306 messages Options
1 ... 891011121314 ... 16
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What is the Ideal Amount of Snow?

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
For someone that has skied Park City over 10 years ago you sure aren't very good.  I've only been skiing 10 years or so and sounds like I'd blow you away on any mountain in any conditions.   Guess it helps getting out 75+ days a season and pushing myself to do things I never would have thought I'd be able to when I began this sport.  Only a dumbass would go 40mph in the woods.  We get it you like groomers and you can cruise on them.  Have fun out there gaper.
Can I have your autograph douche?

WOW! You're sooo cool!(If I was 13, I would think that)

Like I care..... LOL

Really you're just doing a recreational hobby. You don't compete at a high level and you pay to use the mountain. You ain't a pro so get off your high horse buddy boy!
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Glade Runner
Glade Runner wrote
Do you just make shit up as you go?  No one said they put their din setting to 20.  Maybe 10.
You guys don't understand sarcasm, eh?

Oh if you were actually skiing/racing at a high level you would be using a din like that. They don't even sell bindings like that to the general public(ie you....you're nothing special just another guy paying for a lift ticket and thinking he's hot shit)
14-15 Season:

12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
In reply to this post by PowderAssassin
PowderAssassin wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
nepa wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Try living there.
to

Powder Ass.  You should move out West... we could use someone like you to assassinate the powder for us.
 That made me laugh...Poor PA is getting killed.
Yes. all personal attacks. Everyone gave up on the issue because they knew they were wrong.
That wasn't a personal attack.  It was an invitation.  All signs so far point to a good season out here... there will be plenty of powder.  We'll need somebody to assassinate it for us.  
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
thread drift: wide trails suck in the east.
Why? On a powder day, doesn't wider trail = less tracked out?
Oh yeah...you don't really get to ski pow on the trails for the most part in the east...right I forgot.
It's also much safer on a wider trail. Look at death rates for people crashing into trees off trails. Stay away from trees and go modersate speed and stay safe and still have a great time
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Since you don't ride the woods, I'm surprised you are such an expert.  The trails are so iced up from the traffic on the trails.  The woods get shielded a lot from rain from the pine trees.  And the pine trees also block the sun a lot keeping it from melting and refreezing.  While it may be somewhat icy I never come across hard solid ice like I do on the trails.  So it is something you can grip if you sharpen your skis and have an edge.  One example is when I was at Smugglers notch this last year.  One face of the mountain was complete ice.  The other was a thin layer of ice that once you busted it up, the trails were great.  So we would ride the same few glades over and over because of all the ice on the mountain.  One instance where we found ourselves on the wrong face with an inch of thick ice that I busted through and had a hell of a time on, we found that on the same face if we just dropped in the woods, the conditions were 100% better.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by nepa
nepa wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
nepa wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Try living there.
to

Powder Ass.  You should move out West... we could use someone like you to assassinate the powder for us.
Yes. all personal attacks. Everyone gave up on the issue because they knew they were wrong.
That wasn't a personal attack.  It was an invitation.  All signs so far point to a good season out here... there will be plenty of powder.  We'll need somebody to assassinate it for us.
Tell me how jay peak gets more snow than telluride/aspen
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ScottyJack

ScottyJack wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Do you guys set your din at like 20+ so you can also show how "core" you are as well?

NO.  Mine are set at 10
Mine go to 11

Spinal Tap Rules
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
Since you don't ride the woods, I'm surprised you are such an expert.  The trails are so iced up from the traffic on the trails.  The woods get shielded a lot from rain from the pine trees.  And the pine trees also block the sun a lot keeping it from melting and refreezing.  While it may be somewhat icy I never come across hard solid ice like I do on the trails.  So it is something you can grip if you sharpen your skis and have an edge.  One example is when I was at Smugglers notch this last year.  One face of the mountain was complete ice.  The other was a thin layer of ice that once you busted it up, the trails were great.  So we would ride the same few glades over and over because of all the ice on the mountain.  One instance where we found ourselves on the wrong face with an inch of thick ice that I busted through and had a hell of a time on, we found that on the same face if we just dropped in the woods, the conditions were 100% better.
Yeah it's also because the snow is real Einstein....like out west. This ice crap on trails is from the fake crap that's blow onto the trails.  Yes traffic matters too. EC trails get hid harder with that as well.

But you'll still get ice in the woods if you thaw/rain then refreeze. It's hilarious to see you pick something apart that was clearly a joke. This is quite amusing.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
ScottyJack wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Do you guys set your din at like 20+ so you can also show how "core" you are as well?

NO.  Mine are set at 10
Mine go to 11

It's called a race binding. You can't buy them at a ski shop for good reason. It's basically a non releasable at 20. Thus, lazinger's leg came off before the binding released.
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
PowderAssassin wrote
nepa wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
nepa wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Try living there.
to

That's not the point.  I invited you to move west, and assassinate the powder for us.  I don't really care who gets more... we just need someone to perform the assassinations.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Well that's stupid because who would want to ride race skis in the woods?  Well except my buddy Don who is an old school skier in his 50's.  We been dragging him into the woods on his racing skis for a few years now.  He's still alive.  If you are so much for real snow why are you on the trails anyways?  At least when the natural hits, I stay off the crowded icy trails.  So basically the rest you agree with me on so why do you try to make it seem like there is an argument?  Maybe we could ride together sometime this winter.  I doubt it would last long though.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
nepa wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
nepa wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
nepa wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Try living there.
to

That's not the point.  I invited you to move west, and assassinate the powder for us.  I don't really care who gets more... we just need someone to perform the assassinations.  
That's the entire point. You're getting butthurt because NVT is not comparable in powder to the west. Period. It's hurting your core east coast ego. It's as clear as day. Lashing out with irrelevant name calling....gaper....LOL! and talking about how good you are(quite pathetic)
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
nepa wrote
You need to post more...ur funny

There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
And I also never claimed to be a racer.  Usually people who ski or board are pretty laid back and easy to get along with.  You are just an asshole.  Probably don't get out riding enough.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Also don't recall anyone claiming NVT was getting more snow than out west.  Just that Jay was the closest comparison.  All the words you've put into everyone's mouths.  Yes out west generally gets more snow, I wish I was there.  Hope you feel better now.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Moderate speed, wide trails......... are you a sergeant in the Fun Police?
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
PowderAssassin wrote
That's the entire point. You're getting butthurt because NVT is not comparable in powder to the west. Period. It's hurting your core east coast ego. It's as clear as day. Lashing out with irrelevant name calling....gaper....LOL! and talking about how good you are(quite pathetic)
No.  That's not it.  I love NVT, but I still really don't care who get's more snow.... that seems to be your thing.  Period.  I live in the PNW, so I don't think my core east coast ego really applies here.

Define "butthurt"... not sure I am following you on that.  How does one get butthurt by something?
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote
Do you just make shit up as you go?  No one said they put their din setting to 20.  Maybe 10.

Oh if you were actually skiing/racing at a high level you would be using a din like that. They don't even sell bindings like that to the general public(ie you....you're nothing special just another guy paying for a lift ticket and thinking he's hot shit)

Actually I get a lot of insider free tickets.  Never paid to goto Gore, get plenty of free comp tickets from my level 3 snowboard instructer cousin.  Prob hit there for free 10 times a year.
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
  I doubt it would last long though.
yeah, I don't care who ski's faster. I'm not 14.
That being said slow tree skiing is different than on trail wide open bowl powder skiing. I know what I'd rather do
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
Glade Runner wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
Glade Runner wrote

Actually I get a lot of insider free tickets.  Never paid to goto Gore, get plenty of free comp tickets from my level 3 snowboard instructer cousin.  Prob hit there for free 10 times a year.
Yeah so does a lift operator at a ski area or an instuctor....doesn't make him a pro... LOL Keep trying Bode jr. You know damn well someone like that would never come on a forum and start arguing with strangers about how core he is. LOL
14-15 Season:

12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
1 ... 891011121314 ... 16