1254 messages Options
1 ... 23242526272829 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

Brownski
Johnnyonthespot wrote
... Not sure how I feel about it until I it all plays out.
This is the problem with everything about this whole damn thing. It’s impossible to know what’s right and wrong as we go. Everybody is just doing their best to make decisions based on crappy, incomplete information. Hind sight will be 20/20.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
People are mad because ventilators are being confiscated to go to other parts of the state. Not sure how I feel about it until it all plays out.
It's also been said the national guard will show up and take them if they aren't handed over.

Shit please meet the fan
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
In reply to this post by tjf1967
tjf1967 wrote
Time for everyone to remember 7000 people die in the US each day. The virus is not a death sentence. It needs to be dealt with it's very concerning let's not make it more than it is. Just do what you are supposed to.
Thank you.
Reply | Threaded
|

scrundy
This ^^^
The drama is getting old.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
600 people died in NYS alone yesterday. I'd say we all should take this seriously.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Everybody have a drink and tune in later on tonight...
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
And hopefully everyone is... And I believe they are. We knew two weeks ago this was coming. It is what it is. Deal with it and be safe my friend.
I say that with peace and love.
Get a mask and gloves. If they work for the health care provider they will work for everyone else.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Everybody have a drink and tune in later on tonight...
This makes me a little afraid
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
tjf1967 wrote
And hopefully everyone is... And I believe they are. We knew two weeks ago this was coming. It is what it is. Deal with it and be safe my friend.
Get a mask and gloves. If they work for the health care provider they will work for everyone else.
Yeah
This is almost exactly how I feel
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Milo Maltbie
Milo Maltbie wrote
campgottagopee wrote
JasonWx wrote

If they don't look at to long and see the Crossman BB

Rt on! Put that bad boy right where everyone can see it.
Maybe in Park Slope or the Upper East Side, but it's usually not a good idea to show a toy gun in a neighborhood where people have real guns.

mm
That BB gun doesn’t intimidate me at all
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Hey NYSB, I've never promoted the front page in the forum, but here's something I really believe in.

Would mean a lot to me if you'd read it:

https://nyskiblog.com/a-different-kind-of-stoke/
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Done.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis1
In reply to this post by Harvey
Yes good information
I don't want to get to much into debate about ghost and spiritual but I know that for fact they around. I know few mediums sentives who helped me when my dad passed.
I on some Facebook group and saw a good post about what happens now though could be helpful

"I have been told today it will be over very soon 🌹

I might need to make clear my message: I have a ball I use for exercises.. And the ball sits in one room. This morning I found the ball in my corridor. I don't have anyone staying with me during self-isolation time in NZ. I thought it was strange. I went to open a window of my bedroom, and I received the message. I tried to ignore it. I went to the other room to open another window, and the message was even clear. The ball is starting rolling-a sign. My spirit almost always delivers accurate messages.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1607104479537823/permalink/2527332724181656/
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
You can buy the c95 masks at the hardware store. Was buying paint yesterday and the lady in front of me bought 2 packs. Went through two gallons quicker than shit. Sent my dad down before I ran out... Next day. They still had them.  We both had masks and gloves on. Just saying
Reply | Threaded
|

tirolski
Utzi the tyloean iceman, oldest known mummy, recently found in the alps, had a homemade bow. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96tzi It's been tough living for quite a while, especially in the mountains. Stay safe, strong, lather, rinse, repeat.
Reply | Threaded
|

onscott
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Johnnyonthespot wrote
... Not sure how I feel about it until I it all plays out.
This is the problem with everything about this whole damn thing. It’s impossible to know what’s right and wrong as we go. Everybody is just doing their best to make decisions based on crappy, incomplete information. Hind sight will be 20/20.
Respectfully to all, especially to Brownski as he is helping keep an essential product to market!

Well, here's what we do know:
1) Spreads easily, especially in dense urban areas with extensive mass transit networks.
2) Mortality factors are well defined and are fairly uniform among all populations.  Chance of succumbing to CV is easy to calculate based on these factors.
3) Contracting CV is an unpleasant, but not life altering, experience for most of the population.
4) The presence (or lack thereof) of ventilators does not significantly (>25%) affect mortality rates.
5) The use of alternate treatments, while helpful for milder cases, does not seem to affect mortality rates.
6) (Mild speculation) It's likely that many more people have had it (and recovered) than have been tested.
7) People are losing their f***ing minds.

What we don't know:
1) The extent to which people will give up their personal liberties to power hungry politicians.
2) The number of suicides and drug overdoses that will happen due to this panic.
3) The amount of economic ruin that will take place due to the policies put in place.
4) The number of women and children that will suffer from domestic abuse by an abusive husband/father that cracks due to a lost job and/or being asked to stay home.
5) The future intentional biological attacks on us by known enemies of the USA.

I went to Wegmans today to pick up some groceries and nearly half the customers had face masks on.  One married couple (~30 years old) - woman was berating man because he touched his face mask before using hand sanitizer...WTF people?!  I wanted to tell the guy to grow a pair but just went about my business.   Meanwhile, the teenage cashier was cool as ice...good for you kid and thanks for coming to work every day.

I think at some point we have to asks ourselves - are we "The Godfather" or are we Johnny Fontane?

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
We also know that everyone taking drastic steps all at once and as early as possible causes far less death an economic damage than each region reacting in succession.

This is going be like 9/11, in one way. Next time it will be obvious how to respond and we will kick it's ass.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Harvey wrote
This is going be like 9/11, in one way. Next time it will be obvious how to respond and we will kick it's ass.
Not necessarily true. We had plenty of plans an scenarios in place for this kind of thing and we.... responded super late (after some Senators sold some stock) and then just left a bunch of stuff to the free market.

Also, it's possible that the next thing will be bigger than this thing. Like:
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
tjf1967 wrote
Rt on. Have a mask and gloves already. My MIL gave me a homemade mask and I have gloves here in stock for harvesting.
Cheers bro!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Harvey wrote
Hey NYSB, I've never promoted the front page in the forum, but here's something I really believe in.

Would mean a lot to me if you'd read it:

https://nyskiblog.com/a-different-kind-of-stoke/
Thanks for taking the time to put that all together Harv.
1 ... 23242526272829 ... 63