classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1254 messages Options
1 ... 48495051525354 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

JTG4eva!
Man, you two are f’ing bullies!  Bullies, I tell ya!!!

You know, it’s tough when MC becomes a punching......

Sorry, couldn’t finish that thought, threw up a little in my mouth.  Who was it felt bad for MC because he was a punching bag?  That was a good one!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JTG4eva! wrote
Man, you two are f’ing bullies!  Bullies, I tell ya!!!

You know, it tough when MC becomes a punching......

Sorry, couldn’t finish that thought, threw up a little in my mouth.  Who was it felt bad for MC because he was a punching bag?  That was a good one!
I sincerely, honestly, earnestly  want to see him do well.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
I believe that was witchy, I laughed at that too.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
I sincerely, honestly, earnestly  want to see him do well.
Absolutely!  I mean, we can bicker all we want, but I only want the best, and to buy a beer for, MC and the lot of you all.  Spade a spade aside....
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Brownski wrote
 What do you think MC? Does that satisfy your purposes? Whatever they are- you don’t have to tell us.
My "purposes" are to get you guys to stop whining and start proposing useful solutions.

But you guys just love whining! And you don't have any solutions! So these conversations go nowhere.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
You really are something. It was you that said we can live a normal life right now. That's just a ridiculous statement.

Tell you what. Go up to a farmer who is dumping his milk on the ground and tell him life is normal. Let me know how that goes for you.

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
You really are something. It was you that said we can live a normal life right now. That's just a ridiculous statement.

Tell you what. Go up to a farmer who is dumping his milk on the ground and tell him life is normal. Let me know how that goes for you.
I'm telling you that the things we normally do, we're doing. This isn't the first time dairy farmers have been affected by a supply glut. In fact, you posted about it 2 years ago:
https://forum.nyskiblog.com/Support-NY-Dairy-Farmers-tp4122521p4122584.html
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
And I'm telling you that your life and my life are drastically different. Don't try and convince me that your ridiculous statement is true. You sound like Trump.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
And I'm telling you that your life and my life are drastically different. Don't try and convince me that your ridiculous statement is true.
I'm saying it's different. I'm also saying that it's "normal" in that we do all the things we normally do (go to work, eat food, work around the house, go on bike rides).

I feel like we're talking past each other, but it's because you guys (who are what? completely isolated?) seem to have lost touch with people still living their lives. 20% unemployment means that 80% of people still have jobs & work.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
JTG4eva! wrote
Sorry, couldn’t finish that thought, threw up a little in my mouth.
If your speaking style is anything like your posting style, don’t worry....the next wave of diarrhea will wash the taste out.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I think I cracked the code.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Johnnyonthespot wrote
I think I cracked the code.
I just want any opinion! If they think we should "open up" every business right now (either in NYC or upstate first), they should say that! They should be prepared to answer what it looks like when those businesses open. Is everyone wearing a mask? Do groups have to sit 8 seats seats apart in movie theaters (with decontamination between movies)? Are pubs still going to do the "wash glasses at the bar" thing? What if we get a second wave? Do we go back to the way it is now? Or do we get stricter rules (no golf courses or Home Depot)?

The thing is, camp, JTG, and Brownski are perfectly fine with the way things are going because they believe in hierarchy and order even when the person giving the order is a colossal douchebag (substitute either Cuomo or Trump here for you politics whiners, because it seems impossible for you guys to take each action & judge it individually).

They don't want to share their opinions on what should be done, they just want to come on here and whine.

Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
I'm not sure as to what extent/magnitude,  but I think that just knowing this thing exists and being cautious about it, significantly helps reduce the impact.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Johnnyonthespot wrote
I'm not sure as to what extent/magnitude,  but I think that just knowing this thing exists and being cautious about it, significantly helps reduce the impact.
Completely agree.

I think the social distance/hand washing/mask in public thing we're doing right now is working really well to mitigate a situation that could have been much worse.

And I suspect that if we "reopen the economy", we'll still be doing fine (at least upstate) as long as people continue to do that stuff (that's why I want to know details of the plans, though - if I'm going to get a haircut, do I wear a mask? Does the haircutter? Both? I don't have an "over the ears" mask... does the place have disposable ones I can use?)

The problem is, even if we "reopen the economy" (with whatever rules we have in place), millions of people will still be hesitant to go to restaurants, sporting events, etc. We are not even close to being out of the woods economically, but I can't talk about the solutions to that because it's too political.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
We need to learn the rules about what spreads and what doesn't so we get to a place where we're only closing what is necessary, then work on devising custom solutions for those activities until we have a vaccine in hand.

I'm starting to think the patchwork opening of things might be the second best way to proceed, since comprehensive testing doesn't seem to be an option right now.  I guess it depends on whether or not they can make tight correlations between events and cases.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
The US accepts 40,000 to 70,000 deaths a year from influenzas.  The reality is you can’t save everybody and still have a fully functioning society, or so it would seem.  

The Asian Flu pandemic of 1957 killed as many as 116,000 people in the US before the crisis period ended in May 1958.

Granted, 40,000 people have died in the first month of CV-19, but the rate of infections and death seems to be slowing.  While SARS-Cov-2 is unprecedented in our lifetime, such a pandemic is not entirely unprecedented.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
MC
Seriously, how is your grandmother doing?
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
New boogey man in town, but sometimes you gotta just be willing to whoop his ass or go down swinging.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Brownski wrote
MC
Seriously, how is your grandmother doing?
Happy ending to that story. My aunt went in, convinced her to start eating, which greatly helped her disease recovery abilities, she got better and was released in about a week. There's more to the story (it's kinda funny, but you kinda have to know my aunt & my grandmother for it to be funny. There's strong stubborn gene in our family).

She's 94 and back in her condo in her "adult community"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
.  I guess it depends on whether or not they can make tight correlations between events and cases.
Without testing, what are the odds of this? They'd have to use deaths as a metric, right?

And since they have to use deaths, doesn't it seem likely that events with lots of young people (a school opens, an outdoor concert happens) would have different results than events with old people (a retirement community opens up their golf course& allows people to use golf carts)? So any "solution" would probably still have to be age-based?
1 ... 48495051525354 ... 63