classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
460 messages Options
1 ... 13141516171819 ... 23
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sweet Car Thread.

campgottagopee
I watch Barrett Jackson auctions all the time. That's about the going price for a stand up restomod. You gotta pay to play. Cars are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
campgottagopee wrote
I watch Barrett Jackson auctions all the time. That's about the going price for a stand up restomod. You gotta pay to play. Cars are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.
I think restomods are cool, but you can get 95% (or more) of a restomod with a new Mustang GT/Challenger RT/Camaro SS for a lot less money and more reliability. Hell, you can buy a 2019 Camaro with a 335hp V6 and a track pack for about $31K that will blow away anything in this price range at the track.

Chevy Camaro V6 (335hp) 6sp with just the 1LE package - $4,500

Black hood wrap
    Black front splitter
    Black outside rearview mirrors
    Black rear blade spoiler
    Black 20" forged-aluminum wheels with 245/40ZR20 front and 275/35ZR20 rear, run-flat, summer-only tires1
    Brembo® 4-piston front, 4-wheel antilock disc brakes
    Performance suspension components (from Camaro SS) including dampers, rear cradle mounts, ball-jointed rear toe links and stabilizer bars
    Heavy-duty cooling including engine oil cooler, dual outboard radiators and rear differential cooler
    Limited-slip differential
    Dual-mode exhaust when equipped with the 3.6L V6 engine
    Suede-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel and shift knob
    RS badging, front grilles and lighting

Here is a 2016 Mustang GT  - asking $25.9k for 420HP - who among us ever though you could buy 400 plus HP in this price range for a recently built car???

2016 Mustang GT

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Absolutely 100% agree with what you are saying. People are willing to pay the freight for the other 5%, as crazy as it is, it's true.

I'm online nearly everyday attending auctions. Every once in a while something will do a shot and I just smh.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Insert Hillbilly voice: This here's what I drive. (Will work for beer, just ask for the NYSB discount code)
What kind of mpg does that get?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Mine is 2.5 gallons/hr
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Just to provide a learning experience for all those complainers about how bad they/we have it - these were our choices in the 1970s (hell 1976 had to be the worst year ever for cars).

1)  Chevy Vega
2) Ford Pinto
3) AMC Pacer
4) AMC Gremlin
5) Mercury Zephyr
6) Ford Mustang 2
7) Lincoln Versailles
8) Plymouth Arrow
9) Chevy Monza
10) Chevy Chevette

And a whole host of crap from France, Italy and Japan.

It was a good thing these POS's rusted to the ground in 3 years. They couldn't run any longer than that.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

green light
Just to add to that POS list...there is a guy up the road from me restoring a Ford Maverick. I forgot about those things.
its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by PeeTex
Huh? Some of the most iconic American Muscle cars are from the 70's --- big blocks baby vroom vroom!!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
This post was updated on .
campgottagopee wrote
Huh? Some of the most iconic American Muscle cars are from the 70's --- big blocks baby vroom vroom!!
Camp - the really great Muscle cars were from the 60s and up to about 72 when the pollution controls went on and the gas crisis hit
Chevys 454 LS6 went out of production in 71. The LS5 could only produce 245 horses by 1973 - not vroom vroom but cough wheeze
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by green light
green light wrote
Just to add to that POS list...there is a guy up the road from me restoring a Ford Maverick. I forgot about those things.
Why?
Reply | Threaded
|

green light
Maybe I will have to stop and ask
its a beautiful thing
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Just to provide a learning experience for all those complainers about how bad they/we have it - these were our choices in the 1970s (hell 1976 had to be the worst year ever for cars).

10) Chevy Chevette
A friend in high school drove a 'Vette
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
What do we think of the new Jeep trucks? At first I thought they were ridiculous looking but they might be growing on me. Can’t decide how I feel about them
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Brownski wrote
What do we think of the new Jeep trucks? At first I thought they were ridiculous looking but they might be growing on me. Can’t decide how I feel about them
I've seen a few in the flesh, it is a good looking vehicle. If I was the Laird of a vast estate in the Scottish highlands and needed something different to patrol the boundaries, I might consider buying one. But other than that, nope.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Yeah, I think that’s about where I am as well, SBR. They’re probably not for me. I’m eager to see somebody put a camper of some sort on one though.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Brownski
I'd love one of those things!
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by Sick Bird Rider
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Brownski wrote
I've seen a few in the flesh, it is a good looking vehicle. If I was the Laird of a vast estate in the Scottish highlands and needed something different to patrol the boundaries, I might consider buying one. But other than that, nope.
I think there is a rule that Lairds in Scotland can only drive some kind of Ranger Rover.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
I have read a ton about Jeep lately.. There quality is at a all time low...Fiat has ruined the brand..
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JasonWx wrote
 Fiat has ruined the brand..
Some would argue the same for Nissan
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
i didn't want to say that...Renault has ruined Nissan too...especially the jatco trannies  
"Peace and Love"
1 ... 13141516171819 ... 23