1 ... 22232425262728 ... 63
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Coronavirus

JasonWx
campgottagopee wrote
Just a thought....
Some of you down by the city may want to go buy a pellet gun. They look real and may work as a visual deterrent.
If they don't look at to long and see the Crossman BB

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
You don't understand the difference between a cure and a treatment that reduces the effects.
You don't seem to understand the difference between Dr. Oz and actual scientists who work on pandemics, so we're even.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Dr. Fauci did warn it isn't a knockout drug though.
I haven’t read every quote of his from every source.....but it seems to me he is saying what any good doctor/scientist should say.  We don’t know that it is a game changer or knock-out drug, and we can’t assume that it is, because the studies to date are insufficient and much of the current “evidence” (either way) is anecdotal and unconfirmed.  Bottom line is we don’t have the evidence yet to draw any definite conclusions, and we should temper expectations until we do.  He’s throwing cold water on those grasping at this treatment option prematurely.....but has he really said that it is NOT (or won’t be) a game changer or knock out drug?  I’m sure he’d readily admit he doesn’t know that yet.

Whatever your thought, feelings, belief, or opinions on current “evidence” are, if you were on a ventilator, drowning on the fluid COVID-19 is producing in your lungs....would you or would you not want this anti-malaria shit?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
Johnnyonthespot wrote
“We think it's real,” Dr. Oz said on Thursday.
The British Medical Journal published a study that found more than half of the recommendations on medical talk series like The Dr. Oz Show had either no evidence or contradicted medical research. Donald Trump's appointment of Oz to the Council on Sports, Fitness, and Nutrition was criticized as an example of choosing "pundits over experts".[
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote

Rt on! Put that bad boy right where everyone can see it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
That was Dr. Smith in the beginning of the article. Apparently you didn't watch the video (couldn't have because you posted in less time than the length of the video) and just scrolled down to do what you are accusing me of. You found information to fit your agenda so you could pretend to prove someone wrong.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by trackbiker
If you read the actual link I posted, it refers to Dr. SMITH. I honestly didn't even read that Dr. Oz part. I'm well aware of who he is and don't take him too seriously.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
JTG4eva! wrote
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Dr. Fauci did warn it isn't a knockout drug though.
I haven’t read every quote of his from every source.....but it seems to me he is saying what any good doctor/scientist should say.  We don’t know that it is a game changer or knock-out drug, and we can’t assume that it is, because the studies to date are insufficient and much of the current “evidence” (either way) is anecdotal and unconfirmed.  Bottom line is we don’t have the evidence yet to draw any definite conclusions, and we should temper expectations until we do.  He’s throwing cold water on those grasping at this treatment option prematurely.....but has he really said that it is NOT (or won’t be) a game changer or knock out drug?  I’m sure he’d readily admit he doesn’t know that yet.

Whatever your thought, feelings, belief, or opinions on current “evidence” are, if you were on a ventilator, drowning on the fluid COVID-19 is producing in your lungs....would you or would you not want this anti-malaria shit?
Exactly why I posted "Hope" before the link. MatheMatt strikes again!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Johnnyonthespot wrote
If you read the actual link I posted, it refers to Dr. SMITH. I honestly didn't even read that Dr. Oz part. I'm well aware of who he is and don't take him too seriously.
You quoted Dr. Oz, you maniac!!
Johnnyonthespot wrote
He said that his team spoke to the medical leadership in China and vetted the study.

He then went on to explain what the study, which looked at 62 patients, showed. He noted that half of the patients got the traditional therapy being offered in China and the other half got the traditional therapy plus hydroxychloroquine."
Also, even if the "don't you want doctors to do everything they can?" question makes you feel better, I think we have to recognize that there is a danger to having a bunch of uninformed idiots going to the hospital and demanding a drug (that might be difficult to get) that is not a proven cure.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
So, you are saying that if you were at death’s door from COVID-19 related pneumonia you wouldn’t want it, because it’s not “proven”?

Good on you for leaving it to the Lupus sufferers (my mother had Lupus) but honestly, if you say that....I think you are full o’ shit!
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Johnnyonthespot wrote
You quoted Dr. Oz, you maniac!!
Johnnyonthespot wrote
He said that his team spoke to the medical leadership in China and vetted the study.

He then went on to explain what the study, which looked at 62 patients, showed. He noted that half of the patients got the traditional therapy being offered in China and the other half got the traditional therapy plus hydroxychloroquine."
Also, even if the "don't you want doctors to do everything they can?" question makes you feel better, I think we have to recognize that there is a danger to having a bunch of uninformed idiots going to the hospital and demanding a drug (that might be difficult to get) that is not a proven cure.
Right, because that's what happens. Idiots get whatever they ask for at the hospital. Listen, I admit I could have elaborated much better. Let's just hope this thing gets sorted out. I hope none of you get it.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
More importantly that video in my link tells about how diabetics, pre-diabetics, and obese are at greater risk to complications.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
JTG4eva! wrote
So, you are saying that if you were at death’s door from COVID-19 related pneumonia you wouldn’t want it, because it’s not “proven”?
I decided not to answer that because:

1. That's not a relevant question for me (I'm not dying of Coronavirus)
2. The danger of misinformation is more relevant to our discussion than a hypothetic question

If we're just dealing in hypotheticals, we could just say dumb shit all day ("if Killington lowered its lift prices to $1, are you saying you wouldn't go because it would be "too crowded"?!?!?")

Come to think about it, saying dumb shit all day is you & Johnny's regular conversation, so I guess it's good to have some normality in these troubling times.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Blah, blah.... Like I said....full o’ shit!
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
What I got out of it is if you're a fat person you better watch your step
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
JasonWx wrote

Rt on! Put that bad boy right where everyone can see it.
Maybe in Park Slope or the Upper East Side, but it's usually not a good idea to show a toy gun in a neighborhood where people have real guns.

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
MC2 5678F589 wrote
JTG4eva! wrote
I decided not to answer that because:

1. That's not a relevant question for me (I'm not dying of Coronavirus)
2. The danger of misinformation is more relevant to our discussion than a hypothetic question

If we're just dealing in hypotheticals, we could just say dumb shit all day ("if Killington lowered its lift prices to $1, are you saying you wouldn't go because it would be "too crowded"?!?!?")

Come to think about it, saying dumb shit all day is you & Johnny's regular conversation, so I guess it's good to have some normality in these troubling times.
I hope you're not like this if we ever hang out. It's like I almost want to video call you.

I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
It's not that I'm always right.... It's that you guys are almost always wrong.

Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Time for everyone to remember 7000 people die in the US each day. The virus is not a death sentence. It needs to be dealt with it's very concerning let's not make it more than it is. Just do what you are supposed to.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
This post was updated on .
People are mad because ventilators are being confiscated to go to other parts of the state. Not sure how I feel about it until it all plays out.
I don't rip, I bomb.
1 ... 22232425262728 ... 63