. Pretty expensive too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

Not a car at all.  Another kart shot.

Most of the kart chassis' I ran were from a local company called Coyote.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
I came across this particularly awesome S2000 when doing a little digging the other day:

This is a 1978 Lola T492.  Originally it would have been raced in S2 or S2000 sports racing class with a Ford Pinto engine making around 150 hp on its best day.  This one is particularly unique in that it has been retrofitted with a Cosworth 2L DOHC engine making around 210 hp - a significant boost in a car this light!

A friend of mine had a Lola S2 but I don't recall which chassis his was - more modern than this one I believe.

The cars are really cool - a monocoque front half with a tube chassis in the rear half.  The aluminum monocoque is a thing of beauty:

This is a quite a machine for a club racer.  Despite the modest engine, which was chosen to keep costs down, it is a true purpose-built, race machine.

To see all the pics of this glorious car, go here:

http://www.britishracecar.com/WalterDavies-Lola-T492.htm
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This rig would get you to the slopes in fine style:

Full story in Adventure Journal.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Looks like a rad rally machine.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
No doubt one of the coolest winter rides ever --- no place to throw a deer so it's a no-go fer me
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
campgottagopee wrote
 no place to throw a deer so it's a no-go fer me
Strap it right to the whale tail.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Cunningstunts wrote
campgottagopee wrote
 no place to throw a deer so it's a no-go fer me
Strap it right to the whale tail.
Gotta watch for the deer hair clogging up the intake though:

More pics and build details on the build at the Kelly Moss Motorsports website.

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Went down the rabbithole and found the Camp-mobile. As long as you can heave Bambi up onto the roof rack, you are good to go:

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
That thing is totally Rad

Too much respect for a machine like that to even get blood on it. Maybe I'll just get one to drive to work
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Camping you getting any of those s209s? That looks like a mean like bastard.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
At this point I'm not sure. Only 200 being made, shouldn't they build 209? That would make for better marketing.
I can put a sold order in for you when the order bank opens and we'll see what happens.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
Maybe not a sweet car, but this sort of sweet truck is getting an 8' Plow. Hoping to have it mounted before the snow this weekend. The frame is mounted, but the wiring is a little tricky. This should make winter all that much more enjoyable. Also, I sprayed the entire truck with a thick layer of Fluid film, which is basically Sheeps oil (Lanolin) to keep the rust off it. This should make winter all that much more enjoyable.

I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Nice truck and sure, it belongs here. If you need parts, my neighbour has about 10 of them stashed in the bush behind his house, keeping the one plow truck on the road.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
Haha, thanks.

There's plenty of them around here as well. In fact I already have it's little brother sitting in my driveway, which will ultimately be its donor truck. It was my grandfather bought new the year I was born, Then it was my dad's for years, and now I am running it as a winter beater to reduce the wear and tear of the Salt, and poor fuel mileage during cold days on the bigger truck.

I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This just wheeled up  ----- It's beauty in it's simplicity

TJ --- any updates on your ride?? It's getting to be that time of year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
OK, I know this is the "sweet car thread" but I figured y'all wouldn't mind a sweet truck. Here is Walter with his '52 Chevy "truck bus." Our little tour group got a ride in this beast, en route to a special dinner in Cuba last week. The insides were quite comfortable, with modern seats and functional A/C. Despite his Anglo name, Walter speaks no English, so I had to communicate in sign language and pidgin Spanish to get him to pose with the truck.

1 ... 11121314151617 ... 23