1254 messages Options
1 ... 11121314151617 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

PeeTex
Little Wing wrote
Not likely that corona virus was human engineered.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-not-human-made-in-lab.html
The information I posted claims to debunk the Nature Article. Again, I’m not saying it’s correct or incorrect, I am saying there are credible scientists that show sound reason to believe there is another possibility.
The Dr in the video has multiple publications in Nature as well as other Journals.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by billyymc
Willy is back

Some departure
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
tjf1967 wrote
I think it's a horrible idea to issue 2 trillion in debt.
I am very nervous about that as well. It is usually global events (like world wars) that effective cause a redistribution of wealth. This could also be such an event.
Are you of the opinion that wealth is distributed in an ideal way now, and any disruption to that distribution would be bad? Because if so, you are very wrong:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/income-inequality-in-america-how-98-trillion-of-household-wealth-is-distributed/
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by billyymc
billyymc wrote
PeeTex wrote

Time will tell. It’s just a theory.
I wasn’t  going to post here anymore but your post is egregiously irresponsible and subversively political and needs to be called out.

Your claim that this is improbable to be found in nature is just patently false. Similar viruses have been found in Chinese Horseshoe bats. This virus could have existed for a long time. There  are many reasons why not only is sudden spillover to humans likely, but also reasons this virus could have naturally adapted to be difficult for human immune systems to deal with specifically BECAUSE of the unique nature of bats immune systems.

You’re spreading xenophobic political garbage with absolutely no foundation. Fucking educate yourself.  I thought the politicrap was supposed to be off limits.
Billy is exactly correct here, though.

PeeTex does this all the time (spread xenophobic political garbage with absolutely no foundation) and it's irritating that he does it on a ski forum.

Like, this shit is still in this forum. Just PeeTex professing his desire to say "White Lives Matter" and diminishing a movement attempting to stop black people being killed by their government:
PeeTex wrote
 we need to stop this "Black lives matter" shit. It does nothing but inflame those who are non-black and also inflames those that are as it is seen as a call to rise up against "whitie" as we have seen over the past days. If I were to say "White lives matter" that's racist but I can say "Black lives matter" and that's not and if I say "All lives matter" I am insensitive and don't understand. Well that is total BS. Lets all come together and solve these problems without throwing salt on the wounds.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Holy shit MC

You really flexed your search muscles with that old quote.

I'm curious. Are you one of the lucky ones that still gets to work?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
I'm curious. Are you one of the lucky ones that still gets to work?
I'm always working, man. If it's not at the office, it's out of the office, or working on my house, or working on my fitness.

We're not all privileged enough to tool around on $12k snowmobiles all the time.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
So you don't have to apply for unemployment?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
A bunch of missed income from my two part time jobs, but no loss of income from my full-time job... Yet 🤞
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
A bunch of missed income from my two part time jobs, but no loss of income from my full-time job... Yet 🤞
Good for you! Seriously.

I've never been on unemployment in my life. At first I wasn't even going to apply for it but then I thought I'd be foolish for not doing so. I need to find out if I'll be taxed on it, that might make my decision easier.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
campgottagopee wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Good for you! Seriously.

I've never been on unemployment in my life. At first I wasn't even going to apply for it but then I thought I'd be foolish for not doing so. I need to find out if I'll be taxed on it, that might make my decision easier.
You can choose whether or not you'd like to be taxed now or taxed later (when you pay your 2020 taxes).

And if you are in a position where you are even considering not taking unemployment: congratulations to you for your wealth.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Willy is back

Some departure
His flight was canceled
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
PeeTex wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Willy is back

Some departure
His flight was canceled
LOL
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC - take a moment and listen or read, there is nothing xenophobic or racists in the information I provided. It’s just an alternate theory part of which includes an industrial accident. Would it be xenophobic to say that the Fukushima nuclear accident was caused by a faulty design of a Japanese power plant? Nature didn’t build it. Your lack of scientific curiosity is astounding.

With regards to your comment on redistribution of wealth, my statement was simply that catastrophic global events usually create a redistribution of wealth. I made no statement on good or bad, just that it occurs. If you are hell bent on discussing politics I think Harv has made this clear - go somewhere else.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Thanks for the info, MC.

I'm definitely not wealthy. At this point in my life I simply don't need much. I'm holding on tightly that this thing doesn't go past 30 days. I'll be fine for that amount of time with what I have here at home.

Being I can have it taxed I might as well take it. It will help me pay my taxes come July 😁
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
MC - take a moment and listen or read, there is nothing xenophobic or racists in the information I provided.
Agree
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Just because something wasn't moved out of OT doesn't mean it shouldn't have been, it merely means that I missed it.

Billy is gone. Several others who said to me by PM that they are done, because of the interactions of two.

I really don't want to kill the OT or this thread.

This small website is something that means a lot to me. I don't want it to be a place that is seen as a focal point for divisiveness.

I spent the day yesterday making the tough decisions about our company, and tomorrow is going to be a very sad day for us.  The decisions I make here, right or wrong, pale in importance.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I've never been on unemployment either.  But small business owners can't get it.  I think if we dissolved the company I might be able to, but fuck.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Yikes

Tough times for sure. Sorry you have to go through this.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Billy is gone. Several others who said to me by PM that they are done, because of the interactions of two.
Reactions like this has always amazed me. I'm continually surprised how some take the internet so serious.

I've lurked on TGR (mainly to see what ML is up to) and those peeps over there are brutal. They wouldn't last a day over there. And the old RSN makes TGR look like an old lady.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by Harvey
I don't understand the pming.

Nothing wrong with Billy... But he was kind of Dickie.  Are we supposed to bow to him as the all knowing guru on... Everything Just because he can regurgitate what he reads on Google.  He wants to put his knowingly one sided opinions out and calls foul when he gets called.

Your company. Very sad. You put 30 years into building something that could be gone is a moment over a disease that should change our habits but not our lives. It's my opinion we are doing more harm than good. Wealth of many are being desimated.  If level heads don't prevail the mess that is left will do many times more damage than the virus itself.  Our government can't protect us by shuttering every small business. The weak ones will fail on their own because smart people won't put themselves in danger patronizing them.  I'm not a word smith, I do read everything and that in my opinion.
1 ... 11121314151617 ... 63