1 ... 47484950515253 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

JTG4eva!
This post was updated on .
MC2 5678F589 wrote
The entire "Reopen the economy" argument is stupid.

What does that even mean?
 For f#%k’s sake, it means getting the 20 million people who have been put out of work the last six weeks back to work.  “The Economy” is just a representation of people’s livelihoods, businesses, and normal lives.  You are so stubborn, obtuse, and tone deaf....I don’t know why I bother with you!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
 For f#%k’s sake, it mean getting the 20 million people who have been put out of work the last six weeks back to work.
THAT'S your standard? Return to full employment?!?

That might not happen for 9-10 years... Like the last recession.

I have some ideas for how to speed that along, but alas, they would be too political.
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
You guys are splitting hairs here.

The phrase that pays is “the new normal”, which is yet to really be determined, and will always be evolving. But it definitely won’t be a full scale back to your old normal, for anyone, maybe ever.  But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t certain aspects of your old life which you can still do. Those are your “normal” activities......if you can afford them.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
1 out of 6 workers have lost their job.

No matter how you want to look at it, that's not normal.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
But if they want to ignore the closure of a trailhead they can go on a “normal” hike!  That, and nobody is stopping them from buying a plane ticket they can’t afford, for an unnecessary flight that might kill them, or possibly their memaw....
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
LOL

Ain't it amazing. The guy just loves to argue.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Seriously, if it’s no big deal then let’s just let everybody reopen. I can let my hair grow out sure but I was really looking forward to that Black Widow movie.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Hey JTG, what’s your least favorite category of booze?
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Wine....if it’s between wine, liquor, and malt beverages.

Gin, if it’s between liquors.

Anything low proof if I have to deal with MC.

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JTG4eva! wrote
Wine....if it’s between wine, liquor, and malt beverages.

Gin, if it’s between liquors.

Anything low proof if I have to deal with MC.
Good answer. From now on I’m doing a shot of Bookers before responding to any MC posts. I think most industry people would say flavored vodkas. So many flavors.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
The only thing I use vodka for is the occasional Moscow Mule, or when I make Penne a’la Vodka, which I made tonight.  So good.

I do have a bottle of vanilla vodka up on the Cape.  No bueno.

I may add snorting a shot of vodka before responding to MC to my vodka repertoire.  Of course, snorting vodka may have internal disinfectant benefits, so it would have Trump approved corona-benefits!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
JTG4eva! wrote
I may add snorting a shot of vodka before responding to MC to my vodka repertoire.  Of course, snorting vodka may have internal disinfectant benefits, so it would have Trump approved corona-benefits!
Might as well give it a shot
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote

There are ways to deal with that, but I can't talk about them.

I'm not even sure what you guys are talking about anyway. Tell me what "opening up the economy" means to you and then we can talk.

If it means "force businesses to rehire the people they laid off or fired", then say that. If it means: "use taxpayer dollars to pay people indefinitely", then say that.

Until you guys let us know what you're really asking for, this conversation is dumb.

And what do you mean "let everyone reopen?" Brownski?

You think we should restart sports? Haircuts? Restaurants? Gyms? Do we have to wear masks in your world?

You guys really need to be more specific in what you are proposing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote

There are ways to deal with that, but I can't talk about them.

I'm not even sure what you guys are talking about anyway. Tell me what "opening up the economy" means to you and then we can talk.

If it means "force businesses to rehire the people they laid off or fired", then say that. If it means: "use taxpayer dollars to pay people indefinitely", then say that.

Until you guys let us know what you're really asking for, this conversation is dumb.

And what do you mean "let everyone reopen?" Brownski?

You think we should restart sports? Haircuts? Restaurants? Gyms? Do we have to wear masks in your world?

You guys really need to be more specific in what you are proposing.
No fair. I don’t have any Bookers in the house yet. You really don’t understand? I feel like we need to drink together MC. Like hard. Not this three scotches before I go to bed shit. A good eight hour, two day hangover drunk. Next Jan. 8, you me and JTG meet up at Plattekill and figure this out. We can fix everything that way. It’s a date.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Brownski wrote
 You really don’t understand?
Like most other issues, you guys bitch about the way things are but offer nothing different that you would do.

Either offer some useful ideas or just stop whining that things aren't open and you can't get haircuts and the precious economy is teetering.

Your problem is that you have no ideas other than: "let's just let the politicians sort it out, but never talk about politics because that's unseemly."
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Until you guys let us know...,,
There is no “us”, Kemosahbee, it’s just you.  

No, I don’t have any Booker’s, so yes....I did just snort some vodka before responding to MC’s nonsense.  Yeah, unpleasant....but much less so than reading MC drivel!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Brownski
I bet you’ve got vodka in da house!

Man, I already get enough shit for the once a year bender, and now you want me to add another?

Ok, I’m in!

Dish....how often do you guys just get wrecked?  I mean, praying to the porcelain god, three sheets to the wind, “what the f#%k are you talking about, I don’t remember doing that” kind of wrecked?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Until you guys let us know...,,
There is no “us”, Kemosahbee, it’s just you.  
Exactly.

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Ok, I’m in!

Dish....how often do you guys just get wrecked?  I mean, praying to the porcelain god, three sheets to the wind, “what the f#%k are you talking about, I don’t remember doing that” kind of wrecked?
It has been too long. What do you think about setting up a thread where MC gets to win every argument? We can name it “Current events” but we’ll all know it’s the “Let MC pretend he’s redefining the terms of the debate thread”? What do you think MC? Does that satisfy your purposes? Whatever they are- you don’t have to tell us.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
1 ... 47484950515253 ... 63