The old new Greek Peak?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
152 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The old new Greek Peak?

campgottagopee
Early buy pass sales last year were due by April 15, same as always. Remember how people were afraid if they bought a pass and they closed they would lose their money??? That money, from my understanding, all went into the BK to try and help pay back their creditors.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
dang, first time i've been wrong today and we've just started
you came out of the womb wrong and nothings changed since!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
ScottyJack wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Me smokem peace pipe

Reply | Threaded
|

billyymc
Yeah - I see your point. Actual closing didn't occur until April 22. I guess either way it would have been in the new owners best interest to try and put some money back to those suppliers that lost out in bankruptcy. I would doubt it all went to the suppliers, but you'd have to read the actual settlement and court documents to know. The new pass pricing was announced by the new owners a day or two after the court accepted the offer.

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by billyymc
I get and understand that this price jump has ruffled feathers. After the hard feelings subside, it's still only $399. The old price was ridiculously cheap and " may " represent a somewhat desperate need to generate some cash flow. The new price is reasonable and honestly, it's probably what is necessary to support operations. The new owners simply may not have had a choice but to raise prices.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
campgottagopee wrote
ScottyJack wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Me smokem peace pipe
Chief Two Bowls and Chief Running Boards.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
 ^^^^
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Chatiemac
Chatiemac wrote

I'm 33% happier because of Greek Peak.
That there was dang funny
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
gorgonzola wrote

It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Rj1972
People will grumble, but in the end pay the $399.

Passes were $299 this year and $329 last year.  I don't recall what they were the year prior (and am too lazy to get off my butt right now to look) but $309 is coming to mind.

Also, GP sold either 2,700 or 3,700 passes this year as of the late-fall. I just don't recall if that first digit was a 2 or a 3. I'm really thinking it was a 2.

Reply | Threaded
|

kenneywallace
Ok so here's my dilimha, I can't come up with the money till mid to late april, the time last years pass went on sale, so this year I'm paying 200 $ more maybe 250 $ more depending on how they drope the increase, so from 299 $ to 499 $ or 549 $ depending on the day of the rate jump............ if they'd give another month I could possably consider it, but 549 is a lot to pay on a income of 15000 $ a year (work part time while taking care of parents)

To a skiier who skis every day and has money to spare that's nothing, to me its my entire tax check, which means I can not buy newer skis which I mean,

Quite frankly I don't give a crap about ski area size, I just love a day or half day on the slopes to clear the mind from the every day grind, a smaller area can achive that as much as a slightly larger hill, 750vs950 means 200feet diffrence, basicly lab is the size of the drop on trojin, herc, zues, or backside minus upper arcadian gate, a loss I'm ok with if I don't have to drop 65 $ a day for a lift ticket,

The chair lift speed is basicly the same ( labs tripple faster then the crap quad)

So in the end I'm not losing out on much.... my ski skill is basicly at oddisy, or the backside glade curently

I'm thankfull I don't have kids to take skiing, as any famliy in a similar situation is gonna have to consider, bigger mountian or take the kids skiing?

How many dh skiiers or snow boarders use the x country center anyways?

I'd rather ski kible road (lake dirt road) on the backside of whitney point lake, even go out on the ice on skis then their center, x country you can kinda do anywhere theirs snow ( not including the steeps)

I will admit the only reason I came to greek was the 299 $ pass, I never had an intention to leave lab, but a bargin and slightly less driving seemed like a steal, now unless greek extends early buy I'm forced to go to lab or song, just watching to see what season length looks like (I do think lab is better then song)

Greek is nice outside of the flats and what seems like some rood employees,  and a few back ski instructors (scream at a guy turn turn turn, without giving cues like changing ski preshure)

Black diamonds, the easy way down, less moving hazzards
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
kenneywallace wrote
 but 549 is a lot to pay on a income of 15000 $ a year (work part time while taking care of parents)
I will assume that you have decided that taking care of your parents is your priority in life and for that I applaud you, it is a noble thing you do.

At $15,000 a year I doubt I would buy any lift tickets, it would be pure back country and dawn patrols for me and I would still have a shit eat'n grin. I'd only use lift service if I could get a steal on a ticket.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Rj1972
Rj1972 wrote

Passes were $299 this year and $329 last year.  I don't recall what they were the year prior (and am too lazy to get off my butt right now to look) but $309 is coming to mind.

Also, GP sold either 2,700 or 3,700 passes this year as of the late-fall. I just don't recall if that first digit was a 2 or a 3. I'm really thinking it was a 2.

Let's just say GP sold 3000 passes last year @ $299 each ..... that equals $897,000

what percentage of current pass holders will drop out, 10% maybe 20% ???? My guess would be only 10ish%, but lets use 20%. 2400 passes @ $399 = $957,600

That's my kinda math ----- maybe the joke will actually be on those who leave for an inferior CNY ski hill and not we GP Homers  
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
campgottagopee wrote
Face4Me wrote
billyymc wrote
Reality is my kids are probably only getting up to GP 15 days this year anyway. And when they go we probalby only ski 3 or 4 hours. After skiing there for about 7 or 8 years they're kind of bored with it. If we take a ski trip we ski a much longer day.
Buying a season pass for a ski resort, at the end of the day, boils down to one thing ... a value proposition. Using your numbers above, based on a $399 pass price, and 15 days per season, you're talking about $26.66 per day. Using a 3 hour per day figure, you're down to $8.88 per hour. If you figure that 15 days per season amounts to about once a week, that's pretty comparable to going bowling once a week. As a value proposition, comparing the costs a ski resort incurs compared to a bowling alley's costs, I'd say that's a pretty good value.

Of course, if you're not satisfied by the services provided by that resort, whether it be terrain, snow conditions, lift operations, or whatever, then no price is a good price.

Man these WF guys are wicked smart
campgottagopee wrote
Rj1972 wrote

Let's just say GP sold 3000 passes last year @ $299 each ..... that equals $897,000

what percentage of current pass holders will drop out, 10% maybe 20% ???? My guess would be only 10ish%, but lets use 20%. 2400 passes @ $399 = $957,600

That's my kinda math ----- maybe the joke will actually be on those who leave for an inferior CNY ski hill and not we GP Homers
Greek Peak guys are wicked smart too!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

kenneywallace
Skking compaired to bowling? Last time I checked you shouldn't ski drunk, but need to be drunk to bowl good, leage also pays back about1/4to1\2 of what u put in in ski funds,

26 $ a day also is a expinsive bowling trip,

Black diamonds, the easy way down, less moving hazzards
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
kenneywallace wrote
Skking compaired to bowling? Last time I checked you shouldn't ski drunk, but need to be drunk to bowl good, leage also pays back about1/4to1\2 of what u put in in ski funds,

I love this guy!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by kenneywallace
kenneywallace wrote

Kenny, do you wear a helmet?
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
pro2860 wrote
kenneywallace wrote

Kenny, do you wear a helmet?
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Ex "pin"sive bowling trip..... KW rolling out a bowling humor strike in his spare time. Gutter hand it to him !